> Alex Ariza says 3 rounds?
Box in Hand
post Oct 6 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (Method @ Oct 6 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I hope the fight is competitive and goes rounds.

I really hope it does.

PS - Is it me or does every pic used of Alex Ariza on the front page paint him as some sort of ratty scumbag. He's always got some sort of smarmy look on his face.

Um yeah he is a ratty scumbag and sorry this fight won't be competitive with Marquez hitting the deck at least twice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PColeman28
post Oct 6 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #12

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,639

I just have a hard time seeing this fight going past 5 or 6 rounds...i think it will be competive for a round or 2 but i think once pac gets in a grove he'll knock him out or get late stoppage...Ill be completely shocked if this fight goes all 12

+Quote Post
Lil-lightsout
post Oct 6 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #13

Light Heavyweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 3,047

Pac knows to end this early, and he will. He is a different monster now, and JMM does not hold the weight that well and his chin is definitely going to get cracked this time. It will be fun as long as it lasts though.

+Quote Post
Big Slim Sweet
post Oct 6 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #14

Bourbon County Stout

Member No.: 1,759

QUOTE (Prov0 @ Oct 6 2011, 05:04 PM) *
i get what your saying i agree.JMM shouldnt be at that weight .but in the public eye .those that really aint hardcore boxing fans i dont think will pay attention to the weight they will be like well they fought 3 years ago how come Pac couldnt do that before lol

Those that aren't hardcore fans? If (when) Pacquiao knocks him out early they'll be going bonkers about it, saying Floyd only beat him by decision but The Mighty Pac knocked him out.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 6 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Pac knows to end this early, and he will. He is a different monster now, and JMM does not hold the weight that well and his chin is definitely going to get cracked this time. It will be fun as long as it lasts though.

Agree 100%. Marquez will always fight him tooth and nail but this time Pac's gonna get the job done early - the way he almost did twice before.

+Quote Post
The Ollie Reed F...
post Oct 6 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 7,287

QUOTE (Method @ Oct 7 2011, 12:47 PM) *
PS - Is it me or does every pic used of Alex Ariza on the front page paint him as some sort of ratty scumbag. He's always got some sort of smarmy look on his face.

Snap! I've been thinking the same thing. It's like they've gone through the Alex Ariza photo archive and gone:

"hmm which photo can we find that shows him looking duplicitous and conniving." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Spyder
post Oct 6 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #16

The Prime Minista

Member No.: 3,850

QUOTE (Method @ Oct 6 2011, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 6 2011, 11:52 PM) *
Snap! I've been thinking the same thing. It's like they've gone through the Alex Ariza photo archive and gone:

"hmm which photo can we find that shows him looking duplicitous and conniving." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Whoa, whoa, whoa...easy guys...Ixnay on the Arizanay

+Quote Post
DubC
post Oct 6 2011, 11:59 PM
Post #17

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

He took Cottos best shots (first round Manny put his hands down and let Cotto hit him), and it didn't put him down...Clottey, Margs...Took some good shots from them too...Didn't faze Manny at all

Marquez can't punch near as hard as any of those guys, and although he is a great counter puncher- I don't even see a flash knockdown coming in this fight...Manny is a much better fighter now than he was then...We can talk about him having Freddy in the corner, the PED's, or just him growing as a fighter-but end of story, he is much better at this stage than he was in their first two fights...

I think Paq will blow Marquez out, first 2 or 3 rounds might be entertaining...I don't think this fight will be anything close to the first 2-but I HOPE it is...

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Oct 7 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #18

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Margarito had Pacquiao doubled over with a body shot in the 6th round, although he did recover well. I'm wondering if this fight will kind of look like Morales-Pacquiao 3. A fight that was kind of unnecessary, but will be entertaining til the end.

+Quote Post
DubC
post Oct 7 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #19

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Oct 6 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Margarito had Pacquiao doubled over with a body shot in the 6th round, although he did recover well. I'm wondering if this fight will kind of look like Morales-Pacquiao 3. A fight that was kind of unnecessary, but will be entertaining til the end.

Good point, forgot about that...Paq is vulnerable to the body, he can be hurt there...If JMM wants to pull it out, he needs to counter to the body and try to wear Manny out...Countering to that Melon won't do JMM any good..

I'm sure they have a good plan for the fight, I just hope its more competitive that I think it will be...

I think this is actually the best fight that TR has made for Paq in quite some time, although it is overdue by a few years...I just hope JMM holds the weight well, he should weigh in at most-140...We saw him against May at the higher weight (and although he would have lost regardless) he looked sluggish, and didn't even look in good shape...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drinks.gif)

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Oct 7 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #20

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Not trying to say that Marquez will faze Manny either because he won't. I think Marquez has the survival skills to last late into the fight, but the size differential will be too much. I really expect Pac to win a fairly wide decision. Marquez will have a couple moments, but he won't be able to keep Pac off of him. Marquez will land some really flush shots, but Pac will walk through them and simply outwork him as the fight goes on. Marquez will go into survival mode and probably last all 12 rounds. I wish this fight happened in late 2008 at 130 or 135. It would have been an epic third fight, but is what it is.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 03:27 PM