IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Has Been the Crappiest Fight in 2011?, On-going poll for the year...
The Crappiest Fight Thus Far...
Choose the worst bout (from officiating/endings/etc.)
Agbeko vs Mares [ 2 ] ** [6.45%]
Khan vs Judah [ 1 ] ** [3.23%]
Alexander vs Bradley [ 4 ] ** [12.90%]
Klitschko vs Haye [ 6 ] ** [19.35%]
Mayweather vs Ortiz [ 1 ] ** [3.23%]
Dawson vs Hopkins [ 17 ] ** [54.84%]
Total Votes: 31
Guests cannot vote 
Jack 1000
post Oct 18 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #11

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

My vote went to Dawson-Hopkins for multiple reasons.

1.) It had no business as a fucking PPV
2.) We knew it was gonna be ZZZZZZZ's in terms of action.
3.) Less than two full rounds of action plus a ridiculous ruling of a TKO, on a clear foul, despite the ref saying no foul, in what should have been a No Contest or a DQ win for Hopkins.

Runner-Up would be Klitschko-Haye, because of David doing all that talk and we got a bullshit waltz. One of the worst fights in boxing that failed to deliver what it promised.

As sickening as Russell Mora's officiating was in Mares-Agbeko, it was still an excellent fight tarnished by a biased referee who appeared to be bribed by someone at Golden Boy Promotions, so that Oscar's company would get his first world champion, by refusing to penalize Mares for anywhere from 30-90 low blows! This fight had some of the most low blows without a penalty in the whole history of the sport!

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Oct 18 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,386

Gotta go with Wlad-Haye. That was the most hyped up heavyweight fight since 2003 (Lewis-Vitali). IT was supposed to reinvigorate the heavyweight division, and make for an exciting fight. Haye did nothing in the fight, and then had the nerve to blame a toe injury for his non-performance. Haye showed his true colors in that fight, and all the talked backfired. That was easily the worse fight of the year.

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Oct 18 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #13

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Jack, at least Hopkins-Dawson had DeMarco-Linares on the undercard, which could be a candidate for FOTY. The card gave plenty of rounds of action, and had some compelling matchups. At least there was some controversey, which made for good conversation. You can't say it would have been a boring match based on two rounds of action. Who knows what happens in the last 10?

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 18 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #14

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 03:36 PM) *
Alexander/Bradley reminds of my first driving test... just started off bad Shaft. First I damn near hit someone and I forgot to drive with both hands on the wheel. It was doomed from the start like that fight. Alexander/Bradley was the worse.

Wow, it was that bad for you? I pretty much knew what to expect coming into the fight. I got pretty much what I expected. I'm not defending them or their fight by no accounts. I thought that Alexander's performace against Urango was over praised. It seemed as if Max Kellerman was working the public over in regards to Alexander. It almost sounded like he was co-promoting him. I also saw Bradley-Peterson. I wasn't impressed by Bradley's performace either. I thought that he showed 'ring generalship' (aka running) after Peterson tagged him. He wasn't doing to show finesse, he was doing it to pot shoot and avoid contact. I wasn't disappointed when I saw that fight because of Bradley's previous fight and Alexander's previous fight. He got his ass whooped by Kotelnik. Agbeko-Mares was a fight I was interested in seeing. Darchinyan cried foul and so did Agbeko. I got a chance to see the one with Agbeko. I didn't see the one with Darchinyan, so I was looking out for the fouls. He didn't disappoint.

+Quote Post
Guest_Fitz_*
post Oct 18 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #15

Guests

BigG, clear out your PM box, it's full.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Fitz @ Oct 18 2011, 05:53 PM) *
BigG, clear out your PM box, it's full.

Lmao!
+1

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 05:17 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 18 2011, 04:53 PM) *
khan-judah/hopkins-dawson is a tie for me.
atleast the klit fight went the distance. at least agbeko kept goin til the bell. same for alexander and bradley. the ortiz mayweather fight at least had 4 rds of pretty tense action with a fuckin stellar ending (my opinion, i know the sucker punch ending pissed alotta people off but i thought it was golden)

judah seized up and went deaf during the 10 count. and any fight that ends via tko in the 2nd rd when neither fighter landed one significant punch is a serious bummer - especially when it seemed like it was going to be a competitive fight.

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/1317945799475.jpg)

Man your freakin' analogies and descriptions are crazy! Lmao!

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 18 2011, 06:38 PM
Post #18

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I'm giving my vote to Hopkins-Dawson. It was on PPV & the ending was so controversial. Not even 2 complete rounds before some bs popped off. If I had to choose a runner up I'd vote for Klitschko-Haye. All that sh*t talking Haye did for years & he came out & put on that sh*tty performance. Instead of owning up to the fact that he lost, he blamed it on a toe injury. Pathetic.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 18 2011, 06:58 PM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 18 2011, 04:43 PM) *
Wow, it was that bad for you? I pretty much knew what to expect coming into the fight. I got pretty much what I expected. I'm not defending them or their fight by no accounts. I thought that Alexander's performace against Urango was over praised. It seemed as if Max Kellerman was working the public over in regards to Alexander. It almost sounded like he was co-promoting him. I also saw Bradley-Peterson. I wasn't impressed by Bradley's performace either. I thought that he showed 'ring generalship' (aka running) after Peterson tagged him. He wasn't doing to show finesse, he was doing it to pot shoot and avoid contact. I wasn't disappointed when I saw that fight because of Bradley's previous fight and Alexander's previous fight. He got his ass whooped by Kotelnik. Agbeko-Mares was a fight I was interested in seeing. Darchinyan cried foul and so did Agbeko. I got a chance to see the one with Agbeko. I didn't see the one with Darchinyan, so I was looking out for the fouls. He didn't disappoint.

The fight or my driver's test? The fight was just bad. My driver's test was a nightmare. The instructor gave me this death stare and said "Pull over, cut off the engine, and get out of the car." I cried for at least a good ten minutes. The fight I could not decide if I wanted t watch the rest of the Life Time movie that was on or the rest of the fight. I missed a damn good lifetime movie.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 18 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 18 2011, 07:58 PM) *
The fight or my driver's test? The fight was just bad. My driver's test was a nightmare. The instructor gave me this death stare and said "Pull over, cut off the engine, and get out of the car." I cried for at least a good ten minutes. The fight I could not decide if I wanted t watch the rest of the Life Time movie that was on or the rest of the fight. I missed a damn good lifetime movie.

Lifetime!? Aint that the "man-hating channel"? In my opinion, you did miss a damn good lifetime movie. Since you couldn't see a man get a good beating in a boxing match, you should've turned back to lifetime...they beat men up bad on that channel often...especially those "Man-Bashing" movie marathons on Sundays! Lmao!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 08:24 AM