IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Where is Clottey?, Somebody needs to shake up the WW division...
bosco
post Oct 19 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #11

Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,191

The answer to where's Clottey is...Who cares
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HazConvictedFelo...
post Oct 19 2011, 03:02 PM
Post #12

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,413

He's in the Bronx. At the coke spot.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 19 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 19 2011, 04:02 PM) *
He's in the Bronx. At the coke spot.

I wouldn't doubt it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (bosco @ Oct 19 2011, 04:02 PM) *
The answer to where's Clottey is...Who cares

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Go-Away-Thread.jpg)

+Quote Post
AlynK
post Oct 19 2011, 04:15 PM
Post #14

Amateur

Member No.: 13,178

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 19 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Well Shaft, the question is when he reemerges what kind of fighter is he going to be? Is he going to be a punching bag or is he going to actually box? Clottely has a good personality and I think his reach would give Khan/Sergio fits. But if he just stands there like a punching bag then he can stay in Uganda.

honestly the only fight i've seen of his is the cotto fight and the pacquiao fight so i can't make much of an opinion about him as a fighter overall. but i will say that fight was just horrible as he just stood there and did nothing. i'm still willing to see more of him though just to get a better idea of him as a fighter (or maybe i'll just go watch some of his older fights). i have heard some people say they consider him a gatekeeper now though...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Oct 19 2011, 04:24 PM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 19 2011, 03:02 PM) *
How many of his fights have you actually saw? Pleeeease dont mention that Pacquiao circus that most of us wasted our money on.

Well, the Judah fight vs. Clottey was interesting. Then there was he and Pacquiao. He really does not interest me Big Head, he really doesn't. I wasted my money on nothing. I have yet to pay for a Pac fight and I do not plan on doing do in the future.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Oct 19 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #16

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (AlynK @ Oct 19 2011, 04:15 PM) *
honestly the only fight i've seen of his is the cotto fight and the pacquiao fight so i can't make much of an opinion about him as a fighter overall. but i will say that fight was just horrible as he just stood there and did nothing. i'm still willing to see more of him though just to get a better idea of him as a fighter (or maybe i'll just go watch some of his older fights). i have heard some people say they consider him a gatekeeper now though...

Man its strange cause Clottey talked such a huge game before and really took it to Judah and Cotto. Then he fights Pacquiao and all of a sudden he's the dudes biggest fan and refuses to engage then after the loss, dissappears from boxing for over a year. Clottey can do some serious damage at the current 147 or even 154

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Oct 19 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #17

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 19 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Well Shaft, the question is when he reemerges what kind of fighter is he going to be? Is he going to be a punching bag or is he going to actually box? Clottely has a good personality and I think his reach would give Khan/Sergio fits. But if he just stands there like a punching bag then he can stay in Uganda.

He's from Ghana.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 19 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (AlynK @ Oct 19 2011, 05:15 PM) *

Well at least you've seen the Cotto fight...I cant even count the Pacquiao fight, it was a total game-blower. His fight with Judah was great, and had decent fights with Margarito and Baldomir. The Corrales fights were good too, though Chico's body didn't respond well to moving up in weight.
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Oct 19 2011, 05:24 PM) *
Well, the Judah fight vs. Clottey was interesting. Then there was he and Pacquiao. He really does not interest me Big Head, he really doesn't. I wasted my money on nothing. I have yet to pay for a Pac fight and I do not plan on doing do in the future.

Well you watched the right fight, if you watched all of the Judah fight. Who cares about that trashy Pacman fight...I still want my money back as well.

QUOTE (Seek @ Oct 19 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Man its strange cause Clottey talked such a huge game before and really took it to Judah and Cotto. Then he fights Pacquiao and all of a sudden he's the dudes biggest fan and refuses to engage then after the loss, dissappears from boxing for over a year. Clottey can do some serious damage at the current 147 or even 154

Tell me about it! I really wanted to see him fight P. Willy, but the shit never materialized. I dont even wanna talk about that Pacquiao fight, but other than that, he will still buss a few heads at WW (if he can still make weight).

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Oct 19 2011, 07:03 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

I've always wondered why Clottey just fell off the scene. He's always been a solid fighter and I think besides that fight he had with Manny, he's been pretty interesting in his career. I actually think he beat Cotto when they fought and I think he'd be a good matchup for some of the fighters at 147 and 154 because of his defensive technique

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Oct 19 2011, 07:08 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 19 2011, 02:57 PM) *
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/Clottey.jpg)

I dont know about you guys, but Joshua Clottey would've remained a force in the Welterweight division, but he's nowhere to be found nowadays. He could've been a credible test for guys like Khan, Bradley, and Alexander, who all plan to move up to WW...if they haven't already done so. He could've also been a good scrap for Berto and Ortiz as well...and I remember Ortiz fighting Clottey's brother earlier in his career.

I've been saying this about Clottey for a while now, and it could hold some truth at the present time. I can remember the problems he gave guys like Judah, Margarito, Baldomir, Cotto, and so forth. If all you can bring up is that fluke ass Pacquiao fight and write him off...then please make it your business to get the fuck outta this thread right now. Other than that, share your qualified thoughts...

I used to be a fan of Clottey's and the last I heard, he was chillin' in Ghana spending his ill gotten gains... (although I think that I read somewhere that he was on the comeback trail). While I agree that he'd be a decent test for the younger fighters, I don't think that he'd be able to beat Ortiz, Khan, or even Bradley. His last two fights painted a picture of a strong, but limited fighter. He had his moments, but after he played himself against both Cotto and Pacquaio, I lost all interest. He's an embarrasment to the warriors from Ghana like Azumah Nelson, Ike Quartey and Joseph Agbeko.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:36 PM