IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.25 Million Buys Official - Mayweather-Ortiz 2nd highest grossing non-heavyweight fight, Jeopardy anyone?
wolterb
post Oct 28 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #11

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Oct 28 2011, 10:46 AM) *
It's clear that the people who were on here talking about 850k are the people who's vision is jaded by hatred. It's cool, I understand. The logic of the situation is that Floyd has upwards of 1.3 twitter followers. You have to think that those people would have no problem ordering that PPV. He announced the fight to 1.3 million people on twitter. Take away 100,000 people who would be fight pooling, and you have the total tally right there. The haters just want Floyd's PPV's to tank. They want Floyd in jail. I know it makes them hate him even more when those things don't happen. LMAO @ haters. Were you expecting something different?

agreed - lots of puritan rhetoric and ideas mixed with some of the old american 1950s morales...i.e. "he is a loud mouth!" "his defensive style makes him a coward!"

i love hearing people making the claim that this or that is a stain on boxing, or is what is hurting boxing... this is a claim that has been made since boxing became a mainstream spectator sport. jack johnsons style was described as "lazy" and "cowardly".

listen to some of the interviews before the liston-clay II bout...white journalists and spectators talking about how ali's style was a detriment to boxing (or was it his "loudmouth"?). lol, best thing that can be said is that those people's grandchildren now are buying up ali merchandise, enjoy the historical aspect and relevance of ali, and use some of ali's most canonized statements in colloquial conversation

same probably will happen to mayweather, i imagine. and this is why -

mayweather is completely relevant to our era...he is a solid anti-hero. He has alot of the behaviors and characteristics of the main problems with the u.s. economy - excess wealth, lots of spending, too much hubris...except mayweather is unlike the bankers, ceo's, and politicians in that he did not INHERIT his wealth, he is black, and he associates with the black culture characteristic of impoverished urban areas

and just to keep relevant with the jeopardy theme:
what is - historical perspective of floyd mayweather jr

This post has been edited by wolterb: Oct 28 2011, 10:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thehype
post Oct 28 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #12

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 28 2011, 11:20 AM) *
and just to keep relevant with the jeopardy theme:
what is - historical perspective of floyd mayweather jr

LOL. Good one. And good points.

+Quote Post
ks1
post Oct 28 2011, 10:48 AM
Post #13

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,051

So where's that clown (deval?) who's been running his mouth since the fight was over about the numbers?

<Crickets>

+Quote Post
KookedKrack
post Oct 28 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #14

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 5,468

(IMG:http://kimoracochran.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/mayweather_money1.jpg)

All jokes aside that number is insane when you take into account Ortiz has never been on a ppv before.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 28 2011, 11:00 AM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (thehype @ Oct 28 2011, 11:16 AM) *
We'll never know because the fight will never happen, but if I had to guess, I'd say about the same or maybe 2.75 million. I'm just not convinced that the fight is that much more of a bigger or more anticipated event than Mayweather-De La Hoya. Don't get me wrong, I know everyone wants to see the fight...but hey, everyone wanted to see Mayweather-De La Hoya too.

Im starting to think it wont either, but appreciating the other fights in the sport, keeps the ship sailing.

QUOTE (ks1 @ Oct 28 2011, 11:48 AM) *
So where's that clown (deval?) who's been running his mouth since the fight was over about the numbers?

<Crickets>

Ha! He's probably somewhere playing "pocket pool" while watching from afar as little kids play in the park...the name Deevel gives me the idea that he's "registered" somewhere, if you get my drift. Hell, he may be on suicide watch somewhere after these numbers surfaced. Who knows (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Oct 28 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I don't really care about the numbers, but what happened to all the people talking about how bad the numbers were or something like that?

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Oct 28 2011, 12:12 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^ truth happened lol.
and in typical fashion people will be less interested in the actual numbers than the presumed figures because the actual numbers do not fit with their perception of how things "should" be lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 28 2011, 12:32 PM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (wolterb @ Oct 28 2011, 01:12 PM) *
^ truth happened lol.
and in typical fashion people will be less interested in the actual numbers than the presumed figures because the actual numbers do not fit with their perception of how things "should" be lol

+1

+Quote Post
zucrates
post Oct 28 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #19

Junior Flyweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12,693

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Oct 28 2011, 10:20 AM) *
Never doubted it for a second. The 1.25 MM to 1.3 MM figures were absolutely logical. What's staggering is the total revenue it generated. Big ups to all the people involved for pulling off a great promotion.

Hell yeah I agree that's why you can't believe the media when it is about Floyd because it's so many targets on his head. I Wonder why people just don't get off his nuts. "Can't Knock My Hustle" JayZ's Voice Keep making that paper Floyd but Fight Pac Win and get out the game b4 they set you up go out great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

+Quote Post
MontoyaWA
post Oct 28 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #20

Amateur

Member No.: 12,414

Doesn't matter what the numbers are, but I can honestly tell you that Mayweather will never get a PPV dollar from me again. I purchased that fight, and I feel like a complete sucker. Even if him and Manny get it on, I still won't purchase that bullshyt, overdue fight...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 05:39 PM