IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Angulo vs. Kirkland-Preview and Poll, This Will Be Explosive!
Angulo vs. Kirkland
Who Wins?
Angulo by TKO/KO [ 9 ] ** [64.29%]
Kirkland by TKO/KO [ 5 ] ** [35.71%]
Angulo by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Kirkland by Dec (Close) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Angulo by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Kirkland by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
The Original MrF...
post Oct 31 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #11

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,309

Both of these guys have shown some major vulnerabilities. Both guys will stand and trade. Both guys aint afraid of getting hit. I think that the first dude to land something big wins... If it comes to a grind em down fight, then I think the intangibles favor Angulo. This is anybody's fight though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Oct 31 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 31 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Both of these guys have shown some major vulnerabilities. Both guys will stand and trade. Both guys aint afraid of getting hit. I think that the first dude to land something big wins... If it comes to a grind em down fight, then I think the intangibles favor Angulo. This is anybody's fight though.

+1
(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/PWhitakerupdated.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Oct 31 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

I love the fact we finally have a pick'em fight!

One thing is for damn sure,.. this fight is going to end in a knockout..

Big ups to Kirkland for making the trip down since Angulo cant get his shit together

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 1 2011, 05:23 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

^^ didn't even think of that gutsy move. And I completely forgot quillin was on the card, good night of boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 3 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Sig bet anyone? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Nov 3 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #16

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Sig bet anyone? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

I just watched the Angulo vs Julio and Kirkland vs Julio. I think this is Kirklands fight to lose. Angulo isn't that good and and he leans straight back. Kirkland has alot of holes in his D but I really believe his mauling style will be bad news for Angulo. Alfredo's feet are slow and his punches aren't straight enough imo. It's a hard fight to pick but I'm going with Kirkland.

Sig me up shelly

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 3 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 3 2011, 04:18 PM) *
I just watched the Angulo vs Julio and Kirkland vs Julio. I think this is Kirklands fight to lose. Angulo isn't that good and and he leans straight back. Kirkland has alot of holes in his D but I really believe his mauling style will be bad news for Angulo. Alfredo's feet are slow and his punches aren't straight enough imo. It's a hard fight to pick but I'm going with Kirkland.

Sig me up shelly

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Both of these guys have somewhat of a sloppy style, but Angulo's is a bit more consistent...so I give it to Angulo. Im comparing both of their performances against Joel Julio, and Angulo looked better, though Kirkland got him outta there earlier. Julio gave both of them all he had left, and Kirkland didn't look that great...he was rocked serveral times for coming in head first and failing to keep his hand up throughout the fight, though he didn't look hurt. Angulo on the other hand, worked behind his decent jab and utilized his defense by keeping his hands up and not taking unnecessary punches.

I believe that Angulo made better adjustments after his loss, because he got outboxed and outgunned, which Im sure has helped him tighten his technique after watching the tape. Kirkland on the other hand, was exposed BIG TIME for of course coming in head first and failing to utilize his defense (or lack there of), then he got knocked out by a feather-fisted fighter, who really wasn't supposed to win...especially by TKO. So yes, Kirkland is that much more vulnerable because of the knockout to a guy with no power, and he has to prove that his technique is up to par.

If Angulo can avoid or take some of Kirkland's shots, then he has the ability to go the distance, but I have him winning it by TKO under 7 rounds.

(IMG:http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z393/tuala94/GIFs/secret-handshake_o_GIFSoupcom.gif)

You got yourself a bet sir! Sigh...what have I got myself into? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
EAlbian
post Nov 3 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #18

Team BU''s Little Play Thing...LOL

Member No.: 7,451

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 03:49 PM) *

I gotta disagree, Kirkland was much more impressive in the Julio fight except for the final right hand. He kept the pressure on and never allowed Julio into the fight. Angulo lost 3 of the first 4 rounds to Julio and was being out quicked by a relatively slow fighter. Kirkland is sloppy but his pressure is very effective and he's able to box going backwards as well as i believe he's the better athlete. If you followed James as an Amateur he was actually a pretty good boxer. Angulo cant fight going backwards and leans back behind his high guard when pressure is applied, not good against a good body puncher like Kirkland. Angulo also has the tendency to throw very wide when he's getting touched, Kirkland is a whirlwind and i think its actually what he prefers to be in that type of fight. I can come up with a million scenarios where either fighter wins but somethings telling me Angulo is on the wrong side of this fight. Maybe it's just because i hate his stupid face and boys town dog collar. Idk if this is going to be the fight people are expecting and i think we may see some boxing from the mandingo warrior haha

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 04:57 AM