> The Numbers Don't Lie, Examining Pacquiao's Meteoric Rise
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 11 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #71

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 11 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Based on what I've seen from Pacquiao I feel he is overrated. Sure he has blown through people since 08 when he last fought Marquez...but there is always some kind of edge...catchweights...hand picking opponents who Roach believes are on the slide....and avoiding slick-type defensive fighters.

I hear all this talk from the Pacquiao camp about his improved right hand..lol...where is it?? If anyone paid attention to the Mosley fight and got over the fact that Mosley laid an egg they saw something interesting. Mosley kept his right hand glued to the side of his head...circled to Mannys right...and threw the jab. Which in turn cut Manny punch output in half....Mosley wasnt worried about the right hand all night long. Now that Marquez has gotten older and Roach believes he is on the slide NOW they take the 3rd fight at 2 weight classes above Marquezs weight at that lol.

Enter the Sergio Martinez possibility and Arum again wont make the fight unless Pacquiao has the advantage of a same day weigh in lol...So after this Marquez joke of a fight Arum will probably feed Bradley to Pacquiao instead of making the fight with Floyd....Does anyone truly believe that THIS is the guy who can beat Mayweather?? lol I just dont see it unless he learns how to throw a real jab, use his right hand, learn how to be physical and fight on the inside, and brings all of Manilla with him lol.

As a fan I like Pacquiao...im just sick of the hype and bullshit by the media and Bob Arum that has made him out to be a beast all of a sudden. He's good...but not that good.

Manny reminds me of Irish Terry Coughlin from the Great White Hype movie. He was suppose to beat James the Ripper Ropper but when they fought it was a one round stoppage. People love Terry Coughlin because he wanted to get rid of homelessness and the exploitation of women. In turn he was actually a womanizer. That was a great movie. Pac is a okay fighter, it is how he fights that makes people go wow... I think against any good defensive opponent he would have issues

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 11 2011, 03:34 PM) *
I believe the only two fights that he had great success with right hand in, was the Diaz and Hatton fight. With that being said, you have to look at who he was fighting, and the prognosis is out there. You could hit those guys with anything, whenever. The only other times his right hand was decent, was of course while he was in the middle of a combination or on his way to getting his opponents outta there.

Mosley did make it hard to for Pac to get off, not only because he was staying out of the way. I like Manny as a fighter, and yes, his team has done their part in basically killing his opponents before they even sign on the dotted line, but those opponents had a big payday staring them in the face, so that was that. Im glad Sergio's team basically told Arum to go fuck off, since he (Arum) was proposing a death sentence for Martinez (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You are still coherent enough to type this? Shouldn't you be finishing a bottle of Seagrams 7 Gin? It is Friday, I am impressed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Nov 11 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #72

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 11 2011, 03:33 PM) *
Manny reminds me of Irish Terry Coughlin from the Great White Hype movie. He was suppose to beat James the Ripper Ropper but when they fought it was a one round stoppage. People love Terry Coughlin because he wanted to get rid of homelessness and the exploitation of women. In turn he was actually a womanizer. That was a great movie. Pac is a okay fighter, it is how he fights that makes people go wow... I think against any good defensive opponent he would have issues

Lol...I wouldnt go as far as comparing Manny to a character from a movie who was completly outta the sport and built off ALL hype. I think he is a good fighter and a very likable person...I just dont think he would do well against Floyd...or any other slick type fighter for that matter.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 11 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #73

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 11 2011, 04:33 PM) *
You are still coherent enough to type this? Shouldn't you be finishing a bottle of Seagrams 7 Gin? It is Friday, I am impressed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Fuck off! Dont judge me...I haven't got started yet. No Gin tonight though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 12 2011, 07:56 AM
Post #74

Lightweight

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 11 2011, 05:08 PM) *
Lol...I wouldnt go as far as comparing Manny to a character from a movie who was completly outta the sport and built off ALL hype. I think he is a good fighter and a very likable person...I just dont think he would do well against Floyd...or any other slick type fighter for that matter.

Irish Terry Conklin (not Coughlin my miss), was a nice guy. He wanted to eradicate homelessness. People loved him. I have no issue with Pac, I just think people overly hype him. Before Pac there was no boxing or exciting guys in the ring.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 11 2011, 06:17 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Fuck off! Dont judge me...I haven't got started yet. No Gin tonight though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

In another one of your drunken rages are we? lol

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Nov 12 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #75

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 12 2011, 06:56 AM) *
Irish Terry Conklin (not Coughlin my miss), was a nice guy. He wanted to eradicate homelessness. People loved him. I have no issue with Pac, I just think people overly hype him. Before Pac there was no boxing or exciting guys in the ring.

BUT...that was a movie lol...I dont get the comparison...hes not a real person. Also there were alot of exciting and good fights waaaaaaay before Pacman....and there will be way after Pacman. You havent been a Boxing fan for very long have you?

+Quote Post
Snoop
post Nov 12 2011, 10:43 AM
Post #76

Heavyweight

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 12 2011, 04:02 PM) *
BUT...that was a movie lol...I dont get the comparison...hes not a real person. Also there were alot of exciting and good fights waaaaaaay before Pacman....and there will be way after Pacman. You havent been a Boxing fan for very long have you?

Exactly. Pacquiao has fought and beaten plenty of legitimate contenders and champions in the lower weight classes. Lately, I think his opposition has been a bit soft, but he's a legitimately good fighter.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 12 2011, 01:49 PM
Post #77

Lightweight

QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 12 2011, 10:02 AM) *

I get Pac is a real person. The comparison is that Pac get's a lot of love because of the hype that is build around him. I never said he was not a good fighter, he is not the great fighter that the media portrays. Okay, he is like the Tim Tebow of the sports world. The media hyped this kid up so much that you swear it was the second coming of Archie freaking Manny. Real NFL analyst said that this kid has 0 chance of being an NFL QB. And you know what... they were right! You saw what happen against the Lions? The guy has heart but he is not a NFL QB. The same thing with Pac and fighting real fighters. Catchweights, draining fighters, old fighters etc. Any real boxing analyst knows that Mayweather would kill him. Hell I think Mike Jones would take his ass to task. My point is that, Pac is more a media sensation then anything. Arum has hyped him up to the furthers depths of outer space. And I said that there were way more exciting before Pac, people make it seem like boxing was a egg before Pac. Heck that Kirkland and EL Perro fight was darn exciting. But you don't see the media going Kirkland crazy. Propaganda is a plus when you can afford it. I have been a boxing fan for awhile. I am not a savant, I can't tell you who Ali's first armature fight was against and no I can not tell you Tommy Hearns beast punch, but that does not make me a lesser fan...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 12 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #78

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 12 2011, 07:56 AM) *
In another one of your drunken rages are we? lol

Nah, that would be later on this evening during the fight. Stop being a cheap ass and order it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) JMM should be able to put up a fight tonight, and ignore the fact that Pac is bigger than him...which he always has been.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 12 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #79

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 01:54 PM) *
Nah, that would be later on this evening during the fight. Stop being a cheap ass and order it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) JMM should be able to put up a fight tonight, and ignore the fact that Pac is bigger than him...which he always has been.

I'm hardly cheap, that 1942 Tequila in the cabinet is proof. I refuse to pay for an outcome that I already know is going to happen. Plus Stanford and Oregon are playing, that will be an EVEN fight! Not only that, but I would rather hear or read your drunken post after this bullshit fight is over and down with. You better buy your girlfriend something real nice for Christmas if you are going to WASTE 65 bucks on this "fight."

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:30 PM