IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III@9PM(EST)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later, All Comments Here (Topics Merged.)
pimpfighterROQ
post Nov 17 2011, 12:09 PM
Post #331

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,368

I know this fight will be in discussions for a looonng time. But I've been itching to post what I thought about the Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 bout.

First of all kudos to Marquez and Beristein for calibrating their strategy to beat Pacquiao (yes Marquez won in my eyes and many others). One thing I noticed during the 24-7 series is that Beristein was watching the 1st fight between Pac and Marquez. I was like "why is he watching this? Pac evolved to a much better fighter that even he himself said so, that it would even be an advantage for them". But looking at Pacquiao's road to being the best fighter in the world and his performance last saturday. I would have to say they are spot on figuring out what made him so great.

Post the Diaz fight, Pac fought all these "bigger" opponents. Pacquiao ever since the De la hoya fight has learned to fight backing up and letting himself get bullied by the bigger guys. He has learned to let them throw their punches then come back with his speed and power. Unlike in his featherweight days where he just punched like a madman. Think about it...all his fights from De la hoya to Margarito. Pacquiao was fighting backing up and have done a great job doing it...thus this is what experts call the change in Pacquiao as a fighter.

Only in the Clottey and Mosley fight where Pac was forced to move forward again like his old days. Thus resulting in very sub par performances. This is what Marquez camp figured out and trained to be a constant counter puncher. Every time Marquez gets knocked down by Pacquiao, its because Marquez was firing back at Pac, getting caught in exchanges.

I commend Marquez for getting his ass trained to be bulkier and gaining speed to pull this off. And also knowing Pacquiao's number. He stayed patient, even though during some of the times, you can see in his face that he wants to fire back at Pacquiao. But he kept his control and just backed up and counter punched. Beristein would remind him always to stay in control. Kudos to them. (Anybody figure out another fighter who maintains perfect control and composure?).

This is why Pacquiao was so befuddled and confused. He was so used to bigger guys fighting him that he didn't improve his forward fighting style. Mosley exposed this. Even Freddy Roach said that they weren't expecting Marquez to fight backing up. But THEY shoudve had a gameplan for this. I thought Roach would know better. Hence why Beristein watched tapes of Pacquiao fighting forward like their old bouts.

Marquez deserved to win this fight. He trained so hard. The way he threw his body shots were loud and powerful. Pacquiao was just dumbfounded. Also I also noticed that Pacquiao was not the same the way to the fight. My friend pointed this out. But he wasn't smiling on the way to the fight, not like before. Philippine coverage of the fight figured this out. They said that Pacquiao just seems pissed off and very angry towards Marquez. It was very unusual. Maybe cuz Marquez pissed him off with his t-shirts LMAO.

Anyways, I commend Marquez and Beristein for exposing Pacquiao's flaws. Pacquiao has a workload of training to do to improve this. NO WAY he wins against Mayweather. Mayweather is the best fucking fighter in our era. Watching Mosley and Ortiz fight, I thought if Mayweather fights forward, that would be in favor of Pacquiao. But we all know he won't after this fight. Counter punch all the way blasting Pacquiao forever from being the p4p fighter in the world.

But I think Pacquiao needed this boxing lesson. To put him back on earth. He was just being so glorified for all his accomplishments that I think it got to his head that I can be a fucking congressman, lousy singer and still beat the shit out of you. They needed this, I hope this fight makes him what he needs to do.

I hope he gives Mayweather at least a few rounds of trouble and not an overall shut out haha. Just my opinion.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 18 2011, 12:32 AM
Post #332

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Ha! Im laughing at jolly Jim Lampley was when he went over Pacquiao's fights since the rematch with Marquez. He said, "He went to 154 lbs and beat Joshua Clottey". Really? In what lifetime? Last time I checked, that was a WW fight. Either Lampley was too excited, or...well, screw it, he was waving the pom-poms all night. No way I can even call it an accident, and theres no reason for me to even get pissed at him for his "man-crush misshaps".

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2011, 02:02 AM
Post #333

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

...and still, nobody likes the drunk ass, slowed-down, behind the beat, karaoke version of Eye of the Tiger by Jimi Jamison??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) Im through with yall man!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif) Screw yall man! Lol!

+Quote Post
DubC
post Nov 19 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #334

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,473

Can't embed..........

But

This post has been edited by thehype: Nov 19 2011, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 19 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #335

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 19 2011, 07:29 PM) *

NO WAY that guy is still alive after the Pinoys & Pinays see this!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #336

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Damn he put it out there! He may need some extra security after this though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Nah really though, it is what it is. Did the end of the video freak anybody else out, other than me? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Nov 19 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #337

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

So I just watched the replay on HBO, and I'm changing my stance.

Paying close attention to Round 6 onwards, I gave Marquez rounds 6,7,8,10,11 and 12, with Round 9 going to Manny.

Fuck Compubox, just watch the damned fight. This was a travesty.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 19 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #338

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I give up on this fight...only Pactards will look at it in Manny's favor. Pactards aren't just limited to blind fans, and posters...HBO has been infected by the airborne disease called Pacnesia!

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Nov 20 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #339

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

A ONE POINT win for Marquez 115-114. With FIVE close rounds that could have gone either way. 6-5-1. Marquez.

My Card as follows:

1. P
2. M
3. E
4. M
5. M
6. M
7. P
8. M
9. M
10. P
11. P
12. P.

Close swing rounds were for me: 1,3, 7, 10, and 11, which may explain the divergence in the scoring.

Can't see how all three judges gave round 6 to Pacquiao
Also found it surprising that Marquez took round 7, so we flip-flopped there.

Jack

+Quote Post
wmorre
post Nov 20 2011, 07:55 AM
Post #340

Amateur

Member No.: 10,914

See for yourself all cry babies including you manuel the cheater marquez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P93X5D2O-E

here another link for a clearer view without wearing a hat it seems marquez look like a chinese not mexican ....................lols

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd6HPUssTgo...feature=related

This post has been edited by wmorre: Nov 20 2011, 08:04 AM

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 08:24 AM