IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Khan vs Peterson...Perception is Starting to Change (NO SPOILERS!), Is anybody else overlooking Peterson? (Preview/Poll Added!)
Khan vs. Peterson: Preview and Poll
Who Wins?
Khan by Dec (Close) [ 4 ] ** [57.14%]
Khan by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Khan by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Peterson by Dec (Close) [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Peterson by Dec (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Peterson by KO/TKO [ 1 ] ** [14.29%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 15 2011, 06:56 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 14 2011, 11:52 PM) *
That question was aimed at how little GBP thinks of Peterson's chances. If they thought he really and truly could beat Khan, there is NO WAY they fight in D.C. NONE.

But the title imply's is Peterson being overlooked?....

The answer is yes, he absolutely is.

That and your question go hand in hand..

GB looks at legit contender,.. but NOT on the same level as Khan

So they give Peterson home court advantage BECAUSE he is being overlooked...

See what I mean?...

I was just trying to fill in the cracks by giving other legit reasons why the fight is being held in D.C
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 15 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 15 2011, 06:56 AM) *
But the title imply's is Peterson being overlooked?....

The answer is yes, he absolutely is.

That and your question go hand in hand..

GB looks at legit contender,.. but NOT on the same level as Khan

So they give Peterson home court advantage BECAUSE he is being overlooked...

See what I mean?...

I was just trying to fill in the cracks by giving other legit reasons why the fight is being held in D.C

Thats a great point. They can play the "back yard card" if Peterson happens to put up a fight and gets screwed out of a decision. It will go something along the lines of, "he fought his hardest in his back yard" blah, blah, blah.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 5 2011, 01:21 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

GBP knows what they're doing with this kid...let's prepare ourselves for another Golden Boy gift to Khan. I give Peterson a chance though...a small chance.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 5 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Lamont is always up and down. But I still haven't bought into Khan, it seems like he wants no part of Prescott (probably less now after that great performance he had even though he lost) mcklowskey made him look bad just by moving his head and stepping in and he looked average at best against zab. If he gets past Peterson, the way ill gain some respect for him is if he fights the winner of berto ortiz like he said he would. But other than that Khans just been all talk

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 7 2011, 03:35 PM
Post #15

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I voted for Peterson by close decision!

Give me Peterson by SD!

I think that Khan is a very good fighter, but not great. I still think Maidana beat him and Peterson will keep coming all night, Khan is vulnerable and Peterson has the hometown advantage. I am going for the upset here!

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 7 2011, 04:07 PM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I gave it Khan, by decision. I reeeeeally want to lean towards Peterson for the upset, but in the same breath, Im curious as to know how he will put up with Khan sticking, moving, and circling him all night.

Peterson's a great fighter, but Im just hoping that he doesn't just stand there and cover up while Khan has field day throwing pitty-pat punches (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Dec 7 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #17

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Very good fight here. I will be in tag along on watching this fight. Peterson is very capable for an upset. He took Ortiz's best punches and came back. His lone loss is to Bradley who isn't a push over himself either but he will get ruined by fucking with Arum(bye bye Bradley). Khan is impressing me, he dropped Maidana and survived that 10th round barrage (with a little help by the fuck up Ref known as Joe Cortez probably GB protecting him btw) still defeated him barely, but anyways he defeated an invigorated and more focused Judah and has talked himself into a Mayweather fight. He should win the most improved fighter award, and Lamont just took Cayo to the cleaners in a good fight.

Khan has the advantages to beat Peterson but all Peterson has to do is stay mobile, move his head alot, keep his guard up, pick off Khan's 1,2 jab and hook while countering with right hooks upstair and tag Khan to the body when Khan tries to step out as Khan leaves his body vulnerable when he does that. Peterson has a good coach in Barry Hunter.

For Khan to win he has to use his reach and height advantage plus his quickness which I believe he also has that advantage in. If Khan wins impressively against Peterson I will be almost sold on him..keyword...almost. Good fight nonetheless.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 8 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #18

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Well, yeah Peterson took Ortiz's best punch, but Ortiz didn't stay on him. This gave Peterson room to slip, duck, and survive, until he got his bearings back. I want Lamont to move in this Khan fight, just as he move in the Ortiz not fight, NOT the way he moved in the Cayo fight. Lamont has a slight reach advantage (72) over Khan (71), so let's see if he uses it.

As far as Khan goes, well, Khan is gonna be Khan, until further notice. Its hard to say that this guy's "style" is a problem for fighters, I look at it more as a routine, for some odd reason. It's repetitive, to say the least. He was supposed to have Maidana outta there, but Miadana took all of his punches...so that either says that he has a chin like a mack truck, or Khan doesn't have much power.

Maidana was super flat-footed in that fight (more than usual), slow as all get-out, and dog-tired. I dont know if it was his worn down elf-lookin' shoes that him him look that flat-footed, or he just really looks that bad. Now how does a guy control the pace of a fight and win the majority of the rounds, but almost get stretched by a guy who's obviously dead on his feet? I have no answer for that.

At this point, Im just ready for this fight to come and be over with, already. Regardless of the outcome, much can be measured from this fight. If Lamont pulls off the victory, then much power to him...he would be the first in a long time to ruin Khan's plans in his Hello Kitty planner. If Khan wins, then this will be his first convincing victory in a while, over someone with some type of skill. The rest remains to be seen...

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 8 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #19

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

If Khan sticks to his game plan and not get caught up in the atmosphere he will do fine. If he can hang in for the first few rounds and make Khan fight then I think he can pull it off. As the fight goes on he should gain confidence. The longer this fight goes I think Khan will try for a knock out since he has been saying that is what he wants. If Khan can not get what he wants in the fight I think we will see Khan get erratic which will open him for a beating. I like Peterson because Khan has yet to prove himself. Just because you beat a shot Jab does not give you a right to bang your chest and say you are somehow the man to beat. Peterson seems like he is trying to prove something and this fight will get him into the Mayweather sweepstakes

+Quote Post
streetlion1
post Dec 9 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #20

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 6,534

Im gonna pick Peterson to get a lucky knockout...simply because I dont like Khan...that is all lol.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 07:07 PM