IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> T.L.O.W.O. (The Land Of Wasted Opportunities), Who blew it in boxing...
Game-Blowers...
Name the fighter and explain. Add your own as well.
Zab Judah [ 5 ] ** [23.81%]
Joshua Clottey [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
Kelly Pavlik [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
Alphonso Gomez [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Michael Katsidis [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Edwin Valero (R.I.P.) [ 8 ] ** [38.10%]
Kermit Cintron [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Chris Arreola [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
David Haye [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Paul Spadafora [ 1 ] ** [4.76%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Nov 16 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I chose 3 of these guys, but officially picked Michael Katsidis. Dude is exciting to watch, but he always comes up short in his biggest fights. He is slowly but surely becoming "an opponent" rather than a boxing star.

Michael Katsidis: 1126 Sacrificial Boxing Lamb Blvd, Austrailian Pinata, TLOWO

My second choice was Zab Judah, smh. Though he was undisputed at one point, he never truly recovered (mentally) from the Kostya Tszyu KO. He came up short against guys like Spinks (once), FMJ, Clottey, Cotto, Khan, BALDOMIR, and almost got stopped by Matthysse.

Zab Judah: 0723 Mental Midget Ct., Brooklyn Letdown, TLOWO

My last choice is Kermit Cintron, smh. Boy, boy, boy, has he made himself such an easy choice, and with great reason. This guy has had opportunity on top of opportunity to shine in big fights, and thats AFTER he his previous bout. I mean damn, he fought Martinez a while back, then lost to Margarito twice, did a stunt against P. Willy, lost to Molina after he had us thinking he was gonna take it away, then he lost to a nobody on FNF a month or two afterwards.

He only scored that upset against Angulo. Sad thing is, he getting yet ANOTHER big opportunity next weekend against Alvarez. I will be sure to revisit this thread to confirm his induction into TLOWO.

Kermit Cintron: Frequent Game-blower blvd, obliviously blows opportunities, TLOWO
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Nov 16 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 16 2011, 08:13 PM) *
Ha! Funny addresses. My nominees are:

Samuel Peter: 890 No Ring Intelligence Rd., Too Stubborn To Learn, TLOWO

Edison Miranda: 891 Too Much Bravado St., Also Too Stubborn To Learn, TLOWO

Lmao....

Peter and Miranda living across from one another....lls..

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Nov 17 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #13

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Audley "Olympic Gold medalist - I almost ruined UK boxing" Harrison

This dude brought back a lot of buzz to the game when he got his medal. Got a 1mil deal from the BBC then proceeded to fight a ton of cab drivers and STILL look terrible and boring. Then after the fight tell us he was still working on things, even though he was older than most in the division outside of Vitalli?! He single handedly got boxing removed from UK TV (again!) till Khan came along...

The TV deal and hype he had, THAT was a wasted opportunity in my eyes. Dude epitomised "big for nothing"...

Leave you guys to make an address if he gets into TLOWO

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Nov 17 2011, 11:17 AM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 17 2011, 11:21 AM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Nov 17 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Audley "Olympic Gold medalist - I almost ruined UK boxing" Harrison

This dude brought back a lot of buzz to the game when he got his medal. Got a 1mil deal from the BBC then proceeded to fight a ton of cab drivers and STILL look terrible and boring. Then after the fight tell us he was still working on things, even though he was older than most in the division outside of Vitalli?! He single handedly got boxing removed from UK TV (again!) till Khan came along...

The TV deal and hype he had, THAT was a wasted opportunity in my eyes. Dude epitomised "big for nothing"...

Leave you guys to make an address if he gets into TLOWO

I think that he definitely gets into TLOWO. Physically has all the attributes (all he had to do was copy Lennox Lewis' style, not even try to develop his own and he would've been much less of an embarassment), but I guess as the saying goes, all brawn, no brain...

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Nov 17 2011, 11:22 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 17 2011, 08:42 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man I gotta add Breidis Prescott on here! Dude totally blew it last Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) He was beating the hell outta Alvarado for the first few rounds, then he gassed the fuck out! He had the lead, and does he do? He decides to make it a phone booth fight, and got the worst of it.

Alvarado had Prescott's head snapping back like a pez dispenser and Im pretty sure didn't remember is last name after he ate a couple of those hellacious uppercuts. I give Prescott a few more good fights to blow before he officially land in TLOWO. He can stop riding off of that Khan KO victory of his...

Breidis Prescott:
1112 Uppercut Magnet Ave, Gas-out King, TLOWO.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Nov 17 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 08:42 PM) *
Man I gotta add Breidis Prescott on here! Dude totally blew it last Saturday (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) He was beating the hell outta Alvarado for the first few rounds, then he gassed the fuck out! He had the lead, and does he do? He decides to make it a phone booth fight, and got the worst of it.

Alvarado had Prescott's head snapping back like a pez dispenser and Im pretty sure didn't remember is last name after he ate a couple of those hellacious uppercuts. I give Prescott a few more good fights to blow before he officially land in TLOWO. He can stop riding off of that Khan KO victory of his...

Breidis Prescott:

Yeah definitely, for that fight, definitely.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Nov 18 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #17

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,226

Oh yeah, did anyone mention Enzo "I fight like I hate myself" Maccarinelli?

This guy was on sum dirty KO streak and riding the welsh coat-tails of Calzaghe hard... Got to the point where him and his padded undefeated record was on TV doing pseudo-scientific demos about how his punch has the impact of a transit van and shit... (seriously, I saw that).

He calls out Haye, who was tryna leave the cruiserweight div and bait Wlad out at HW. After much media bluster from Enzo and his people, the fight gets made... Dude get KO'd in the most comical way ever, stanky leg dance and all-sorts. He's been getting slumped off ever since, and KEEPS going.. BTW, he's fighting tonight, here we go again...

This post has been edited by Slumpage: Nov 18 2011, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Nov 18 2011, 03:58 PM
Post #18

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

The name that sticks out to me the most is Super Judah. Ive still never really seen anyone with the type of footwork he posses. His speed alone should be enough for him to dominate almost anyone he fought. But Zab really has always been his worse enemy.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 21 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Soooo...are we giving Cintron at least a puncher's chance this weekend, or have some of you already starting planning his induction ceremony into TLOWO? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
EpTXCHAMP
post Nov 21 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #20

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 6,987

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 08:42 PM) *

Breidis Prescott:

not to mention he was up against mCcloskey after he broke Mccloskey nose to shits...But like mentioned he stopped using his reach and jab! and as usual after the fifth he gased out!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 02:18 PM