Reply to this topicStart new topic
> UFC 139, News, Results, etc...
Warlord
post Nov 19 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #21

Junior Middleweight

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 10,313

Maybe one of the most brutal rounds I've ever seen. Dan HURT Shogun again, bad, and nearly had him finished. God knows how Shogun survived it. Shogun started to rally at the end. but Dan will still take the round for the damage he did early. Brutal fight. Brutal.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 19 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #22

Junior Middleweight

MY GOD. Dan is exhausted and Shogun had him hurt. WE may have a tied fight going into the 5th. What a fucking fight.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 19 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #23

Junior Middleweight

Shogun is an absolute bloody mess but he dominated the 5th and may have pulled out the fight. Bloody, brutal, and one of the greatest bouts I've ever seen.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 19 2011, 11:42 PM
Post #24

Junior Middleweight

Dan took it 48-47 on all 3 cards. Not sure I agree fully, but you can't complain. Dan had Shogun hurt badly several times early in the fight. Wow.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 19 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #25

Junior Middleweight

I feel so bad for Shogun; God only knows how many years of his life he gave in that fight. Both guys are true champions and class acts though, and neither guy is a loser tonight.

I tell you, as great as this fight was tonight, I don't want to see a rematch. The kind of abuse going on tonight was just super crazy. Two warriors just going at it. The brutality of humanity at its most violently poetic.

+Quote Post
kidbazooka1
post Nov 20 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #26

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,319

War i was at this one live and IMO and most in attendance it looked like Shgoun was robbed but the fight was close so can't really argue but i would have given it to Shogun aswell.

How bout Wand man he looked like Wand from the Pride days in that 2nd rd glad he got the win but i hope he goes out with this win so he can be rembered that way.

+Quote Post
Warlord
post Nov 20 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #27

Junior Middleweight

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Nov 20 2011, 03:28 AM) *
War i was at this one live and IMO and most in attendance it looked like Shgoun was robbed but the fight was close so can't really argue but i would have given it to Shogun aswell.

I personally thought Rua did enough to pull it out, but I'm a Shogun nut-hugger so I guess maybe that feeling only goes so far.

I certainly don't think it was a robbery though. Dan beat him up bad and hurt him early on, and that certainly had to go a long way in the judge's minds. Even a draw would've been acceptable.

In all reality I think that this fight is a perfect example of why the scoring system needs to change. Going on a round by round basis, the argument can certainly be made that Dan won the fight fair and square. If you use the dynamic scoring that Pride used to use, where the fight was judged as a whole, then I think it is a clear Shogun victory, who had Dan in all kinds of trouble those last 2 rounds.

How bout Wand man he looked like Wand from the Pride days in that 2nd rd glad he got the win but i hope he goes out with this win so he can be rembered that way.

Wandy looked good at the end of the 1st and right there at the end of the fight. His chin is gone though, and I kind of hope maybe he'll retire with this win. It was good to see him putting those knees on Cung Le. If only Shogun still had a pair of knees, he wouldn't be stuck trying to slug it out with guys like Dan Henderson.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 12:41 PM