IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Maidana vs Alexander Feb. 25-Preview and Poll, (Topics Merged) Weigh in Picture Links on Page 9
Alexander vs Maidana
Who takes it?
Alexander by decision (close) [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Alexander by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alexander by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Maidana by decision (close) [ 3 ] ** [33.33%]
Maidana by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Maidana by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

Seek
post Nov 28 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #1

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Over at the scene

"An agreement has been reached" and will take place in Jan or Feb at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs!

Way to go Golden Boy! Now this is going to be interesting. This fight could go either way. Leaning towards Alexander at the moment.

Thoughts?

This post has been edited by Jack 1000: Feb 25 2012, 01:47 PM
Reason for edit: Poll Added
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 28 2011, 04:50 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

According to boxing scene the fight is done they are just working on a date, confirmed by cunningham.

I hope Alexander gets some karma for latest robbery on Lucas, and Maidana is the perfect guy to deliver..

Any fight with Maidana is pretty good, what are your guys thoughts on this?

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 28 2011, 04:57 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 28 2011, 04:50 PM) *
According to boxing scene the fight is done they are just working on a date, confirmed by cunningham.

I hope Alexander gets some karma for latest robbery on Lucas, and Maidana is the perfect guy to deliver..

Wow...this will be closely looked and compared to Alexander's fight with Matthysse. Now we will see who is the harder puncher becuz Lucas was tagging and throwing bombs on Devon's chin in alot of those later rounds and he ate them pretty well which showed he has a good chin otherwise he would've gotten KO'd. I think Maidana should target that body really early and then go up stairs to slow down Devon's movements. This will be interesting I hope Devon gets knocked out he's been an embarassment in his last 3 fights. So Rios' dream fight with Maidan won't happen unless he moves up to 147 and he's at 135. That leaves a possible Matthysse vs Rios fight.

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 28 2011, 05:00 PM
Post #4

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 28 2011, 04:49 PM) *
Over at the scene

"An agreement has been reached" and will take place in Jan or Feb at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs!

Way to go Golden Boy! Now this is going to be interesting. This fight could go either way. Leaning towards Alexander at the moment.

Thoughts?

no offense but another guy has already posted this before you so this might get added to the other guys post. Check his post for my thoughts on this....I'm leaning towards Maidana if this is staged anywhere else besides St.Louis

+Quote Post
Seek
post Nov 28 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #5

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 28 2011, 05:50 PM) *

Bastard! You beat me to it!

LUCK!

Jp man lol

+Quote Post
Seek
post Nov 28 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #6

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 28 2011, 06:00 PM) *
no offense but another guy has already posted this before you so this might get added to the other guys post. Check his post for my thoughts on this....I'm leaning towards Maidana if this is staged anywhere else besides St.Louis

I like Alexander in this but now that I think about it....he's a sucker for the right hand! You can't miss with it against this guy and Maidana's right hand is money. He can shoot it straight down the middle or throw it VERY wide. This will be a war!

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Nov 28 2011, 05:04 PM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Not cool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleep.gif)

+Quote Post
Seek
post Nov 28 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #8

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 28 2011, 05:57 PM) *
Wow...this will be closely looked and compared to Alexander's fight with Matthysse. Now we will see who is the harder puncher becuz Lucas was tagging and throwing bombs on Devon's chin in alot of those later rounds and he ate them pretty well which showed he has a good chin otherwise he would've gotten KO'd. I think Maidana should target that body really early and then go up stairs to slow down Devon's movements. This will be interesting I hope Devon gets knocked out he's been an embarassment in his last 3 fights. So Rios' dream fight with Maidan won't happen unless he moves up to 147 and he's at 135. That leaves a possible Matthysse vs Rios fight.

I didn't like the way Alexander handled the adversity vs Bradley. He was getting shut out and didn't handle the cuts/butts too well. He pretty much wanted out and didn't want to fight anymore. But he did a good job vs Matthyse. What I mean by that is he did what he had to do, fought Matthyse off of him and threw a lot of punches. I don't think he won the fight but he sucked it up and fought hard.

However....he throws arm punches though and doesn't really follow through at all. No power and also he had no answer for the right hands of Matthyse which were landing with ease. Matthyse gave the fight away with his slow start and lack of punch output. He just kept waiting and waiting for a big punch to put out Alexander but Devon took them well.

Maidana will not make the mistake of starting slow or lacking punch output. And he throws every punch from every angle with very bad intentions. I like Alexander because he has the movement and angles to box Maidana for 12 rounds but he has no idea how to avoid the right hand and that is trouble vs Maidana. BIG trouble...

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Nov 28 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #9

Super Featherweight

QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 28 2011, 05:29 PM) *
I didn't like the way Alexander handled the adversity vs Bradley. He was getting shut out and didn't handle the cuts/butts too well. He pretty much wanted out and didn't want to fight anymore. But he did a good job vs Matthyse. What I mean by that is he did what he had to do, fought Matthyse off of him and threw a lot of punches. I don't think he won the fight but he sucked it up and fought hard.

However....he throws arm punches though and doesn't really follow through at all. No power and also he had no answer for the right hands of Matthyse which were landing with ease. Matthyse gave the fight away with his slow start and lack of punch output. He just kept waiting and waiting for a big punch to put out Alexander but Devon took them well.

Maidana will not make the mistake of starting slow or lacking punch output. And he throws every punch from every angle with very bad intentions. I like Alexander because he has the movement and angles to box Maidana for 12 rounds but he has no idea how to avoid the right hand and that is trouble vs Maidana. BIG trouble...

Very good analysis. I agree, Maidana punches with bad intentions but so did Lucas it's that he's just a very slow starter. I think Lucas is an overall better fighter than Maidana. He can thrown combos, he mixes it up to the body and head (in some fights), and he decently box. Maidana struggled with a past his prime Corley while Matthysse dropped him over 7 times and was one of the very few who have stopped him and Corley is no push over for anyone cuz of his awkward style. I think Devon should be able to dodge most of Maidana's shots early since Maidana is slower than Matthysse but Devon was still getting tagged up. Maidana will have to trap Devon along the ropes and bang away at his body and then go all out on that chin and finish up the job. I see this going to 11 rounds before Maidana stops him by TKO. Good Job Goldeboy...Fuck Top Rank...bring Rios, Gamboa and Donaire to GB so we can get some real exciting fights done, Arum is fucking shit up. First Juanma-Gamboa now Mayweather-Pacquiao. fucking die Arum...smfh

+Quote Post
Seek
post Nov 28 2011, 06:49 PM
Post #10

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 28 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Very good analysis. I agree, Maidana punches with bad intentions but so did Lucas it's that he's just a very slow starter. I think Lucas is an overall better fighter than Maidana. He can thrown combos, he mixes it up to the body and head (in some fights), and he decently box. Maidana struggled with a past his prime Corley while Matthysse dropped him over 7 times and was one of the very few who have stopped him and Corley is no push over for anyone cuz of his awkward style. I think Devon should be able to dodge most of Maidana's shots early since Maidana is slower than Matthysse but Devon was still getting tagged up. Maidana will have to trap Devon along the ropes and bang away at his body and then go all out on that chin and finish up the job. I see this going to 11 rounds before Maidana stops him by TKO. Good Job Goldeboy...Fuck Top Rank...bring Rios, Gamboa and Donaire to GB so we can get some real exciting fights done, Arum is fucking shit up. First Juanma-Gamboa now Mayweather-Pacquiao. fucking die Arum...smfh

Great points. I agree Matthyse is a better boxer as in he is more well-rounded and does things by the book you can say but Maidana has a great way of hiding his punches. He hits you from every which way and starts off very fast. I don't think Alexander is a very smart fighter. He doesn't make any mid-fight adjustments and doesn't really set up his punches well. TKO for Maidana would be a great bet.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 06:23 AM