IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Maidana vs Alexander Feb. 25-Preview and Poll, (Topics Merged) Weigh in Picture Links on Page 9
Alexander vs Maidana
Who takes it?
Alexander by decision (close) [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Alexander by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alexander by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Maidana by decision (close) [ 3 ] ** [33.33%]
Maidana by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Maidana by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 10:29 AM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Jan 24 2012, 01:57 AM) *
maidana is tailor made for alexander. should be an easy win for him. he'll walk maidana in to plenty of shots. i also believe he was looking like shit because he was killing himself to make weight. that won't be an issue at 147. full hydration does the body well. he'll make maidana look like the slow footed, wide swinging plodder that he is.

Let's hope that you're right, because if not, then we'll see the destruction of Alexander.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 24 2012, 03:00 PM
Post #42

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 10:29 AM) *
Let's hope that you're right, because if not, then we'll see the destruction of Alexander.

50% of the time i get it 100% right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jan 25 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #43

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I can't wait for this fight...

respect for alexander went way up after I read the front page's interview with him. He isn't afraid of critiquing himself and seeing there are areas he needs to grow in etc.
that characteristic is gonna do oodles for him. hopefully he'll earn this victory unlike the matthyse fight where there was room for doubt and the hometown factor got called into question.

anybody else think alexander has potential to become a real threat if he continues to learn?

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 25 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (wolterb @ Jan 25 2012, 07:48 PM) *
I can't wait for this fight...

respect for alexander went way up after I read the front page's interview with him. He isn't afraid of critiquing himself and seeing there are areas he needs to grow in etc.
that characteristic is gonna do oodles for him. hopefully he'll earn this victory unlike the matthyse fight where there was room for doubt and the hometown factor got called into question.

anybody else think alexander has potential to become a real threat if he continues to learn?

My opinion is no. He fights the same way every fight and still pitty pat punches. It's a shame because he has the attributes but he just doesn't apply them and his camp doesn't seem to bring it out I'm him either.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 26 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #45

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Jan 25 2012, 07:11 PM) *
My opinion is no. He fights the same way every fight and still pitty pat punches. It's a shame because he has the attributes but he just doesn't apply them and his camp doesn't seem to bring it out I'm him either.

That about sums it up. He has the speed and the head movement, but doesn't have pop worth a shit. He's always gonna be the same fighter, unless Maidana beats a new fighter out of him.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 31 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11653.html

For a minute, I was pissed about the cancellation of Berto/Ortiz II, but the silver lining produced greater results. Berto's ass is out of the picture, so he's free to fight another tomato can when he heals up (aside from his prior bout against Zavek), while we as fans get a chance to see Ortiz possibly face Maidana again (long awaited), or Alexander.

Thoughts?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Jan 31 2012, 03:25 PM
Post #47

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 31 2012, 04:19 PM) *

For a minute, I was pissed about the cancellation of Berto/Ortiz II, but the silver lining produced greater results. Berto's ass is out of the picture, so he's free to fight another tomato can when he heals up (aside from his prior bout against Zavek), while we as fans get a chance to see Ortiz possibly face Maidana again (long awaited), or Alexander.

Thoughts?

Alexander w/ win this fight and allow Victor to exhale, a much desired WHEW!!! in the process. Since GBP is on this type of iiish....why not get Khan and Prescott together again?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 31 2012, 04:53 PM
Post #48

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Looks like there will be an Ortiz/Maidana rematch after Feb 25th. Hope Victor doesn't leave his heart in the locker room or have to look for it in the Land of Oz. As for Berto, well...what about him? He's out of the picture (gladly). All the way up to the first Ortiz fight, Berto fought nobodies (aside Collazo(sp))...then he gets in a crossroads fight with a first-time WW, and gets his ass handed to him...and he thinks fans are brutal because he lost one fight??? Yeah right!

The first fight did more for Ortiz, than it ever would've done for Berto (had Floyd not eyed the winner). Had Berto won (with no chance of a Mayweather fight ahead), then he just would've "beat Victor Ortiz", that's it. Even without the possibility of Ortiz landing a Mayweather fight after the Berto victory, he still had crazy options at WW with a big win over an undefeated WW and a new title.

At this point in time, a Khan/Prescott match could be possible, since Prescott aint lookin' so great nowadays. So yes, I could see the old gasbag throwing Prescott over the bridge against a GBP fighter. But wait...we're talking about Arum here, dammit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) If I remember correctly (and as someone else stated in another thread), Alvarado lost most of those rounds in that fight before Prescott got all farted out, so there's the spin for a rematch. Damn...can't win with Bob, huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 31 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #49

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 31 2012, 03:19 PM) *

Thoughts?

it's gonna be alexander. ortiz is going to lose to him too.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Jan 31 2012, 08:03 PM
Post #50

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

I feel like Ortiz has a better shot at Maidana now than he did the first time he fought because he's grown and had a few fights at 147 now. Maidana has stayed at 140 and arguably lost to Morales (who's still my boy and all) who's fighting 2-3 divisions above his prime at this point. I just think at 147 the advantage goes to Ortiz in terms of size/strength which could be the ultimate difference if they do battle again.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 11:21 PM