IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Maidana vs Alexander Feb. 25-Preview and Poll, (Topics Merged) Weigh in Picture Links on Page 9
Alexander vs Maidana
Who takes it?
Alexander by decision (close) [ 2 ] ** [22.22%]
Alexander by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alexander by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Maidana by decision (close) [ 3 ] ** [33.33%]
Maidana by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Maidana by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [44.44%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 9

checkleft
post Feb 1 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #61

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:31 PM) *
Shiiiiiiit...I HIGHLY doubt that! Guess we will have to see about that, huh?

I highly agree with you. Alexander knows only one way to fight, but like you said we will see.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 2 2012, 09:43 AM
Post #62

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 1 2012, 02:44 PM) *
I highly agree with you. Alexander knows only one way to fight, but like you said we will see.

Yep! As soon as he starts to get touched up, the grunts turns to frantic yelling, his shoulders get all jacked up to his ears, and he tightens up. Seen it before, and he's bound to repeat it. Notice how often Cunningham has to tell him to relax.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 2 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #63

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I JUST watched the Alexander/Matthysse again, since it's been a while. That fight was actually closer than I thought, and Matthysse was going tit for tat with Alexander...so I can no longer say that Matthysse didn't do enough per round.

With that said, Maidana wont give him any room to breathe or adjust...as a matter of fact, Maidana will be horrendously adjusting and stalking Devon. I hate it for Devon in this one...

+Quote Post
Seek
post Feb 2 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #64

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 1 2012, 03:31 PM) *
Shiiiiiiit...I HIGHLY doubt that! Guess we will have to see about that, huh?

That's right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 2 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #65

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 2 2012, 10:43 AM) *
Yep! As soon as he starts to get touched up, the grunts turns to frantic yelling, his shoulders get all jacked up to his ears, and he tightens up. Seen it before, and he's bound to repeat it. Notice how often Cunningham has to tell him to relax.

It surprises me how little Cunninghams gameplans show on fight night. I'm starting to doubt his skills as a trainer, but it could easily be that Alexander just cant carry it out or just ignores his corner zab Judah style.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 2 2012, 08:49 PM
Post #66

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 2 2012, 03:04 PM) *
It surprises me how little Cunninghams gameplans show on fight night. I'm starting to doubt his skills as a trainer, but it could easily be that Alexander just cant carry it out or just ignores his corner zab Judah style.

It may be the latter. Cunningham has decent gameplans, but if you think back, he used to get in Cory Spinks' ass about not listening. Surely these guys (his fighters) dont have the experience he has, or seen what he has saw, so for them to deviate from the plan is ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #67

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

http://www.boxingscene.com/ortiz-berto-get...ate-june--49348

FUCK! Looks like DiBella is leaning towards a late June date for the Berto/Ortiz rematch. Noooooo!!! I want to see the rematch, but I want to see the Ortiz/Maidana rematch more....

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 7 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #68

Super Middleweight

Damn maidana put on some muscle, just saw some pictures on boxingscene... I wouldn't want to be Alexander.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 9 2012, 10:03 AM
Post #69

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 7 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Damn maidana put on some muscle, just saw some pictures on boxingscene... I wouldn't want to be Alexander.

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-maidana-...ing-camp--49353

You aint lyin'! This is gonna be an ugly fight, hands down. Whether Alexander makes a fight out of "fighting for his life" or simply goes out quickly...it will still be a nasty fight. Im tired of this St. Louis bullshit too.

Fighting in STL does shit for his skills or ability to adapt in the ring, as evidenced by the Kotelnik and Matthysse fight. It's dead obvious that they are having these fights there, because they know Devon can survive long enough for the shit to go to the cards, and we all know how it ends.

*credits to boxingscene for the photos

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 16 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #70

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 9 2012, 09:03 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-maidana-...ing-camp--49353

You aint lyin'! This is gonna be an ugly fight, hands down. Whether Alexander makes a fight out of "fighting for his life" or simply goes out quickly...it will still be a nasty fight. Im tired of this St. Louis bullshit too.

Fighting in STL does shit for his skills or ability to adapt in the ring, as evidenced by the Kotelnik and Matthysse fight. It's dead obvious that they are having these fights there, because they know Devon can survive long enough for the shit to go to the cards, and we all know how it ends.

*credits to boxingscene for the photos

I pick Alexander by SD and see an ugly, sloppy, fight. All neutral judges though. As of now it's Cesar Ramos (Puerto Rico), John Keane (England), and Glen Feldman (Connecticut.) Steve Smoger is ref, and everyone is in agreement about the officials. I see a close, and hard to score fight, but I still see a SD that could go either way, with hometown bias playing a favorite to Alexander. Even with neutral judges. Something tells me that Maidana must win big in Saint Louis, and this does not figure to be a wide decision type of fight.

Jack

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 05:10 AM