Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Revisting Floyd MJ and Ricky Hatton Fight, Fight for thought
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 30 2011, 06:06 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

Watching the FLoyd and Ricky Hatton fight there are somethings that I have notice, here are some and if you would like to add on please do

Floyd MJ: Seemed really focused and relaxed going into the fight. It was interesting that he paid no mind to Hopkins or Shane as he was walking around the ring. The beginning of the rounds Floyd seemed a little surprised how Ricky came out, of course he adjusted beautifully but in the beginning he was looking for his rhythm and man did he found it.

Ricky: Started off okay and gased out towards the later rounds. It seemed he had one game plan and there was no plan B, which hurt him in the end. He left his defense drop and became careless. The first 5 rounds he gave were very exciting. Both fighters put on a great fight.

Joe Cortiz: Was too much into the fight. When Ricky was trying to fight in the inside he kept interfering and he taking a point away from Hatton was really stupid. Joe needed to fall back and let the fighters fight. No one wanted to see Joe.

Roger M.: Kept giving the same instruction which proved to be the difference in the fight but my favorite thing he said "Walk that ho down and shoot that shit up the middle." Straight right hands all day!

Announcers: Stewart kept saying how great Ricky looked but as Floyd began picking Ricky apart he changed his stance. Merchant seemed so disinterested in the fight especially when Floyd was finding his rhythm. Lederman's card was awful! Just awful! Jim Lampley was entertaining at times

Crowd: Was hyped! Especially the Brits. Tyrese was looking NICE!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Nov 30 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Watching the FLoyd and Ricky Hatton fight there are somethings that I have notice, here are some and if you would like to add on please do

Floyd MJ: Seemed really focused and relaxed going into the fight. It was interesting that he paid no mind to Hopkins or Shane as he was walking around the ring. The beginning of the rounds Floyd seemed a little surprised how Ricky came out, of course he adjusted beautifully but in the beginning he was looking for his rhythm and man did he found it.

Ricky: Started off okay and gased out towards the later rounds. It seemed he had one game plan and there was no plan B, which hurt him in the end. He left his defense drop and became careless. The first 5 rounds he gave were very exciting. Both fighters put on a great fight.

Joe Cortiz: Was too much into the fight. When Ricky was trying to fight in the inside he kept interfering and he taking a point away from Hatton was really stupid. Joe needed to fall back and let the fighters fight. No one wanted to see Joe.

Roger M.: Kept giving the same instruction which proved to be the difference in the fight but my favorite thing he said "Walk that ho down and shoot that shit up the middle." Straight right hands all day!

Announcers: Stewart kept saying how great Ricky looked but as Floyd began picking Ricky apart he changed his stance. Merchant seemed so disinterested in the fight especially when Floyd was finding his rhythm. Lederman's card was awful! Just awful! Jim Lampley was entertaining at times

Crowd: Was hyped! Especially the Brits. Tyrese was looking NICE!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

Stewart was spot on with his commentary in the hatton fight
1. He said Ricky was putting a lot of pressure on Floyd which gave Floyd some problems.
2. He said Ricky couldn't afford to get tired cause Floyd would pick him apart

So I think Stewart did a great Job in that fight.

This post has been edited by BigFightFan: Nov 30 2011, 08:18 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 30 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Ricky Hatton just couldn't fight his fight thanks to Joe "The Master Meddler" Cortez. All Hatton had that night was his weird footwrok and those wild punches from the outside (which he doesn't fight well from), but after Floyd figured out that Hatton was just coming in straight lines...Hatton had nothing left but those wild punches. After those easy-to-deflect punches of his were neutralized...it was a wrap. The Hatton fans made the fight that much more worth watching...even to this day!

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 30 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #4

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

What I remember most about that fight is the f@99ot @$$ Brits booing the nat'l anthem.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 30 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 30 2011, 09:04 PM) *
What I remember most about that fight is the f@99ot @$$ Brits booing the nat'l anthem.

Lol, I dont think they were booing the anthem, I believe they were booing Floyd on the screen as the anthem was being sang. Im hoping thats the only part they booed on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Nov 30 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 10:09 PM) *
Lol, I dont think they were booing the anthem, I believe they were booing Floyd on the screen as the anthem was being sang. Im hoping thats the only part they booed on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

Naw, kid. Floyd wasn't one the screen at the time...the moment the anthem was started, they started booing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 30 2011, 10:34 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 30 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Naw, kid. Floyd wasn't one the screen at the time...the moment the anthem was started, they started booing.

I may have to check that out again.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Nov 30 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Ricky Hatton just couldn't fight his fight thanks to Joe "The Master Meddler" Cortez. All Hatton had that night was his weird footwrok and those wild punches from the outside (which he doesn't fight well from), but after Floyd figured out that Hatton was just coming in straight lines...Hatton had nothing left but those wild punches. After those easy-to-deflect punches of his were neutralized...it was a wrap. The Hatton fans made the fight that much more worth watching...even to this day!

What about Tyrese? My only criticism was that he took forever and year for him to sing the national anthem but then again looking at tyrese for a long amount of time never hurt anyone. lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Nov 30 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:09 PM) *
What about Tyrese? My only criticism was that he took forever and year for him to sing the national anthem but then again looking at tyrese for a long amount of time never hurt anyone. lol

What about him? He can sing, but thats as far as I need to go. Again, what about him?

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 1 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #10

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:14 PM) *
What about him? He can sing, but thats as far as I need to go. Again, what about him?

He looked great right?
Back to the fight: Did you think Floyd would knock him out?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 03:39 AM