> Revisting Floyd MJ and Ricky Hatton Fight, Fight for thought
Box in Hand
post Dec 1 2011, 12:56 AM
Post #11

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,195

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 10:09 PM) *
What about Tyrese? My only criticism was that he took forever and year for him to sing the national anthem but then again looking at tyrese for a long amount of time never hurt anyone. lol

Allmenjoi please tell me you're female talking bout Tyrese like that?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Dec 1 2011, 01:03 AM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Yes I did. If collazo was almost putting him away floyds accurate shots would put him out. I think I said in 8 that night.
But I don't think pple give mayweather enough credit, the reason people gas against him is because he makes them miss frustrates them wich makes them tense and he lands sharp shots to the chin time and time again.. they don't just magically gas

+Quote Post
duwdu
post Dec 1 2011, 05:26 AM
Post #13

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 11,536

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Yes I did. If collazo was almost putting him away floyds accurate shots would put him out. I think I said in 8 that night.
But I don't think pple give mayweather enough credit, the reason people gas against him is because he makes them miss frustrates them wich makes them tense and he lands sharp shots to the chin time and time again.. they don't just magically gas

This is a brilliant post.

P34c3

This post has been edited by duwdu: Dec 1 2011, 05:36 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 09:09 AM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 1 2011, 12:14 AM) *
He looked great right?
Back to the fight: Did you think Floyd would knock him out?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif)
I should give you walking papers for this question alone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)
1. The fact that this question even crossed your mind before asking me
2. The fact that you went through with asking it
3. The fact that you expected an answer

***But to answer your more logical question, I didn't really think that Floyd would've knocked Hatton out...especially in that fashion. I figured it would've been a corner stoppage due to an accumulation of unanswered punches throughout the round and frustration since Hatton's arsenal was bound to fail sooner or later. I honestly didn't make this prediction until after the 3rd round.

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 1 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Allmenjoi please tell me you're female talking bout Tyrese like that?

What gave her away?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2011, 01:03 AM) *

+ fuckin' 1!!! I honestly believe that Floyd's opponents learn how to feint after they fight him. Its like a feinting contest when he fights and you usually see his opponents feint more than ever. I believe that there's more than humiliation and frustration to be taken with you after a good ass-kickin' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Dec 1 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #15

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Watching the FLoyd and Ricky Hatton fight there are somethings that I have notice, here are some and if you would like to add on please do

Floyd MJ: Seemed really focused and relaxed going into the fight. It was interesting that he paid no mind to Hopkins or Shane as he was walking around the ring. The beginning of the rounds Floyd seemed a little surprised how Ricky came out, of course he adjusted beautifully but in the beginning he was looking for his rhythm and man did he found it.

Ricky: Started off okay and gased out towards the later rounds. It seemed he had one game plan and there was no plan B, which hurt him in the end. He left his defense drop and became careless. The first 5 rounds he gave were very exciting. Both fighters put on a great fight.

Joe Cortiz: Was too much into the fight. When Ricky was trying to fight in the inside he kept interfering and he taking a point away from Hatton was really stupid. Joe needed to fall back and let the fighters fight. No one wanted to see Joe.

Roger M.: Kept giving the same instruction which proved to be the difference in the fight but my favorite thing he said "Walk that ho down and shoot that shit up the middle." Straight right hands all day!

Announcers: Stewart kept saying how great Ricky looked but as Floyd began picking Ricky apart he changed his stance. Merchant seemed so disinterested in the fight especially when Floyd was finding his rhythm. Lederman's card was awful! Just awful! Jim Lampley was entertaining at times

Crowd: Was hyped! Especially the Brits. Tyrese was looking NICE!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

So what was Joe Cortez suspoded to do? Let the fight become a bear hugging contest.

As far as Lederman goes I dont how you for score fights for effective aggression alone. At some point you have to land some clean punches. Harold Lederman and Larry Merchant both need to retire. Bring Roy Jones back or steal Tarver from Showtime.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 1 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2011, 10:09 AM) *
So what was Joe Cortez suspoded to do? Let the fight become a bear hugging contest.

As far as Lederman goes I dont how you for score fights for effective aggression alone. At some point you have to land some clean punches. Harold Lederman and Larry Merchant both need to retire. Bring Roy Jones back or steal Tarver from Showtime.

Joe as usual over stepped his boundaries. When Ricky wanted to fight in the inside the moment he even tried he would break it up. The point deduction was a joke. It was a good fight but what had been better if Joe was less in the picture. Lederman should take lessons from his daughter on how to judge a fight.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Dec 1 2011, 01:08 PM
Post #17

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 1 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Joe as usual over stepped his boundaries. When Ricky wanted to fight in the inside the moment he even tried he would break it up. The point deduction was a joke. It was a good fight but what had been better if Joe was less in the picture. Lederman should take lessons from his daughter on how to judge a fight.

Ricky was getting beat up on the inside. What was Joe suspoded to do let him hold and hit like the Kostya Tszyu fight. Now that ref was fucked up. He was letting Hatton hold and hit so much its rediculous. Is that the Ricky Hatton style your talking about? The point deduction was harsh but ive seen worser calls than that.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 1 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #18

Lightweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2011, 02:08 PM) *
Ricky was getting beat up on the inside. What was Joe suspoded to do let him hold and hit like the Kostya Tszyu fight. Now that ref was fucked up. He was letting Hatton hold and hit so much its rediculous. Is that the Ricky Hatton style your talking about? The point deduction was harsh but ive seen worser calls than that.

There was a round in the fight (can't remember which one maybe three even 4) where both fighters were mixing it up in the inside and it was starting to become interesting, all of the sudden Joe comes in calls a time out and speaks to both fighters. That takes steam out of the fight. It was a scrappy fight, old school. Let them fight out of it. Joe should of been like that during the Ortiz and Mayweather match.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Dec 1 2011, 01:57 PM
Post #19

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

If joe cortez hadn't stepped in as much as he did, the fight wuld have ended in 7 or 8 instead of 10.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 1 2011, 02:50 PM
Post #20

Lightweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2011, 10:09 AM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif)
I should give you walking papers for this question alone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsdown_anim.gif)
1. The fact that this question even crossed your mind before asking me
2. The fact that you went through with asking it
3. The fact that you expected an answer

***But to answer your more logical question, I didn't really think that Floyd would've knocked Hatton out...especially in that fashion. I figured it would've been a corner stoppage due to an accumulation of unanswered punches throughout the round and frustration since Hatton's arsenal was bound to fail sooner or later. I honestly didn't make this prediction until after the 3rd round.

What gave her away?

+ fuckin' 1!!! I honestly believe that Floyd's opponents learn how to feint after they fight him. Its like a feinting contest when he fights and you usually see his opponents feint more than ever. I believe that there's more than humiliation and frustration to be taken with you after a good ass-kickin' (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Walking papers? You would be the first.... I agree with what you sid about Hatton. he gased himself out in the later rounds were Mayweather looked to pick up steam. The 8th and 10th rounds were brutal. Plus all those straight right hands to Hatton's face, the way his neck snapped back, was awful. That was a good fight. Who was on the undercard, I can't remember.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 04:12 PM