IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cotto vs Margarito Poll (Where Ya Head At?) (Topics Merged), Who's Ordering the Fight???
Cotto vs Margarito...Time is winding down...
Who Will Win? "Cast" your votes
Cotto by Decision (Close) [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Cotto by Decision (Wide) [ 3 ] ** [13.64%]
Cotto by KO/TKO (Early or Late?) [ 6 ] ** [27.27%]
Margarito by Decision (Close) [ 1 ] ** [4.55%]
Margarito by Decision (Wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Margarito by KO/TKO (Early or Late?) [ 9 ] ** [40.91%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Stoppage (Due to injury) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 22
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 06:42 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Okay folks...time IS winding down and the rematch is upon us! Im curious as to know if anybody's changed their predictions and why. Its a well known fact that as a big fight nears, promotion or the mere fact that "something doesn't feel right" usually changes one's mind at the last second. 24/7 has been very interesting this time around and almost had me thinking of changing my predictions, well, naaaah (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nea.gif) Im still going with my first instinct...which is The Home Depot Hurricane (Margarito).

I believe both of these guys are pretty shot, so the fight can go either way. I'll slightly edge towards Margarito if this happens to go life & death...since this nit-brain is willing to die in the ring anyhow. It's rare nowadays that these guys in the sport "fight"...especially for the ones who already used to making millions after fighting so long (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Again, both these guys are shot (in a way)...after Margarito beat Cotto to submission the first time, he came back and looked frail against Jennings, and still had the nightmare look in his eyes in the Clottey fight.

So, he went on to fight Pacquaio and...well, thats pretty much where he folded for good after that stray-dog beating he took. Truthfully, he hasn't been in a real fight since then, and I haven't been able to trust his ability to take a good punch since. Margarito...well, who cares? He doesn't give a flying flock of rat shit about his health or the health of others anyway, so why should we even care? Mosley kicked him in the coffin and Pac closed the top while Marg was still conscious...AND LOCKED IT! Any fight now, this guy's eye is liable to project into the audience, and he will look at it as nothing more than losing his mouthpiece during the fight...still willing to fight on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) ....DUMBASS!

Big question...who's ordering it? I will TRY to get my hands on a stream for those that cant order it, but Im not making any promises though...I'll try. Besides, I would hate to see a bunch of names at the bottom of the pinned up thread Saturday night, while I enjoy the fight, stuff my face, go for "Stupor Status" with the plethora of drinks that will be calling my name, and talking much shit throughout the thread. C'mon folks, its the holidays...its tradition to aimlessly treat yourself to shit that you know you wont need later (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 1 2011, 06:51 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

Margs by KO/TKO I can see him outlasting cotto simply because he won't throw much the first couple of rounds, and also I have a fiver bet on this with a mate, he refuses to believe that cotto isn't the same fighter after the first match and that beating changed him. keeps telling me he can box now and he's a world champion....

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 1 2011, 07:31 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,604

I have Margarito by decision, I see the fight happening the same as the first. Cotto will win the early rounds and margarito will dominate the middle and late rounds. The reason I didn't pick ko/TKO is because I truly believe he used illegal wraps and without them cotto will finish on his feet.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Dec 1 2011, 07:57 PM
Post #4

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

HOME DEPOT HURRICANE! I WAS DYING WITH LAUGHTER MAYNE!!!

You know for some reason, I keep thinking that if Cotto is smart, he tries to stay outside, dance and work the jab on that right eye. I'm going to go out on a wild card and say that later in the fight, the doctors will do a quick stoppage the moment that they see some blood or heavy swelling.

For all I know though, Cotto could fold at the first sign of trouble, because he does seem to have that bitchassness in him. If I was in a streetfight, I would want the Home Depot Hurricane with me, that's for sure. Hell, bring some of them plaster of paris gloves too homey!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2011, 06:51 PM) *
Margs by KO/TKO I can see him outlasting cotto

Thats gonna be the deciding factor, my friend. Absolutely right! Margarito is going to take Cotto's punches and protect his eye in the process. Im sure we will see some defense from Margarito, which is weird. Hell, he may some mental shit and make Cotto shit his pants, by NOT covering his eye and allowing himself to get hit in it.

Ya never know with Home Depot Hurricane, he's built tough like a Ford truck...or is that Chevy? Who gives a shit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Hopefully Cotto doesn't fuck himself again by abandoning body work, like he did at first. Since he said he's targeting Marg's eye, he may be dumb enough to fall in the quick sand again...who knows what the "Gentle Rican" will do this time around (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 08:31 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Dec 1 2011, 07:31 PM) *
I have Margarito by decision

C'mon B...when was the last time Margarito won a decision? when it comes down to a decision, he usually loses. He's gonna go balls to wall in NY!

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 1 2011, 07:57 PM) *
HOME DEPOT HURRICANE! I WAS DYING WITH LAUGHTER MAYNE!!!

You know for some reason, I keep thinking that if Cotto is smart, he tries to stay outside, dance and work the jab on that right eye. I'm going to go out on a wild card and say that later in the fight, the doctors will do a quick stoppage the moment that they see some blood or heavy swelling.

For all I know though, Cotto could fold at the first sign of trouble, because he does seem to have that bitchassness in him. If I was in a streetfight, I would want the Home Depot Hurricane with me, that's for sure. Hell, bring some of them plaster of paris gloves too homey!

Thats right Max, thats how we do around here...gotta give 'em a different name, EVERY fighter. We once called him the East LA Toilet Floater as well. I wouldn't doubt that the doctors would jump in to his aid, but Im starting to think that they will settle down a bit. I mean shit, the Texas Athletic Commission and ring doctors didn't give a shit. If they were as smart as they appear, then they would've known that their was more going on with his eye, other than swelling.

Margarito would be one of those dudes that you need in the crew when a streetfight goes down...its always beneficial. I wouldn't mind having Maidana in my crew either...he would be the most dangerous. He's one of those drunk guys in public who can't fight worth a damn, but they ALWAYS want to fight, just because (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 1 2011, 08:33 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Where tha hell is Noles??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif) Looks like Im gonna have to send a smoke signal out for 'em... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Dec 1 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Don't you hate when you have to officially predict the guy you want to to lose to win?....

Fagot ass Margs by late stoppage...

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Dec 1 2011, 11:06 PM
Post #9

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Thanks for the preview thread CShel,

I actually delayed putting it up, just because the circumstances of Margacheato being continuously allowed to fight are so disgusting. (Was just gonna do our traditional RBR thread Saturday night.

As I recall, I did have Cotto up by a point in the first fight at the time of the stoppage, which was really close. But not this time. I think Cotto wins big and will swell up and bust up Margarito's eyes. Cotto TKO 10. Let's just hope 'Cheato" does NOT win!

Jack

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Dec 1 2011, 11:09 PM
Post #10

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

Here is where logic comes into play. Cotto doesn't hit hard enough to keep Marg off of him. That's not a plaster issue, that's a sad reality and that is why he's gonna lose Saturday. Cotto still leans forward which means he will be eating uppercuts in the latter part of the fight. Plus he will eat body shots just like in the first fight. I would love nothing more than to see Margarito beaten into retirement but I just can't see it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 10:45 PM