IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Roy Jones win the Cruiserweight Belt?
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 9 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #1

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

I love Roy Jones as a boxer. My favorite fight is when he fought James Tony! Jones has had some great fights, during the 90s he was feared in his division. I wish that he would stop fighting because with every lost and lack luster performance he is damning his legacy. Since Jones insist on continue boxing I wonder if he can grab the vacant cruiserweight belt? Any thoughts and if he loses this next fight should he walk away from boxing for good?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PlayaPartner
post Dec 9 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #2

Amateur

Member No.: 10,905

Roy is fighting Max Alexander Saturday. Max Alexander could not even get a win on the contender. He is considered one of the worst proffessional boxers alive. Roy is stooping real low. This will be an exhibition match instead of a boxing match.

This post has been edited by PlayaPartner: Dec 9 2011, 01:10 PM

+Quote Post
bosco
post Dec 9 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #3

Flyweight

Member No.: 12,191

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 9 2011, 01:20 PM) *
I love Roy Jones as a boxer. My favorite fight is when he fought James Tony! Jones has had some great fights, during the 90s he was feared in his division. I wish that he would stop fighting because with every lost and lack luster performance he is damning his legacy. Since Jones insist on continue boxing I wonder if he can grab the vacant cruiserweight belt? Any thoughts and if he loses this next fight should he walk away from boxing for good?

Roy said if he loses this fight he'll retire so hopefully he loses. He had his time and needs to move on. These fights he's having now means nothing. He's in his 40's and doesn't have any punch resistance so nothing good can come out it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 9 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 5 2011, 11:04 AM) *
I do agree that some fighters need to hang 'em up, but we all know that these guys have had lucrative boxing paydays that have seen their better days, so those 7 and 8 figure checks arent coming in as regularly, if at all. So yes, thats why we see them fighting nobodies for any paycheck that they can get, and some of them REALLY just feel that they can compete, so they move forward in doing so. These guys may have big ticket items that are paid for (hopefully), like mansions, expensive cars, indoor/outdoor pools, greedy family members, children/child support, etc...but the bottom line is, all of these things still need to be MAINTAINED.

Not only does shit happen in the sport of boxing, it also happens in life overall...no matter how much money one may have, bad/unexpected things happen to them as well. For instance, you have Hulk Hogan's wife who divorced him and left with a wopping 70% liquid assets and about $8M from their estate that was used during the taping his show years ago. He only got a few million from the house, and he will end up owing her about $1.5M when that settles.

C'mon guys, Hulk is too damn old to wrestle, his body is shot to no end, and will still need money to live and MAINTAIN the things that he does have. Let's not forget how much money he put forth for his daughter's music career (decent move), but again, shit happens, because he had to pull unthinkable figures out of his ass to save his son from being a prison bitch due to that stupid car wreck that he almost killed somebody in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) We can go as far as how Holyfield still has several children in which he STILL has to pay child support for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Back to my point...maintainence is key and sometimes it can bite you in the ass if you dont spend your money right. That surely has to be the case with these guys that cant seem to hang 'em up. I wonder how much utilities cost in a multi-million dollar mansion, hmmm... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
KYLE THEEE SPINK...
post Dec 9 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #5

Welterweight

Member No.: 1,386

Can Roy win a belt? Have you seen Roy the past seven years? nuff said.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Dec 9 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #6

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

hahaha.. u guys are funny

+Quote Post
E.C.LEGEND
post Dec 10 2011, 09:36 AM
Post #7

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 6,658

of course he can! Yall must of forgot, that he's nice with these(hands)1

+Quote Post
Kratza
post Dec 10 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #8

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 13,360

I really don't think so, i dont even think he cares about winning anymore, he just wants the money

+Quote Post
Jhill47
post Dec 10 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #9

Amateur

Member No.: 12,594

I love Roy but these days he needs to come to the ring in his PJs with a pillow and a blanket b/c all he does in the ring now days is go to sleep. Damn shame

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 10 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #10

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Dec 10 2011, 12:46 PM) *
I love Roy but these days he needs to come to the ring in his PJs with a pillow and a blanket b/c all he does in the ring now days is go to sleep. Damn shame

LOL!! That is wrong but true. Roy in the 90s was a monster but now he is a shell of his former self.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:42 AM