IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:Peterson vs. Khan (Postfight), "Mystery Man" ID'd, But Questions Remain (Topics Merged)
BoxingEinstein
post Jan 8 2012, 04:48 AM
Post #251

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jan 8 2012, 03:54 AM) *
With regard to the invesigation of the man who was not assigned designated to the fight and any legal actions that may result:

I don't want Peterson to be a victim in this. There is no evidence at this time that he knew what was going on and/or was a party to this action. This is between the IBF, take it up with Daryl Peoples the IBF President and the head of the DC Boxing Commission. It is WRONG for Golden Boy Promotions to try to get a no contest out of this, or for Peterson to lose any belts because of this.

Jack

Agreed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jan 11 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #252

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

No one argues that this was not a very close fight. The problem is with the controversy surrounding the fight, the sanctioning bodies should order an immediate rematch in a new venue as soon as possible. Put an disputes to rest. If Lamont Peterson was good enough to beat Khan once, then let him try and do it again, this time leaving no doubt.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 11 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #253

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 11 2012, 02:31 PM) *
No one argues that this was not a very close fight. The problem is with the controversy surrounding the fight, the sanctioning bodies should order an immediate rematch in a new venue as soon as possible. Put an disputes to rest. If Lamont Peterson was good enough to beat Khan once, then let him try and do it again, this time leaving no doubt.

Im starting to get this urge to see the rematch. The controversy is making it well worth it. In the same breath, I wish Khan would just move on. Had this fight taken place in the UK and Peterson appeared to get robbed, then no one would want to hear his side of the argument. I found it dumb how Khan suggested that the rematch should be in the UK though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jan 11 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #254

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 11 2012, 02:44 PM) *
Im starting to get this urge to see the rematch. The controversy is making it well worth it. In the same breath, I wish Khan would just move on. Had this fight taken place in the UK and Peterson appeared to get robbed, then no one would want to hear his side of the argument. I found it dumb how Khan suggested that the rematch should be in the UK though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I want Khan to win so he can get into the ring against Floyd later on in 2012 and build another mega event.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 11 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #255

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 11 2012, 02:50 PM) *
I want Khan to win so he can get into the ring against Floyd later on in 2012 and build another mega event.

Im with you on that...I WANTED Khan to win, but it didn't go as planned. Im sure you guys heard me over and over again, pumping up a Khan/Mayweather fight from an economic standpoint and why it made so much sense.

Im wondering why Khan into Lamont's backyard with no rematch clause, and now he pisses and moans about the results (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Either Khan was very confident, or he overlooked Peterson.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 11 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #256

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

damn that fool overlooked peterson so much he was already counting the money he was going to get from the mayweather fight...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 11 2012, 09:13 PM
Post #257

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 11 2012, 09:11 PM) *
damn that fool overlooked peterson so much he was already counting the money he was going to get from the mayweather fight...

Yep. How blond of Khan, huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jan 11 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #258

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

I personally feel the only reason a khan rematch would be ordered is because of his publicity. Peterson should have a say in choosing his first title defense.

i could understand disappointment if he never does - but khan is not entitled to anything. i thought peterson earned that win and i'd rather see him fight than khan

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Jan 11 2012, 10:35 PM
Post #259

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

^what i mean is peterson is the more entertaining and tough fighter. its not like hes a misfit for the champion belt

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 12 2012, 01:21 AM
Post #260

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

IBF claims that "Mystery Man" does charity work for the organization.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16502041.stm

(The sidebars at this site have more information.)

However, the fact remains that he had NO BUSINESS communicating with officials or handling scorecards during the fight.

Jack

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 24 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 06:19 AM