IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO:Peterson vs. Khan (Postfight), "Mystery Man" ID'd, But Questions Remain (Topics Merged)
Allmenjoi8
post Jan 12 2012, 03:49 PM
Post #261

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

I think Peterson should give Khan a rematch. Hell that could be an under card for May 5th. What I do not like about Khan is that he is not taking personal responsibility for the way he fought. It sucks because I thought Khan had character.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #262

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

So the WBA gives the crybaby a rematch. From the looks of it, Lamont has about 10 days to respond to this bullshit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Khan honestly just needs to move on...his shitty performance along with his crying has exposed him and done him no justice in this situation. Im sure he will be quite roided up for the rematch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 15 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #263

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 15 2012, 01:33 PM) *
So the WBA gives the crybaby a rematch. From the looks of it, Lamont has about 10 days to respond to this bullshit (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Khan honestly just needs to move on...his shitty performance along with his crying has exposed him and done him no justice in this situation. Im sure he will be quite roided up for the rematch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I think they did the right thing. NOT because Khan cried about it. But because of the home-town officiating with the two points off, losing his world championship on such a close call, and that unauthorized guy with the hat handling the scorecards. At least you have an unethical situation here. No evidence of corruption. At least not yet. But the fight was good enough to warrant a rematch, so I am cool with it.

Let's see how this plays out in a neutral setting with no evidence of officiating bias. We have the IBF hearing next week. Let them approve a rematch. Somebody needs to win definitively here to settle the score.

Jack

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2012, 03:59 PM
Post #264

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Im just baffled at the fact that Khan did himself the injustice of not having a rematch clause with this fight, then he made it a point of not caring about Peterson's hometown edge before the fight. THEN, when shit got all outta wack, he comes back crying for justice. I remember that wack deal that he offered Lamont before he declined it.

He basically said that Lamont would have to fight him in the UK, only get $300k, no UK money...and in the event that Lamont won and became the WBA champ, he would've had to rematch Khan under the same contractual conditions...specifically for the SAME amount of money. Now, Khan caught himself begging for a rematch, which was really karma kicking him in the ass.

I agree, a rematch would be nice since the fight was so close. The events that took place in D.C. could've been avoided by Khan performing better and covering his ass with a rematch clause (since he's the "money man" of the division). Im sure this will be a lesson learned for him though.

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jan 15 2012, 07:51 PM
Post #265

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

My motive here is simply that I want Amir Khan to keep winning and keep raising his profile, simply so he can be a name that the sheep will recognize when they look back on Floyd Mayweather's record and see the guys who he beat during his reign as the best fighter of his generation.

Fight Lamont, beat him convincingly and keep on winning, because there's an inevitable loss that I want you to take down the line.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 15 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #266

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Jan 15 2012, 07:51 PM) *
Fight Lamont, beat him convincingly and keep on winning, because there's an inevitable loss that I want you to take down the line.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 15 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #267

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

if khan leaves freddie he might actually have a chance of beating mayweather or atleast does something different from the same gameplan every single time. tall guy like him not being able to utilize a jab is embarrassing

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 17 2012, 10:36 AM
Post #268

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 15 2012, 08:15 PM) *
if khan leaves freddie he might actually have a chance of beating mayweather or atleast does something different from the same gameplan every single time. tall guy like him not being able to utilize a jab is embarrassing

This is how it goes...Khan leaves Roach, and the popularity goes out of the window. A big chunk of his 24/7 material will be gone, and a new trainer wouldn't make it any better...especially if it isn't a known trainer.

As far as him not using his jab properly...that's his fault (in my opinion). He knows how tall he is, and he has a decent reach. All he has to do is open his mouth in camp, hell, Im sure Roach knows how to teach somebody how to use a jab. Now how well he teaches that, who knows.

+Quote Post
fightscoreollect...
post Jan 18 2012, 04:48 PM
Post #269

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

asking them to discard the amir khan re-match they ordered.

very intersting indeed as whether the WBA say yes or no its wide open to what each fighter does next....

IF the WBA say no to the rematch the you will probably see peterson take on pacquaio or more likely bradley.....khan will probably move up in weight

IF the WBA say yes to the rematch then peterson might still say no...so wo does amir fight for the belt....well by all rights it has to be the regular champion...maidana....that means khan moving up to 147lbs then as he has no interest in fighting maidana again.....peterson will probably still fight pacquaio or bradley

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 18 2012, 05:45 PM
Post #270

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

they've already said yes haven't they?

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 25 26 27 28 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 09:33 AM