Cshel86
post Dec 15 2011, 09:43 AM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 14 2011, 06:47 PM) *
NOW, I totally see what you mean. SMDH

Yep! Its like throwing a frisbee at a crossed eyed puppy and hoping for better results (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 15 2011, 05:40 PM
Post #32

Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,770

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Dec 14 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Buddy I think your missing my point. Unlike LL, Ali actually attempted to take his opponents out instead of playing it safe. Did he do it at a high percentage? No! Did he atleast use his advantages? Yes! Lewis was comfortable going an easy 12.

I understand the science of bigger men and the expectations so the break down wasn't necessary.

As far as Vitali getting is due...it's all BS. On paper it looks good but if you actually watched him fight you know he isn't a big KO puncher. He stops most of his opponents with an accumulation of punches. Of course they don't seperate it with TKO and KO percentage, they just put it all together so folks who never seen him fought will think he was a monster. Far Far from it but he is damn good.

Well - fair enough ill just agree to disagree about ali

as far as vitali goes, maybe it was not your intention, it sounds like you're inferring I haven't watched his outings - i have. lol.

I'm a fan so its not as if i don't have bias. That said, I personally dont care whether someone gets the job done through solid, heavy singular punches or an accumulation of punishment and resulting frustration - different strokes for different folks. I think vitali's ko % is more indicative of his skill and size than his power and aggression. His resume can easily be critiqued, its just that the criticism is the more subscribed to, and published; and I think there is more to be said about vitali than the often used tomato-can critique.

plenty disagree with me and thats fine. i'm not saying vitali is the BEST ever or anything of the sort, just saying it is rare to hear either get a fair critique and I think vitali eventually will get it after they leave boxing cause their presence is not appreciated by the majority of this era's fans.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 15 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #33

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 15 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Well - fair enough ill just agree to disagree about ali

as far as vitali goes, maybe it was not your intention, it sounds like you're inferring I haven't watched his outings - i have. lol.

I'm a fan so its not as if i don't have bias. That said, I personally dont care whether someone gets the job done through solid, heavy singular punches or an accumulation of punishment and resulting frustration - different strokes for different folks. I think vitali's ko % is more indicative of his skill and size than his power and aggression. His resume can easily be critiqued, its just that the criticism is the more subscribed to, and published; and I think there is more to be said about vitali than the often used tomato-can critique. plenty disagree with me and thats fine. i'm not saying vitali is the BEST ever or anything of the sort, just saying it is rare to hear either get a fair critique and I think vitali eventually will get it after they leave boxing cause their presence is not appreciated by the majority of this era's fans.

THANK YOU and +1

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 03:42 AM