> Robert Guerrero. Please explain.
mgrover
post Dec 16 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 16 2011, 06:00 AM) *
Do you realize that just because you are the same height does not mean you have the same body structure? Do you know who Brittany Granier is? Of course you don't/ She is the Center for Baylor University. I think she is 7'1 or something ridiculous like a girl who plays for UConn is the exact same height but this gorl at UConn is bulky and has more muscle mass, so she looks a lot bigger than Granier. You do know that just because you are the same height does not mean another person of the same height can have size or body mass on you. Marquez had moments in the fight against Mayweather. I repeat I think it will be a blow out but he will have moments just like JMM. I see this fight exactly like JMM. What ever you are drinking on please put it down. Take your lady to Red Lobster have a drink and come back to earth. You are twisting my words. But anyway pick this post apart too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) is a blonde moment? Or did you mean blond moment?

moments? sure nearly losing every round too if guerrerro comes up in weight properly like marquez did the second time, then he'll be fine on that aspect but with blood testing will that be possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 16 2011, 07:42 AM
Post #22

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 16 2011, 05:15 AM) *
moments? sure nearly losing every round too if guerrerro comes up in weight properly like marquez did the second time, then he'll be fine on that aspect but with blood testing will that be possible

You bring up a great point with the weight issue. If Mayweather come in at a higher weight then what? JMM had some moments in the fight, he never hurt Mayweather it just gave the fans something to cheer about. Again I see the Guerror fight being similar.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 16 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 16 2011, 01:00 AM) *
You do know that just because you are the same height does not mean another person of the same height can have size or body mass on you. Marquez had moments in the fight against Mayweather. I repeat I think it will be a blow out but he will have moments just like JMM. I see this fight exactly like JMM. What ever you are drinking on please put it down. Take your lady to Red Lobster have a drink and come back to earth. You are twisting my words. But anyway pick this post apart too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) is a blonde moment? Or did you mean blond moment?

What freakin' moments did JMM have in the Mayweather fight??? Please, I'll wait! The only thing I saw land was that overhand left/right in the second round, which did nothing but make Floyd laugh and floor JMM just seconds later. Again, WHAT MOMENTS? Your words and thoughts got twisted up before they even flew out of your mouth or before you posted them, so you left me no work to do in regards to that. I NEED a drink right now after reading your post, but again, for the sake of maintaining employment, I will wait til later.

I absolutely agree with you in regards to the height vs weight/mass. Its the truth for the most part. Sadly, you had to drift off to another sport to help me get the point. Its not that I didn't get it, its the fact that you couldn't relate it to boxing. Now, if I was THAT slow and couldn't understand, then I would've taken your example as a great one (which it was), with no question. Since you constantly go out of your way to talk about the Mayweather/Corrales fight (and get owned afterwards), let's compare the height/weight issue to Diego Corrales (R.I.P.)

Corrales was tall as hell for the lower weights, but what happened when he moved up, the weight didn't agree with his height. Either that was the case, or he had very bad habits outside of the ring, though the weight/height issue was more than likely the primary issue of concern. You're right, just because guys are the same height, doesn't mean that they're built the same, let alone, able to carry the weight properly. Since I just said "properly", I will continue that portion when I get to Checkleft's post, since he pretty much enlightened me on that.

And PLEASE, dont say ANYTHING about my spelling. You have absolutley NO ROOM to talk about anybody's spelling. "Blond" has been spelled with an 'e', just as "whisky" can be spelled with an 'e' (whiskey). If I didn't know you any better, your life & death battles with spelling on this board would've led me to believe that you were a troll, and I would've got rid of you a long time ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ALL of your posts end the same way..."This post has been edited by Allmenjoi:" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Again, get your ducks in a row sweetheart (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif)

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 16 2011, 04:15 AM) *

+1

You said it just right...come up in weight PROPERLY like Marquez did the second time. A blood test should be given (just as Floyd never fails to mention), and he has every right to do it in this case as well. As bad as some of these fighters are publicly whoring for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight, there's no telling what extremes they will go to, just to have as much of an edge they could possibly have.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 16 2011, 07:42 AM) *
You bring up a great point with the weight issue. If Mayweather come in at a higher weight then what? JMM had some moments in the fight, he never hurt Mayweather it just gave the fans something to cheer about. Again I see the Guerror fight being similar.

Both Mayweather and Marquez were wrong about their weights in that fight. Mayweather more than likely 160 lbs on fight night, and he did nothing to even attempt to make the weight...he just forked over the penalty money. Marquez went about making the weight in all the wrong ways. We haven't seen Floyd come in as big as he did in the JMM, since then. Again, stop saying that JMM had his moments in that fight...just let it die already. There's no truth to that statement.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 16 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #24

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Are you saying Mayweather was 160 lbs vs Marquez on fight night? That's ridiculous. First of all there is no proof of that. Second, maybe he 'looked' bigger than normal because he was in there with a bloated JMM. Mayweather weighed 150 vs De La Hoya on fight night, actually losing 2 lbs from his official weigh in weight of 152 I believe. And most recently vs Ortiz he weighed in at 150 on fight night. Those are pretty much the only times HBO announced his weight on fight night. There is no way Floyd weighed anywhere near 160 vs Marquez. Not a chance.

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 16 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #25

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

Guerrero is like every other fighter who wants a big payday. However, I have no idea why people are gassing up Robert Guerrero... Maybe because he's a southpaw that can hit hard? I mean that's what people expect when they give someone a chance to beat Floyd Mayweather. You know, a good puncher; puncher's chance. I'm gonna be quite honest, I don't see anyone right now beating Floyd Mayweather, not until age gives up on him.

This fight would be nothing like the Mayweather-Marquez. I don't even know where Allmenjoi gets that idea. It'd probably be most similar to the Mayweather-Corley fight. I doubt Guerrero would ever get this fight. I do want to see him fight other fighters like Marquez, Maidana, Matthysse, and Broner.

I think someone else mentioned Amir Khan... I don't care what Khan haters say, Khan will always give Mayweather a tough fight to me. The fighters that give Mayweather the most trouble are fighters with quick hands and/or fighters that ignore punishment. Khan has very quick hands, a jab, not just a jab, but a jab he actually uses. Whens the last time Floyd Mayweather fought a pure boxer? Genaro Hernandez? Maybe Zab Judah.
In Khan's last fight, the thing about Peterson is that he sold out his face to bring pressure and fight him on the inside, knowing he wouldn't outbox Khan. Khan was trying to stick to his plan to outbox Peterson, knowing Peterson was better on the inside. It was anyone's game and the best man won. Now the thing about Mayweather is that he's not going to sell his condition to try and pressure Khan like Peterson did, he will probably be forced to be the aggressor, but he still will try to box Khan, which Khan's reach and hand speed will give him lots of trouble. Mayweather will still win the fight, being the smarter and more skilled boxer. Khan's biggest issue is that he likes to start off explosive and gas himself out. I also don't think he has the power for any sort of puncher's chance. I can see Mayweather winning just about every round, but it won't be a walk in the park, maybe not till the late rounds.

Cshel86, I don't know if you're trying to use Corrales' weight just to suss Allmenjoi out or not, but I don't think weight had any issue for Corrales. He was simply too slow, flat-footed, with no jab, to stand any chance against Mayweather's pure boxing style. And the bolded part is just pure ownage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This post has been edited by sduck: Dec 16 2011, 01:21 PM

+Quote Post
sduck
post Dec 16 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #26

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 16 2011, 01:10 PM) *
Are you saying Mayweather was 160 lbs vs Marquez on fight night? That's ridiculous. First of all there is no proof of that. Second, maybe he 'looked' bigger than normal because he was in there with a bloated JMM. Mayweather weighed 150 vs De La Hoya on fight night, actually losing 2 lbs from his official weigh in weight of 152 I believe. And most recently vs Ortiz he weighed in at 150 on fight night. Those are pretty much the only times HBO announced his weight on fight night. There is no way Floyd weighed anywhere near 160 vs Marquez. Not a chance.

That's true, like when he fought Ortiz, that was probably the biggest he ever looked but only came in at 150. That's not the only times, they announced his weight for Judah and Baldomir at 147, and many more times at lower weight classes.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 16 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #27

An inbred jackass...

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2011, 02:24 PM) *
That's true, like when he fought Ortiz, that was probably the biggest he ever looked but only came in at 150. That's not the only times, they announced his weight for Judah and Baldomir at 147, and many more times at lower weight classes.

Right well I know they didn't vs Marquez and Mosley. Not sure if they did with Hatton but i'm leaning towards no. But honestly how is there any logic in saying Mayweather came in at 160 when he has consistently weighed in at 150 on fight night?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 16 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Seek @ Dec 16 2011, 01:10 PM) *

Yep, Im sure he was 160 or AT LEAST 158 the night he fought Marquez. There is a chance. Marquez weighed 148 on fight night against Floyd and Floyd didn't allow them to weigh him on the unofficial scales, so yeah...thats a clear indicator, being the fact that he weighed in at 146 the day before. He was already catching flack about JMM being smaller from jump, so why even get on the unofficial scale and prove to people that he was waaaay bigger than JMM?

As far as the De La Hoya fight, he may have came down 2 pounds overnight, but thats according to his word, so we dont have sufficient evidence. Neither one of them were weighed on the unofficial scales, so we dont know. He weighed in at 150 at the weigh-in of the De La Hoya fight, and Oscar hit the 154 lb mark.

You're right, he did gain only 3 pounds overnight for the Ortiz fight, but that was only after about a 13-14 month lay-off (if you exclude the weeks that he started training) vs a 21 month lay-off before the JMM fight. HBO has announced his official weights in more than a few of his fights. He was 146 at the weigh-in AND on the unofficial scale for the Judah fight. He was 136.5 for the Corrales fight, 138 for the 2nd Castillo bout, 149 for the Baldomir fight, 142 for Brusseles, and a few others.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 16 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Cshel86, I don't know if you're trying to use Corrales' weight just to suss Allmenjoi out or not, but I don't think weight had any issue for Corrales. He was simply too slow, flat-footed, with no jab, to stand any chance against Mayweather's pure boxing style.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I was using Corrales's height (very tall for the lower weights) and "expected" weight gain to fill in that tall frame, to prove that it doesn't work for everybody...especially if its not done properly. I wasn't using it in comparison to his performance (or lack there of) against Floyd. I was actually giving her credit for saying that not everybody thats the same height, actually look the same and have the same mass and so forth. I just took it a step further by adding Corrales in there.

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 16 2011, 01:24 PM) *

+1

Though I tend to disagree about him looking the biggest against Ortiz. I actaully felt that he looked his biggest/strongest against Mosley, but we dont have unofficial weights for that fight, so I can roll with your point about the Ortiz fight, since the weight actually announced.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Dec 16 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #30

An inbred jackass...

It's still speculation. I just highly doubt he weighed in anywhere near 160 vs Marquez on fight night. 148 vs DLH and 150 vs Ortiz are clear indicators he doesn't rehydrate very much at all.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 09:07 AM