> Behind the Scenes, Haymon Is Shaking Up the Fight Game, nice article
pesticid
post Dec 18 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/18/sports/b...nted=1&_r=1

I am actually surprised that fighthype didn't write that, who knows maybe Ben and Percy have even more insight as far as Al Haymon goes
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Dec 18 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

This article is character assassination. They are bascially saying that Al is bad for the sport. Which is weird because Arum does the same thing. He is a promoter that puts his managers with his boxers. Al Haymon is doing something that promoters and managers hate, he is paying his boxers. Boxing is run mostly by Jews and white men. When they see a threat like Haymon is, he is getting all the credit, taking all the young talent and making them RICH! They do not get a cut.l The same thing happen with Suge Knight and Death Row, he was taking so much money from the major record companies that they had to put an end to it. Al is doing what a promoter or whatever the hell he is considers himself is suppose to do, make his fighters MONEY. I like that. He is Harvard educated and being a smart business is even better. I hope more guys run to Al Haymon, I am tired of the promoters and managers getting all the money and the boxers are left with 0. Pacquiao should sign with Haymon maybe he would get bigger purses in all the money he is suppose to get. This is a BS article and a spin. Now they are going to shift the blame to Al Haymon for the Pac and May fight not happening. It is not Arum's fault but Al Haymon. BS! But thanks for the article.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 18 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Al Haymon is taking money out of the promoters pocket and placing it into the hands of the fighters. I'm sure Arum Considers him the devil

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Dec 18 2011, 01:20 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

meh the article gives a brief over view of who Al is, since a lot of people me including were like WTF

+Quote Post
thehype
post Dec 18 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #5

CAESAR, H.M.I.C.

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 2

Not much new info regarding Al Haymon as it relates to boxing. Some good info on his background from the music industry however. I will say, however, that he's NOT standing in the way of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Everyone around Floyd believes 100% that Pacquiao is an EASY fight, so they're all more than eager to make the fight a reality.

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Dec 18 2011, 05:34 PM
Post #6

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (thehype @ Dec 18 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Not much new info regarding Al Haymon as it relates to boxing. Some good info on his background from the music industry however. I will say, however, that he's NOT standing in the way of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Everyone around Floyd believes 100% that Pacquiao is an EASY fight, so they're all more than eager to make the fight a reality.

From the article it seems that promoters in the sport are looking at his dealings from a legal standpoint. Have you heard anything/ what are your thoughts?

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #7

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 18 2011, 10:32 AM) *
This article is character assassination. They are bascially saying that Al is bad for the sport. Which is weird because Arum does the same thing. He is a promoter that puts his managers with his boxers. Al Haymon is doing something that promoters and managers hate, he is paying his boxers. Boxing is run mostly by Jews and white men. When they see a threat like Haymon is, he is getting all the credit, taking all the young talent and making them RICH! They do not get a cut.l The same thing happen with Suge Knight and Death Row, he was taking so much money from the major record companies that they had to put an end to it. Al is doing what a promoter or whatever the hell he is considers himself is suppose to do, make his fighters MONEY. I like that. He is Harvard educated and being a smart business is even better. I hope more guys run to Al Haymon, I am tired of the promoters and managers getting all the money and the boxers are left with 0. Pacquiao should sign with Haymon maybe he would get bigger purses in all the money he is suppose to get. This is a BS article and a spin. Now they are going to shift the blame to Al Haymon for the Pac and May fight not happening. It is not Arum's fault but Al Haymon. BS! But thanks for the article.

Breeeeaaathe.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 18 2011, 06:02 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/sigh-1.gif)

Clueless and overzealous (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #9

Welterweight

In general, I think it was a decent article and definitely, don't see it as character assassination. Then again, I am of the belief, most, if not all people/situations are like pancakes; no matter how flat, they have two sides to them.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Dec 18 2011, 07:47 PM
Post #10

Welterweight

The same thing happen with Suge Knight and Death Row, he was taking so much money from the major record companies that they had to put an end to it. .

Did you just create a parallel b/t Al Haymon & Suge Knight? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 02:06 AM