IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Showtime: Taylor and Direll Comebacks@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT), SPOLIERS 15 Mins. Later. (No Duplicate Threads or Public Streams)
Jack 1000
post Dec 30 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

For all action and post-fight reactions to these fights and this card. Please keep everything in this thread. Mods should close any other open threads about these fights before the start-time of this card, so that spoilers are not posted in those other threads.

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Jack 1000
post Dec 30 2011, 08:38 PM
Post #2

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Honestly,

I don't have much interest in this card, and will probably only watch the replay if something unexpected happens. Jermaine has suffered two career-ending type KO's and I don't think should be fighting anymore. Direll is a little more understandable with his comeback. The card might tell us if these guys are mentally and physically ready to continue their careers.

However, this is the kind of card that is designed to make them look good against an unknown. The unknowns will probably need a KO to win anyway, and all the pre-fight hype will be on how "great" these guys used to be. If this was an HBO fight. Lampley would be shaking the pom-poms full force.

I would still like to see matches with a little bit of doubt as to who is going to win, and am opposed to fights going in that can be perceived as mismatches. I mean, can we expect anything less than at the very least, a wide UD for the pom-pom guys? In Showbox's defense, they usually match up guys pretty evenly. Is this nothing more than to do what they can to make Jermain and Andre look good? ESPN material?

If they look like shit against these opponents, they almost have to call it a career. At least that's what it looks like on paper. Not too many fighters get serious threats their first fights back after such a long-layoff unless their health shows by struggling with a first fight back, they shouldn't come back in the first place.

If both win as expected, are either or both Andre and Jermain going to turn into another Jones or Holyfield who don't know when to stop fighting?

Jack

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 30 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

I'm interested in seeing how Andre D. looks, but not Taylor. Taylor's moment has passed him by. Hopefully nobody gets hurt too badly.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 30 2011, 11:18 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:14 PM) *
I'm interested in seeing how Andre D. looks, but not Taylor. Taylor's moment has passed him by. Hopefully nobody gets hurt too badly.

Bleeding from the brain and short-term memory loss?! What tha fuck is wrong with Taylor???

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 30 2011, 11:22 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man this ref looks like Steve Harvey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Box in Hand
post Dec 30 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #6

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 7,195

I'm so uninterested in this card I'm watching UFC instead.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 30 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 30 2011, 11:26 PM) *
I'm so uninterested in this card I'm watching UFC instead.

I find it funny that Im sending everyone else a freakin' stream for that fight, which works fine on their computer, but has yet to work on mine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Update: Wow, it works fine for the Showtime fight, but doesn't work for the UFC fight. Aint that a fat bitch???

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Dec 30 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #8

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

garcia v johnson is the first fight. it looks like a mismatch in garcia's favor. both of them seem winded but garcia is landing hard punches in rd 6

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Dec 30 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #9

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 30 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Man this ref looks like Steve Harvey (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Are you trying to say that every bald headed, light skinned guy with an insane moustache looks the same?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Dec 30 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 30 2011, 11:34 PM) *
garcia v johnson is the first fight. it looks like a mismatch in garcia's favor. both of them seem winded but garcia is landing hard punches in rd 6

Johnson is actin' like a little biotch (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) Conditioning is a bitch if you aren't mentally and physically prepared. He doesn't wanna continue...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 02:09 AM