IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bute Vs. Froch - Is Bute scared?, Why did the negotiations apparently stop?
Cheesey1
post Jan 17 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

What's up with the apparent reluctance of Bute's team to give Froch the second bout that he wants as part of the potential contract with Bute? I think that it's only fair, first match in Canada and the second in the U.K. The intention was that the second fight would only be necessary if the first one wasn't a clear victory for either boxer.

I thought I saw this on Ringtv.com, but couldn't find it anymore. If it does happen, who do you have?

I'm going with Froch, only because I like the shit talking that he does.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jan 17 2012, 07:29 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 17 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

in the uk froch, in canada bute, and thats how i see the fights panning out, but bute has a better chance in the uk than froch does in canada, because I doubt british boxing cares much about froch after he lost to ward in that manner and the super six. if that makes sense, while butes people still feel like they have something to lose if they lose which they do and they don't see really a 1 on his record means fuck all, but to the casual fans a 0 on his records means the guy is amazing and should be in the top ten p4p....

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 17 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 17 2012, 08:43 PM) *
in the uk froch, in canada bute, and thats how i see the fights panning out, but bute has a better chance in the uk than froch does in canada, because I doubt british boxing cares much about froch after he lost to ward in that manner and the super six. if that makes sense, while butes people still feel like they have something to lose if they lose which they do and they don't see really a 1 on his record means fuck all, but to the casual fans a 0 on his records means the guy is amazing and should be in the top ten p4p....

I think that Froch could win both, because I don't know if Bute has ever fought a guy like Froch who is a quality boxer that will bring the pressure. I haven't followed Bute's career, but I've seen some of his fights and I thought that dumb ass Edison Miranda was doing a good job against Bute until he left himself open for that wicked uppercut (I believe it was an uppercut).

Somebody who is currently in the U.K now like "fightscorecollector" could probably give a good idea of how Froch is perceived over there currently, but I don't think that his loss to Ward hurt his standing with the British public at all. His level of popularity before the Super Six (I don't believe) was that high and he's probably more famous now.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jan 17 2012, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 17 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I figured the fan base of both fighters would support them regardless, win or lose. I saw the article earlier, but didn't have time/make time to read it. So in other words...I will just STFU until I read it, then I'll come back with a response (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Jan 18 2012, 06:10 AM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

The fighters agreed. I heard it was Showtime that rejected the deal. They want Bute to fight an American.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 18 2012, 06:58 AM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 18 2012, 11:10 AM) *
The fighters agreed. I heard it was Showtime that rejected the deal. They want Bute to fight an American.

maybe one andre ward

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 18 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 18 2012, 06:10 AM) *

Okay, that makes sense, especially if, as mgrover said, it's S.o.G

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 18 2012, 09:28 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 17 2012, 11:12 PM) *
I figured the fan base of both fighters would support them regardless, win or lose. I saw the article earlier, but didn't have time/make time to read it. So in other words...I will just STFU until I read it, then I'll come back with a response (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

CShel sorry man, what were you saying....I was distracted by the clip of Melissa Guzman.

+Quote Post
Seek
post Jan 18 2012, 10:06 AM
Post #9

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Froch is a badass. Loses to Andre Ward and starts negotiating to fight Bute in his own backyard. Mad respect for Froch. I do want to see this fight. I prefer Bute Froch over Ward Bute actually

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 18 2012, 10:39 AM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 18 2012, 09:28 AM) *
CShel sorry man, what were you saying....I was distracted by the clip of Melissa Guzman.

I commend your admission of distraction sir (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 18 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Froch is a badass. Loses to Andre Ward and starts negotiating to fight Bute in his own backyard. Mad respect for Froch.

Now all he has to do is beat Bute, and Im sure that Ward loss would magically begin to leave our minds...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 02:56 PM