IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Showtime@ 11PM(ET)/8PM (PT) Rigondeaux vs. Ramos -, WBA Title Fight (SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later)
Cheesey1
post Jan 20 2012, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Guillermo Rigondeaux Vs. Rico Ramos.

Even though I'm not a massive fan of the lower weight classes, boxers like Guillermo Rigondeaux deserve all of the accolades that they get (IMO). This match up will be v. interesting.

I give Rigondeaux the advantage because he's extremely skilled, has the experience and knows how to seal the deal. GR by UD.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Seek
post Jan 20 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #2

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Ramos was struggling a bit with that Shamoda guy. Shamoda was boxing him real good and shutting Ramos out. I think he just got a little too over-confident and slipped up. I've watch a few fights of Guillermo and the dude has sick defense. They couldn't touch him. He's a little awkward sometimes with his punches. Mainly his uppercuts but he's got good power and he's very quick all around. I think he's going to give Ramos a lot of problems. I'll take Guillermo by UD

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 12:21 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Thanks for opening this topic Cheesey! I guess I will pin it up later. Im actually looking forward to this one. Ramos is a good fighter, though he seemed a bit off in his last fight that I saw against that Asian guy. Its almost like he couldn't get anything going.

As far as Rigondeaux, I dont ever recall watching him fight, but in all honesty, Im pretty sure I've watched him fight by accident (maybe on FNF, a big fight undercard, etc). I was the same with Jorge Arce and Wilfredo Vasquez, but it had just dawned on me this week, that I actually saw them fight on the Pac/Mosley undercard...and I actually ordered the shit.

From what I've been hearing though, Rigondeaux is nothing to play with, so I'll chceck him out later and make a prediction for the fight tonight! Great match up!

Update: Nevermind, Jack just pinned it up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 20 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 20 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Thanks for opening this topic Cheesey! I guess I will pin it up later. Im actually looking forward to this one. Ramos is a good fighter, though he seemed a bit off in his last fight that I saw against that Asian guy. Its almost like he couldn't get anything going.

As far as Rigondeaux, I dont ever recall watching him fight, but in all honesty, Im pretty sure I've watched him fight by accident (maybe on FNF, a big fight undercard, etc). I was the same with Jorge Arce and Wilfredo Vasquez, but it had just dawned on me this week, that I actually saw them fight on the Pac/Mosley undercard...and I actually ordered the shit.

From what I've been hearing though, Rigondeaux is nothing to play with, so I'll chceck him out later and make a prediction for the fight tonight! Great match up!

Update: Nevermind, Jack just pinned it up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

No problem. If I'd known that you guys were going to put it up I would've waited.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Jan 20 2012, 01:12 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Jan 20 2012, 01:20 PM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Seek @ Jan 20 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Ramos was struggling a bit with that Shamoda guy. Shamoda was boxing him real good and shutting Ramos out. I think he just got a little too over-confident and slipped up. I've watch a few fights of Guillermo and the dude has sick defense. They couldn't touch him. He's a little awkward sometimes with his punches. Mainly his uppercuts but he's got good power and he's very quick all around. I think he's going to give Ramos a lot of problems. I'll take Guillermo by UD

I didn't watch the whole Ramos/Shimoda bout and that's the only Ramos fight that I've seen, but what impressed me is how he snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Rigondeaux is yet another quality boxer from Cuba. Got to big up Cuban boxing.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 20 2012, 01:12 PM) *
No problem. If I'd known that you guys were going to put it up I would've waited.

Nah you're good. The fight almost went under the radar for me, since I haven't heard too much about it. I saw an article on the front page, but once again, my A.D.D. was in full swing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Jan 20 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #7

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

I will pin it up now,

It is a world championship and is enough to qualify as a pin-up type fight, (just barely.)

Jack

Administrator

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #8

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Man, is Chuck Giampa drunk? He kept fucking his lines up, then he got mad and said "shit" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Good way to start the card!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

First round goes to Villanueva...I like Ruiz's movement, but he got hit a few times.

10 - 9

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #10

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Ruiz is in trouble...Im sure he sees little birdies!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 07:01 AM