Total Votes: 27
Guests cannot vote 
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Okay, we all know what I mean by "Megafight", so there was no need to put the names in the title. As of the past 2 years, some have changed their predictions, while others have remained constant. Of course boxing is about skill first, then everything else follows, with that said, my answer is obvious.

However, I do have my reservations about certain things that Pacquiao does, that could possibly change the pace and/or results of the fight...or it could win him some rounds. As I stated earlier, people's predictions have changed due to the recent performances of both fighters since this fight was even talked up.

Please, and I repeat, please...this thread is ONLY for voting, explaining, and debating about their ring performances/advantages/disadvantages/training/whatever. Please keep all of that negotiating shit in the designated thread, and please be sure that it makes sense too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Again, let's please not hammer this negotiations thing, more than it's already been beat to death and resurrected.

*One more question, and I want everybody's answer on this (I wanna see how many FH Cheapos we have here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )...if this PPV exceeded $100, let's say $120...would you still order it? Yay? Nay?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 20 2012, 08:02 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

pacman by 10th round tko just watch

+Quote Post
riddick
post Jan 20 2012, 08:56 PM
Post #3

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,555

Floyd UD 60/40

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 09:04 PM
Post #4

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (mgrover @ Jan 20 2012, 08:02 PM) *
pacman by 10th round tko just watch

Well I cant disagree with you on this. Im glad there's some Pacquiao voters here, I would hate to hear all Mayweather votes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I will throw my Pacquiao twist to this soon, but other than that...

5 votes (excluding mine) and 2 responses (excluding mine)?! Say it aint so!!!

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Jan 20 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #5

Featherweight

Member No.: 13,282

I'd buy it even if it was north of $100. Once in a lifetime type boxing event.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 20 2012, 11:08 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

I'd give this to Floyd by UD of course, and depending upon how wreckless Manny gets, it could end in a TKO. Floyd has the straight right hand, which poses as a nightmare for a conventional fighter or a southpaw. Its not one of those punches that knocks you out, but it God forbid if you're in the middle of mounting an offense of your own and end up getting hit with it. It simply interrupts a fighter and forces them to reset.

Of course we know he has a great jab, foot movement (when he's moving), head movement, a reach advantage, and an accurate left hook. He's not a come forward type guy, so Manny will have to catch him at angles (which he is great at doing). There's no need for to go into his defense, that's a given. The only problem that he will have is adjusting without getting caught with anything.

Manny on the other hand, has the straight left (which is a deadly weapon because he uses it to hurt a guy), and his right hook has evolved a bit (which is a plus). I cant speak for his jab, because he usually gets out of position when he throws it, usually. As far as his defense, I haven't seen much that's truly noteworthy...but I would say that his offense IS his defense.

Manny does have a couple of weapons that he can use to change the pace/results of the fight. If dont remember these punches, then please look them up when you have time. Pac has a sort of overhand right & left hand that he throws, and gets out of the way quick. He used it against Marquez in the 2nd fight and he ran right into (I believe in the 9th or 10th round). He also used this same punch frequently in the 2nd Morales fight and definitely in the Hatton fight.

We all know that Floyd doesn't just stand there and get hit, but if this punch lands during an exchange, then we may see something different. As far as I see it, Floyd has more weapons in his arsenal, but Pac has few weapons that make a big impact.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Jan 21 2012, 12:01 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

i only said what i said to stirr up the hornets nest, i think it will be a 116-113 type affair to floyd. i doubt floyd ll attempt an offense against pac, hes going to either potshot his way or counter, but he aint risking attacking a guy who will most likely attack the second your in range whos as fast as him maybe faster

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 21 2012, 12:12 AM
Post #8

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Picked mayweather by ud. We already saw what great timing will do to manny, better timing will make almost a sparring session if mayweather has time to make his adjustments, with a few exciting spurts here and there

+Quote Post
un01
post Jan 21 2012, 02:44 AM
Post #9

Strawweight

Member No.: 13,229

i think mayweather will win by close UD. it will be a really interesting fight. mayweather is more evasive then marquez and is not gonna counter as much when manny trys to come in. floyd likes to pop shot more then anything, but if manny pressures him all night and doesnt stand around he can avoid those pop shots, but the most interesting part to me is floyd's sudden willingness to stay in the middle of the ring.

This post has been edited by un01: Jan 21 2012, 02:52 AM

+Quote Post
Hops
post Jan 21 2012, 03:17 AM
Post #10

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 10,849

The only people who are gonna time Pacquiao are those with tough chins. Timing alone isnt enough. Floyd will do a RJJ vs Tarver here.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 04:46 PM