IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why does fighthype..., STILL ALLOW IDIOTS TO AUTHOR THREADS???
leonthegee
post Jan 24 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (UglyPug @ Jan 24 2012, 02:52 AM) *
Damn I hate to talk about Floyd/Manny. . . It has been run into the ground. . . But I just wanted to know what's up with the favoritism fighthype shows towards Floyd? Why sacrifice journalistic integrity just to try to help your favorite fighter out? Ben Thompson is a good writer, who is able to convey and express his opinions very well; indeed, a very well spoken gent. . . But I just can't help but notice how every article is pro-Floyd?

I mean, yeah Im sure Arum isn't helping the issue, but WHY WOULD FLOYD demand more than 50%? Wasn't that agreed upon ages ago? How can he still be pointing the finger at Arum, and not placing majority (or at least half of it) on Floyd himself?

You can make good, logical arguments for either side being more deserving of the lion's share. . . but they essentially negate each other out, and unless they want to do a winner take all, or winner take lion's share, THE ONLY LOGICAL split is 50/50 on everything. . .

Please don't "ban" me for this. . . I really just want to know why. . .

Mannys making 6 to 7 mil per fight and Floyds making 40 to 50. If I was Floyd I wouldnt give Manny 50% of shit. Somebody has to pay Arum. Hes Mannys promoter it should be out of Mannys end. From a business prospective it makes sense. As a fight fan it pisses me off.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Jan 24 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

It is amazing how truth can be considered biased. People eat up Arum's filth like it is prime steak. The moment an article questions Arum all of the sudden it is biased. The truth is people who investigate what really has been happening these past two now going on three years can clearly see that Arum and Pacquiao's camp does not want this fight.

You quickly point out that Mayweather does not want a 50/50 spilt but you fail to mention that Pacquiao said that he would take a smaller purse in order to make the fight. So how is it that Floyd agreed that Manny will take the smaller purse that it is his fault. Pacquiao should of never said anything about taking a smaller purse knowing that Arum would rather convert to Islam than take a smaller purse in a big fight like this.

The blame can be put on both camps shoulders, but from what I read on the front page this morning, Arum seems to be the one with a million excuses and not Mayweather. Do not let the media pick your heroes and villains. And why would Ben put quotes from other journalist that is basically Arum's BS and lies? Maybe the journalist that work on this site know the truth and can see right through the BS.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Jan 24 2012, 09:45 AM
Post #13

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

The thing is, why NOT fight on May 5th? I have a guaranteed date, time and venue. You have a fictional one you thought of that's completely subject to setbacks. I'm supposed to relinquish the most profitable day in May, and one of the best dates in boxing, to take a chance on a venue that may not even be ready in time, all so you can charge fans astronomical prices for nosebleed seats? ...especially when any real boxing fan knows the real money is in the PPV buys.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Jan 24 2012, 09:47 AM

+Quote Post
Run and Gun Game...
post Jan 24 2012, 10:07 AM
Post #14

Welterweight

Member No.: 195

ben thompson knows if he is more objective he losses access to floyd mayweather period.

+Quote Post
dhoward126
post Jan 24 2012, 10:09 AM
Post #15

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 11,548

I'm not pro-Floyd as I am anti-Arum, but if it's not pro-Pacquiao, we get threads like this.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #16

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Word to the wise...if you have any questions, concerns, or any "feminine build-up" that you need to get off of your chest, then by all means, utilize the email or personal message method to voice your concerns. Judging by Mr. UglyPug or whatever the fuck his name is, his logic is questionable at best, and the proof is in the pudding. It's funny how a butt-hurt, clueless little shetland pony, feels the need to voice his opinion in such an ignorant manner.

The SMARTEST thing to do, is open an "inquisitive" thread that slowly turns into a bash thread (sarcasm). He was even smarter for posting it on the website that he's questioning. If guys aren't upset with the "big fight" happening, then they go to Plan B and point the finger at the site, that they feel is "pro Mayweather".

Truthfully, this "big fight" mess has truly brought the estrogen out of some "manly men" in this small world that we live in, and has also brought the cowardly ignorance out of others (racist comments, personal threats, etc).

So from now on, if you have ANY comments, please email them to us along with the rest of the pissing and moaning about the site, the writers, fighters, etc. so it can be posted on the front page mailbags. This way, the world will have the great pleasure of viewing your idiocy and prove how the speed of stupidity travels (which is lightning fast), and we will also know you by name.

Nobody around here cares what you think or say about the fighters, but when the writers' name(s) are brought up as another outlet for you to get shit off of your chest and out of your mouth, then that's another issue. Threads like this are utterly stupid and really makes me want to request my time back...the time that wasted reading it. Wow, I hope I can actually go out and face the world again.

Again, NOBODY cares what you write about the fighters, but when the staff of the site's name(s) are brought up, or their work has been shitted on because you hate a fighter SO much, then that'a a problem...and people should REALLY get their emotions in check.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Open...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 24 2012, 06:24 PM
Post #18

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (UglyPug @ Jan 24 2012, 06:52 AM) *
Damn I hate to talk about Floyd/Manny. . . It has been run into the ground. . . But I just wanted to know what's up with the favoritism fighthype shows towards Floyd? Why sacrifice journalistic integrity just to try to help your favorite fighter out? Ben Thompson is a good writer, who is able to convey and express his opinions very well; indeed, a very well spoken gent. . . But I just can't help but notice how every article is pro-Floyd?

I mean, yeah Im sure Arum isn't helping the issue, but WHY WOULD FLOYD demand more than 50%? Wasn't that agreed upon ages ago? How can he still be pointing the finger at Arum, and not placing majority (or at least half of it) on Floyd himself?

You can make good, logical arguments for either side being more deserving of the lion's share. . . but they essentially negate each other out, and unless they want to do a winner take all, or winner take lion's share, THE ONLY LOGICAL split is 50/50 on everything. . .

Please don't "ban" me for this. . . I really just want to know why. . .

which website is telling both sides of the story? philboxing? maxboxing? boxingscene? eastsideboxing?

i wouldn't call fighthype pro-mayweather even though it's the only site that u can hear his side of the story unfiltered. there are plenty of posters here that do not totally agree with all that is said here. everyone is allowed to voice their opinions. what i love about the site is that the writers are pretty much down the middle in my opinion. they interview guys like ariza and give him a voice when arum gives the rest of the sites their cue cards so they can be sure to follow the script. the other cool thing about this site is that the writers aren't full of themselves and think they are the story unlike some other lame sites with lame writers trying to pass themselves off as experts or hard hitting journalists. bottom line in all of it...if u don't like what fighthype is reporting on...feel free to log onto another site. there are plenty out there. if u ever figure it out...u'll realize that this one is pretty much the best. at that point, i'm sure u'll be welcomed back. til then...cheers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Jan 24 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #19

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (leonthegee @ Jan 24 2012, 10:06 AM) *
Mannys making 6 to 7 mil per fight and Floyds making 40 to 50. If I was Floyd I wouldnt give Manny 50% of shit. Somebody has to pay Arum. Hes Mannys promoter it should be out of Mannys end. From a business prospective it makes sense. As a fight fan it pisses me off.

when u put their numbers side by side against the same opposition...it's no contest. pac doesn't even come close. he's already said publicly he would fight for less. he doesn't deserve 50% in my opinion. floyd should stick to his guns on that. pac is not in the drivers seat...especially after what should have been a loss to marquez. pac loses his next fight. he's not beating cotto, bradley, marquez ...peterson is his best shot.

as a fan, i've given up on this fight happening. anyone that thinks arum would serve up his manufactured prized cash cow to "the one who got away" is living in fantasy land. it's not going to happen.

i'm more interested in seeing floyd/cotto after cotto avenges his loss to pac.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Jan 24 2012, 06:58 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

All sites are biased. I've been on other sites and this is the most unbiased one I'VE come across. But everybody is going to have some sort of bias, that's why we are supposed to think for ourselves and formulate our own educated opinions with the best resources available. Not come on a board moan and bitch about something you don't like hearing. If you don't like what your hearing here there are plenty of other sites, like boxingscene, that report the kind of bs you seem to like.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 05:29 PM