IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why do Pacquaio's PPVs consistently sell less than Floyd's, Numbers don't lie.
PlayaPartner
post Jan 24 2012, 03:14 PM
Post #41

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,905

Lets agree on something fight fans. The bigger question is at the end of the day how much of that money generated does each fighter take home. I am sure you all can agree that Maywether takes home much more than Pac. Actually Pac has to fight 2 or 3 times a year to take home what Floyd takes home in 1 fight. So, whom is the smartest fighter? Maywether, Whom can control and does control his career? Maywether. Pac has to get Arum to lend him money before each fight. The dumb thing about that is he is lending him his own money. This is why. Revenue from PPV comes in between 3 months and a year and a half after the fight. Arum gurantees Pac purses and only pays him a portion up front. The rest of the gurantee is paid after PPV revenue comes in. If you do not have a good finance team you will not be able to keep up with the percentage of revenue you get from the PPV and other endorsements. When Pac contracted the outside consultants they found that there was missing money. Money that should have been but was never paid to Pac. They also found seperate pay out books and seperate purse gurantees that were recorded with Vegas.

So, it really does not matter if you are a bigger draw if you only see half the revenue. This is one of the problems with Arum and why he says he can gurantee Pacs purse and not Maywether's. He knows that Maywether will get a true gurantee of front. Meaning he will require all of the gurantee before the fight. Arum will only pay Pac a percentage and gurantee the purse but pay it on contingency if the fight produces a certain ammount of revenue. This is the oldest trick in the book. Don King and Bob Arum perfected this method and cheated a lot of fighters out of their money. because fighters did not have the accountants to verify that they recieved the correct ammount. This is why fighters sue the promoters over missing revenue. Revenue that they did not get and yes these fighters had guranteed purses.

This is why Arum said if he gurantees floyds purse he needs a percentage of the purse. This is his slick way of stealing money form a fighter. Why do you need a percentage if your guranteeing something. And if you got a percentage wouldn't that make the guarantee less. Example $50 million guarante. I want 15% to give you the guarantee. So, you owe me $7.5million now I am only guranteeing $42.5 million. If I do that to both fighters I\I just stole $15 million up front. I got $15 million before the fight starts. It gets worse ( Arum gets 27% of Pac's purse gurantee. So he would get 13.5million from Pac and 7.5 from Floyd. That is $20 million up front for him and he doesn't swing a punch.

This post has been edited by PlayaPartner: Jan 24 2012, 03:25 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
johnnyblaze
post Jan 24 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #42

I touched the little kid on my avatar...

Member No.: 13,118

Who gives a fvck how much they make or take home?

Do you get a cut?

It's a 50-50 fight, take the offer Floyd.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Jan 24 2012, 03:16 PM) *

Do you get a cut?

Aren't you violating your parole by surfing the web?...especially after that incident you had with that little boy in the park.

+Quote Post
johnnyblaze
post Jan 24 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #44

QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Jan 24 2012, 04:13 PM) *
Kirkland - Ishida was a middleweight fight, ace.

Also, HBO never released official numbers for Ortiz - Floyd.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Jan 24 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #45

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 03:12 PM) *
This has nothing to do with you...move outta the way...

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) I was commenting on the numbers not being known not really your post. You must be on that Remmy, you are feeling yourself today

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 03:26 PM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Jan 24 2012, 03:23 PM) *
Fascinating!

I bet if you were in charge they'd have already changed the name to FloydHype.

I guess advertising for Floyd on the front page and giving softball interviews is close enough for now.

Weren't you that dumb troll that used to go back and forth with daprofessor??? I knew I remembered your ass. Wow, I thought Extant was the most mentally challenged guy on here today, but I see that you're quickly catching up. Keep it up...you're impressing us all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

+Quote Post
johnnyblaze
post Jan 24 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #47

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 24 2012, 04:26 PM) *
Weren't you that dumb troll that used to go back and forth with daprofessor??? I knew I remembered your ass. Wow, I thought Extant was the most mentally challenged guy on here today, but I see that you're quickly catching up. Keep it up...you're impressing us all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ok.gif)

More interesting info. Keep it coming.

+Quote Post
PlayaPartner
post Jan 24 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #48

Amateur

Member No.: 10,905

QUOTE (johnnyblaze @ Jan 24 2012, 04:16 PM) *

Do you get a cut?

Evidently you care or you would not have read the post. Yes I do get a cut. Floyd is very generous about allowing the smaller vendors to make money on his promotions. Tell your momma I said hello.

+Quote Post
johnnyblaze
post Jan 24 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #49

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Jan 24 2012, 12:35 PM) *
Simple question. Facts are facts. Why, in spite of the supposed worldwide infestation of Manny Pacquio's supporters, do Manny Pacquio's PPV's sell less than Floyd Mayweather's?

Simple, more people would rather watch Floyd, for whatever reason, they'd rather watch FM.

Why does Pac do better at the gate than Floyd?

Floyd hasn't sold out a fight since Hatton.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Jan 24 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Jan 24 2012, 03:24 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wtf.gif) I was commenting on the numbers not being known not really your post. You must be on that Remmy, you are feeling yourself today

Move along, there's enough stupidity going on in this thread...your unbearable contribution would be an overload. Move along...

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 08:52 AM