IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley (Poll Added), Undercard Discussion (Topics Merged)
Bradley vs Pacquiao
Who takes it?
Bradley by decision (close) [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
Bradley by decision (wide) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Bradley by KO/TKO [ 3 ] ** [10.00%]
Pacquiao by decision (close) [ 12 ] ** [40.00%]
Pacquiao by decision (wide) [ 4 ] ** [13.33%]
Pacquiao by KO/TKO [ 6 ] ** [20.00%]
Draw [ 1 ] ** [3.33%]
DQ (Indicate loser in response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 
MaxPayne
post Feb 1 2012, 02:53 PM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Let's talk business.

This is basically a done deal, given that Floyd and Cotto are fighting each other.

The question I have, is this: is it necessarily a done deal that Pacquiao will walk through Bradley?

I really don't think so. Bradley is young. He's good defensively. He has excellent movement and a good jab. I think the range of punches he throws is limited, because he relies mostly on hooks and jabs, but even then, the guy is a very good fighter.

How do you guys see this fight going ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 1 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

Tim Bradley is a tough fight for anybody, hands down. He will do a better job than Diaz did of bullying Pac, and in the case of a clash of heads and Pac gets the worst of it...then Tim will be on the upside of the situation. He will take advantage of getting off first on the inside, and if he makes it a clinch-fight, then Pac may also be in a compromising position. With that said, Tim has to get Pacquiao uncomfortable first, then he can implement his usual fight game.

Problem is, Pac has fought Bradley-type fighters, unfortunately, Bradley hasn't experienced the same. The biggest question is, can Bradley take a Pacquiao punch when it comes down to it? I've seen Timmy deal with some adversary in the ring, but the adversary and frustration that comes along with fighting Manny, can only be handled certain fighters...more so, fighters who dont allow Pac to freely impose his will without working for it.

With this said, if we see the laid-back but aggressive Bradley, then it may be a short night for him. If he bullies Pac and get him out of his game, then he MAY have a chance to win some decent rounds. I just see him being a bit too slow and inexperienced to deal with Pac's shit. Think about it, a Bradley/Pac fight wont get as much attention as the current FMJ/Cotto fight, so Pac will go out of his way to beat the shit outta Bradley and give him a devastating first loss...

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post Feb 1 2012, 03:31 PM
Post #3

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

I don't like Bradley's straight head down the pipe "punch". However I must admit he is one of those better seasoned "youngsters" out there. Good jab, movement...needs to learn to throw straight punches though.

His warrior mentality could be a good mix with Pac's relentlessness, that's for sure. But somethings telling me that nobody from these young guns has the right tools to beat big names...not yet.

Off topic : Pac-Marquez is definitely out of the table ?

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 1 2012, 03:58 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

this is a great fight.

i can see bradley winning.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Feb 1 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Im gonna lay down my first prediction....

There is going to be a knockout in this fight should it be made,...

Bradley's bodywork crumbles Pac over..

Hahahahahahahahahahaahaaha

+Quote Post
Seek
post Feb 1 2012, 04:31 PM
Post #6

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

Bradley could very well win this fight. He can mix it up with a good straight right and puts in very effective body work. Two handed fighter. Good defense, speed and footwork. I think his power is underrated. He's just not a great finisher. I think he'll come in with a plan a b and c. I like his trainer too, he gives good advice and they got good chemistry. Props to Manny for taking this fight if it happens. Bradley deserves it and won't dissappoint

+Quote Post
Seek
post Feb 1 2012, 04:40 PM
Post #7

An inbred jackass...

Group: Banned
Member No.: 10,971

If Team Pacquiao was smart, they would fight Lamont Peterson. Then fight the winner of Marquez and Bradley. They're bound to look good in a fight vs Peterson and probably get a knockout. If they fight Bradley, I expect the myth of Pacquiao declining to become even more popular. Fact of the matter is when you put Pacquiao in there with a live opponent who can box and stick to his own game plan, he's going to look ordinary. We'll see what happens

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 1 2012, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I think Bradley's one advantage is that It's been a while since Manny's had a brawl. I don't mean trading punches. It's been a while since Manny's been in a fight where their will be holding, pushing, shoving, smothering of punches and of course headbutts. I think Bradley's best chance is to do to Manny what Hatton did to Tszyu. If Bradley stays on the outside, I think Manny will beat that bowling ball head like a drum. He's going to look like Martin Lawrence vs Tommy Hearns

(IMG:http://beautyjackson.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/martin.png)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 1 2012, 05:07 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

i've been saying it for quite some time....bradley will beat pac. now i'm just praying for a cotto win. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 1 2012, 05:39 PM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

pac wins UD or TKO.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 07:06 AM