BoxingStill#1
post Feb 5 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #11

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,594

He fights Jesus Pabon March 2nd.

Just in case you don't know who

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=...4&cat=boxer o he is .....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 6 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #12

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

not making weight is a serious issue for guzman...but i can't call it lack of discipline. i just watched a great show on hbo which tracked brandon rios and showed his inability to make weight in his last fight. he trained the way he normally trained....but did not eat the week of the fight. that shows me a serious lack of understanding by him and his ppl on how the body works. there needs to be serious education in boxing. as for guzman...i believe there's an issue he may not be aware of. a thyroid problem....or some kind of chemical imbalance. the problem is, most of these fighters do not have health insurance and aren't exactly the type to go to doctors in the first place. if detected, those problems can be manageable. his ppl need to look out for him. he was definitely a serious talent who should have accomplished more in his career.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 6 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Hell I would've never known that most of these fighters dont have insurance. I would think they did, being the fact that they are involved in a contact sport. Hell, I hop in my car every day to get from A to B, and Im not insured yet (healthcare), so that may very well be the case with some of these fighters with no health insurance.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 7 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #14

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 12:29 AM) *
Hell I would've never known that most of these fighters dont have insurance. I would think they did, being the fact that they are involved in a contact sport. Hell, I hop in my car every day to get from A to B, and Im not insured yet (healthcare), so that may very well be the case with some of these fighters with no health insurance.

there needs to be something made available to them...but that is at the bottom of a loooooooong list of things that need to change in boxing. in the amateurs....they have health insurance for accidents...but i don't believe u can go to the dr for something like a thyroid problem. i believe it's only for injuries. the deductable is high as fuck too.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 7 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 7 2012, 01:45 PM) *
there needs to be something made available to them...but that is at the bottom of a loooooooong list of things that need to change in boxing. in the amateurs....they have health insurance for accidents...but i don't believe u can go to the dr for something like a thyroid problem. i believe it's only for injuries. the deductable is high as fuck too.

Health insurance just for accidents??? WTF? What kind of health insurance is that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No need in inquiring something about your own body and hoping to get it checked out. Hell, in the event of an "accident", I guess they will find other things wrong in the process...sort of reminds me of a car shop...you take it to get one thing fixed, and they find other shit!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 7 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 7 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Health insurance just for accidents??? WTF? What kind of health insurance is that? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No need in inquiring something about your own body and hoping to get it checked out. Hell, in the event of an "accident", I guess they will find other things wrong in the process...sort of reminds me of a car shop...you take it to get one thing fixed, and they find other shit!

anyone who registers with usa boxing is covered.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 05:17 PM