IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit, Post Fight Update: Diaz Fails Post Fight Drug Test
MaxPayne
post Feb 5 2012, 04:56 PM
Post #1

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

I had Diaz winning rounds 1,2 and 5. Round 3 was a toss-up and Round 4 was the only one where I had Condit winning.

If you're going to fight literally running away or backing up the whole time, the only way you should be able to win is by landing powerful counter strikes. He didn't do any of that. Just kept landing pitter patter leg kicks, which are the equivalent of jabs in boxing.

You land a jab or a leg kick to set up a power strike, like a right cross, a hook or a kick to the face. How many spinning elbows did Condit land ? 0. How many flying knees did Condit land ? 0. How many combinations did Condit land ? A bare handful. How many high kicks did he land ? 2. Everything else got blocked or dodged.

Diaz spent the whole fight coming forward and landed the cleaner, more powerful shots, including getting a takedown in Round 5 and getting in position for a Body Triangle.

I understand people wanting to fight a tactical fight, but Condit fought not to lose instead of trying to win. Those leg kicks he landed ? Half of those shots were feeble and simply "shoe shining" as we say in boxing, because the letter of the law states that it's a landed shot. How many times did you see Diaz stopped in his tracks or have his head snap back ? Practically 0.

Condit can have his belt, but it doesn't mean jack shit to me. He, and everyone in that Jackson camp talked a lot of shit about how they wanted to "bury" Nick Diaz. Well, instead, you fought like a bitch and used the "unified rules" to your advantage. He should change his name to "Natural Born Runner" and maybe join the US Olympics team, after that performance.

If Diaz is serious about retiring, then I'm finished with MMA. He was the only guy truly worth watching in the sport.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 11:47 AM