Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flooyd, Bhop and Toney are all..., Racists
pesticid
post Feb 17 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #1

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

Yet, everybody jumps to excuses as far as why they aren't and what their upbringing could've had to do with the fact that they are ignorant and bigots, but let's face it most people that are racists are such because they are ignorant. I enjoy watching Floyd and Toney, my two favourite fighters, but the fact is that they are racists and I'll never care to be around them in any social situation.

I believe Bhop is the worst though and he's spiteful too, the McNabb comments, the Zaghe comments. This man is a complete moron. Unfortuantely there is a doubdle standard when it comes to racism. Imagine if Pavlik made the same comments that Bhop, Toney and Floyd have made.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
flazi
post Feb 17 2012, 03:49 AM
Post #2

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 1,846

not racist just ignorant. how can toney be racist when his trainer and first manager where white/jewish? he loved that lady. racism is way different than ignorance. that term is being throw out there too much, check out the definition of the word.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 17 2012, 06:37 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 17 2012, 12:49 AM) *
not racist just ignorant. how can toney be racist when his trainer and first manager where white/jewish? he loved that lady. racism is way different than ignorance. that term is being throw out there too much, check out the definition of the word.

A black man cant support a black athlete in this country?

+Quote Post
MaxPayne
post Feb 17 2012, 08:07 AM
Post #4

Featherweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 13,282

Honestly, who gives a fuck ? If they want to say racially charged shit, then let them speak their peace. These guys get punched in the face for a living. You can't expect them to conform to all societal standards. As long as they don't break the law, and when they do, face the consequences, which is good enough for me.

Why do we expect these guys not to say what's really on their mind ? They're not politicians, they're boxers.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 17 2012, 08:17 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

racism is a crime in this country (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 17 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #6

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

They're bigots more than racists, but hey, let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.

+Quote Post
pcraw
post Feb 17 2012, 09:21 AM
Post #7

The Talent

Member No.: 6,158

Well I can't speak for the other two, but Toney's wife is mixed and her dad is white and he seems to get along with him pretty good when I've heard them in each others presence. I agree with Flazi and Max on this. But Toney isn't a racist. He treated Jackie Kallen as a mother figure. Racist would never do that...especially a much younger version where he was a hot head.

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 17 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #8

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

Floyd is only stating the obvious. When the front page of the NY times says "Amasian" and were suspoded to believe race insint part of this story. And now all these fake ass NBA analysts on TV making Carmelo out to be this selfish player when hes not. Its what I like to call the "Manny Pacquiao effect."

You have a player dominating a sport for so long (Floyd, Carmelo) and out of the blue comes some player from no where (Manny, Lin) and everybody just crowns them the big fish. Without knocking off the big dogs (without beating Floyd and only playing for 2 weeks). And of course in America we choose sides so somebody has to play the good/bad guy. So why not let Floyd/Carmelo be the bad guys. Their rich and black so it fits.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

I asked myself why I even read this, then I immediately filed it under "mind candy" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 17 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #10

ON the edge

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 240

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 12:36 AM) *
I enjoy watching Floyd and Toney, my two favourite fighters, but the fact is that they are racists and I'll never care to be around them in any social situation.

Just a hunch, but I doubt you'll be hanging out with them any time soon so don't sweat it.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 12:44 PM