Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flooyd, Bhop and Toney are all..., Racists
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 07:36 PM
Post #21

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Wow...sounds like somebody's pussy is hurting. Who gives a damn what they say, really? Why is your ass hurting so bad?

Let's see how long it takes for somebody's emotions to run high and go off on a racist rant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 17 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #22

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Wow...sounds like somebody's pussy is hurting. [b]Who gives a damn what they say, really?[/b] Why is your ass hurting so bad?

Let's see how long it takes for somebody's emotions to run high and go off on a racist rant (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

They are public figures and their opinions weigh unfortunately a lot more than yours or mine. So obviously people give a damn.
Nobody is starting a racist rant unless Floyd is a member here. So relax a little with pussy and ass hurting - that just makes you look bad. You are an admin here, there is no need for you to try belittle people when nobody has said nothing derogatory towards you.

This post has been edited by pesticid: Feb 17 2012, 07:59 PM

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 17 2012, 08:15 PM
Post #23

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (sduck @ Feb 17 2012, 05:28 PM) *
This just goes back to the whole race war thing. Whites are more penalized for the racial things they say, than any other race. Especially in America. As you said, if someone like Pavlik were to make those kinds of remarks people would be quick to call him a racist. It's a double standard... That double standard doesn't ensure that a minority can't be called racist, they're just least-likely in comparison... They'd usually have to be already hated or say something FLAT OUT racist. While a white person can point and say something like, "that black guy over there" and some people act like he's a KKK member... just sayin.

You are absolutely correct, it is unfortunate that in this day and age that we have that double standard but it does exist. But it's also alarming to me the divisions that go on in each race. And now we have a "class war" breaking out, it's like you either got it or ya don't. unfortunately for whites today they have to bare that burden of things that happened in the past but every race has something like that they carry with them. I know as an African-American male there are certain perceptions about me that aren't true...and the same could be said for mexicans, whites, Asians and so forth.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 10:01 PM
Post #24

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 07:58 PM) *
They are public figures and their opinions weigh unfortunately a lot more than yours or mine. So obviously people give a damn.
Nobody is starting a racist rant unless Floyd is a member here. So relax a little with pussy and ass hurting - that just makes you look bad. You are an admin here, there is no need for you to try belittle people when nobody has said nothing derogatory towards you.

How am I trying to belittle someone when you go on this retarded tangent about somebody being racist? Not only did you decide to go on this delusional conquest to enlighten us on "public figures" who are racist, you dont even have your shit together. So again, you're doing a good job of belittling yourself, no need for my assistance.

Opening a thread about somebody being racist, is probably not the most responsible thing to do...it usually doesn't end well. Besides, these guys are boxers for God's sake, so Im trying to see how they are these big public figures that you speak of.

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 17 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #25

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i wish tupac was here

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 18 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #26

Bantamweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 10:01 PM) *
How am I trying to belittle someone when go on this retarded tangent about somebody being racist? Not only did you decide to go on this delusional conquest to enlighten us on "public figures" who are racist, you dont even have your shit together. So again, you're doing a good job of belittling yourself, no need for my assistance.

Opening a thread about somebody being racist, is probably not the most responsible thing to do...it usually doesn't end well. Besides, these guys are boxers for God's sake, so Im trying to see they are these big public figures that you speak of.

If you can't argue the facts why bother? Your posts in this thread have no substance. Mayweather is not a public figure? Why don't you go the library and grab a dictionary. Actually, just google it and see what public figure is. You sound worse and worse with every passing minute. I have voiced my opinion and supported it with facts. If you can't deal with it fine, but offer something of substance with respect to the thread. Like I said you make yourself look bad, like you don't have your shit together.

This post has been edited by pesticid: Feb 18 2012, 09:13 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 18 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #27

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 17 2012, 01:46 PM) *
So yeah they are all racists and I am fine with that, I don't want them to be blackballed, fined, whatever punishment there could be for a racist person. I'm bringing it up cause I am sick of people making excuses for racists and if they say all three of them, yeah we're racists that would be great. At least they won't be hypocrite. Now they are racists and hypocrites too, which is worse.

Again, what's your fuckin' point? Okay, they said things could have been filed under racist/prejudice, whatever. They aren't the only ones who've said things of this nature, but again, what can we do about it?

The funny part about it is, you claim that these guys are your favorite fighters, but CONTINUE to cry about them being racist. If I felt a "public figure" was racist, then I wouldn't be walking around talking about they're my favorite in whatever their expertise may be.

If I named a "public figure" that I felt was racist, then that means I could name somebody outside of the sport, which would be going outside of the point, right? Discussing racism is a touchy subject, and only leads to a pointless game of "duck, duck, goose"...the goose being the first asshole who rants some racist shit out frustration, because they cant make their point.

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 18 2012, 09:12 AM) *
If you can't argue the facts why bother? Your posts in this thread have no substance. Mayweather is not a public figure? Why don't you go the library and grab a dictionary. Actually, just google it and see what public figure is. You sound worse and worse with every passing minute. I have voiced my opinion and supported it with facts. If you can't deal with it fine, but offer something of substance with respect to the thread. Like I said you make yourself look bad, like you don't have your shit together.

Your opinion isn't helping you at all sir. I mean damn, a FH author (Pcraw - Percy Crawford) gave you some decent insight in this thread about James Toney, and it totally went over your head, because you were too busy trying to shove your point down our throat. You are crying about these guys being racist, but you still support what they do, so again, what's your point?

Are you trying to tell us not to support them in the ring? Nobody's defending these guys, seriously. If my memory serves me correctly, Hopkins had an article a few months ago, and he spoke about Mayweather...basically alluding to the fact that he makes black people look bad. What do you have to say about that?

James Toney has talked a decent of shit about Hopkins, which Im sure had a bit of self-prejudice talk in there. Hell, Ali used to say all kinds of shit about Joe Frazier, which alluded to him being a gorilla and an uncle tom, and he even brought a stuffed animal (gorilla) to one of the pressers. Ali knew the deal about racism, and he voiced it back then, so again, what's your point?

Slavery is still a BIG subject today, and African Americans were treated like shit, to say the least, so I guess that makes other races careful about what they say about African Americans, being the fact that they appeared to be the victim.

Maybe that answers your question, when you ask why people defend them, bu it may not completely cover it. Truthfully, YOU are defending them as well, especially since they're your "favorite fighters". So how does this sound?..."Man Mayweather is racist as shit, but he's the best in that ring!" Do the math...

As a matter of fact, I mentioned this in another thread about Mayweather...if you were to read some of the comments on some of the articles on the front page or other sites, you have guys calling him and his family monkeys, spear chuckers, crackheads, criminals, etc. It's funny that those same motherfuckers hide behind screen names and talk out of their ass, but when these 3 fighters publicly mention anything that alludes to being prejudice, etc, idiots like you cry about it.

It would be funny if some of those comments were posted on national television, that would REALLY show people where the world stands when it comes to racism. It's played out, and is a subject that never dies...it just makes things worse at times...so again, why turn a gag reflex into a wholesale vomit episode? Again, I dont defend everything that these guys say (especially FMJ's rant about Pacquiao), but again, if comments sections were posted on television, about these guys, then shit would be quite even. Not only would it be even, it would be shameful, to say the least. Agree?

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 18 2012, 11:57 AM
Post #28

Bantamweight

The reason I care is because when you have the best fighters in boxing say stuff like that it makes the sport look bad. The other racists that post idiotic comments about Mayweather, Bhop and Toney are idiots, but nobody in the public cares about them. Floyd makes a comment about Lin and all the media gets involved. So when Mayweather, Bhop and Toney face all that scrutiny, they are themselves to blame. They believe they offer some insight but it's all ignorance that comes out. And it's even worse when boxing fans start to make excuses as far as why their comments are not racists and it has everything to do with background and all kind of other BS. A spade is a spade and all of these fighters have made a lot of racial statements, that can't be argued. What triggered this thread is not so much the fact that I believe all three are racists as I have known for a long time and still follow their careers with great interest. What triggered it more is the fans that jump to all kinds of arguments to prove that the comments these 3 have made were not racially motivated. It's like me calling somebody the n word and telling them that I am better than them because of race and then say I am not a racist. It doesn't make any damn sense.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 18 2012, 01:13 PM
Post #29

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 18 2012, 11:57 AM) *
The reason I care is because when you have the best fighters in boxing say stuff like that it makes the sport look bad.

To be perfectly honest, boxing isn't as big as it used to be...if it's ever been the leading sport to begin with. Im not saying that it's not popular, but when it comes to holding a candle to basketball, football, tennis, soccer, etc...there's really no argument for boxing.

With that said, if boxing was that big of a sport, wouldn't Mayweather's racist rant about Pacquiao, have effected his PPV sales and the people that attend his fight. I mean seriously, he was talking about Manny (the most loved athlete at the present time), and you're telling me that people didn't hate his guts enough to not support him?

Either they didn't give a damn, or the sport isn't as big as we sometimes make it. If Mayweather was this huge public figure, then it would've effected him dearly. Now, if a political figure would've done that, then the world would've known his name, and all support would've been lost. Hell, if Manny went on a rant like that about Floyd, it wouldn't have stopped me from watching him or boxing period, because Im a fan of the sport, not that person in particular.

The other racists that post idiotic comments about Mayweather, Bhop and Toney are idiots, but nobody in the public cares about them. So when Mayweather, Bhop and Toney face all that scrutiny, they are themselves to blame.

Trust me, it would be a big deal if those comments were televised, though the world wouldn't know who the cowards were. Im just saying that it could possibly even things out. Floyd has been scrutinized and racially bashed waaaaay before talks of a Pacquiao fight.

Hell, some people said those things about him because they either dont like him, or they are pissed because the "Big Fight" hasn't happened. I agree, things dont happen to people for no apparent reason (mostly), so the scrutiny could also be self-inflicted as you said.

They believe they offer some insight but it's all ignorance that comes out.

Hell, you did the same thing when you authored this thread. It's ignorant, because it's obvious that nothing can be done about it, and people still support these guys, via PPV buys, defending them, or even talking about them (good or bad) and they could give two shits what we say. Hell, why do you think they keep saying this "racially motivated" stuff...more than likely they could give a damn what people say or think...especially if they dont agree with them.

And it's even worse when boxing fans start to make excuses as far as why their comments are not racists and it has everything to do with background and all kind of other BS.

Like I keep saying, there's nothing that anybody can do about it.

A spade is a spade

You're right, and Im still holding true to my theory that you're a feeble-minded shetland pony. A spade is a spade, right?

What triggered this thread is not so much the fact that I believe all three are racists as I have known for a long time and still follow their careers with great interest.

"Flooyd, Bhop, and Toney are all racist". Sound familiar? Dude, the whole point of your thread (if there's actually one) is dying a slow death...

What triggered it more is the fans that jump to all kinds of arguments to prove that the comments these 3 have made were not racially motivated.

Who even said that? If anything, either nobody really gives a damn, or they know that those 3 dont give a damn, so we're back at square one. It's about the sport man, seriously. What these 3 guys say/have said, is in quotes for the world to see, and I still dont see it effecting what they do for a living.

It's like me calling somebody the n word and telling them that I am better than them because of race and then say I am not a racist.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Try that, and tell me how it goes. Hopefully you'll physically be able to post, or face the world again, for that matter.

It doesn't make any damn sense.

Great way to describe your logic, well, nah, it's a great way to describe the pilgrimage-type distance between your batshit rambling nonsense, and actually making your point.

+Quote Post
wolterb
post Feb 18 2012, 01:24 PM
Post #30

Featherweight

Member No.: 12,770

lol, anything that can/should be said has been, here.
All I will say - it is important we keep the statements within the context of promotion,boxing, and the hyperbole that comes with both of those.
I think hopkins, toney, and mayweather usually try to push the envelope of what is socially acceptable to say so people view into their fights to see them get whooped. Not saying it is right, but lets just keep in mind these guys aren't politicians writing legislation based on what they believe...they're boxers.
I can't speak for Toney, but Hopkins and Mayweather have spoken about race in intelligent ways before...you just won't see that discussion during promotion for an up coming fight.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 11:55 PM