Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flooyd, Bhop and Toney are all..., Racists
flazi
post Feb 18 2012, 02:23 PM
Post #31

Super Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,846

As a matter of fact, I mentioned this in another thread about Mayweather...if you were to read some of the comments on some of the articles on the front page or other sites, you have guys calling him and his family monkeys, spear chuckers, crackheads, criminals, etc. It's funny that those same motherfuckers hide behind screen names and talk out of their ass, but when these 3 fighters publicly mention anything that alludes to being prejudice, etc, idiots like you cry about it.

It would be funny if some of those comments were posted on national television, that would REALLY show people where the world stands when it comes to racism. It's played out, and is a subject that never dies...it just makes things worse at times...so again, why turn a gag reflex into a wholesale vomit episode? Again, I dont defend everything that these guys say (especially FMJ's rant about Pacquiao), but again, if comments sections were posted on television, about these guys, then shit would be quite even. Not only would it be even, it would be shameful, to say the least. Agree?

this is a great idea and what i would have like to have seen once the espn guys jumped on mayweather for his lin comments. one of them could have said "lets see what the public has said about mayweather".
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 18 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #32

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 18 2012, 01:13 PM) *
To be perfectly honest, boxing isn't as big as it used to be...if it's ever been the leading sport to begin with. Im not saying that it's not popular, but when it comes to holding a candle to basketball, football, tennis, soccer, etc...there's really no argument for boxing.

With that said, if boxing was that big of a sport, wouldn't Mayweather's racist rant about Pacquiao, have effected his PPV sales and the people that attend his fight. I mean seriously, he was talking about Manny (the most loved athlete at the present time), and you're telling me that people didn't hate his guts enough to not support him?

Either they didn't give a damn, or the sport isn't as big as we sometimes make it. If Mayweather was this huge public figure, then it would've effected him dearly. Now, if a political figure would've done that, then the world would've known his name, and all support would've been lost. Hell, if Manny went on a rant like that about Floyd, it wouldn't have stopped me from watching him or boxing period, because Im a fan of the sport, not that person in particular.

Trust me, it would be a big deal if those comments were televised, though the world wouldn't know who the cowards were. Im just saying that it could possibly even things out. Floyd has been scrutinized and racially bashed waaaaay before talks of a Pacquiao fight.

Hell, some people said those things about him because they either dont like him, or they are pissed because the "Big Fight" hasn't happened. I agree, things dont happen to people for no apparent reason (mostly), so the scrutiny could also be self-inflicted as you said.

Hell, you did the same thing when you authored this thread. It's ignorant, because it's obvious that nothing can be done about it, and people still support these guys, via PPV buys, defending them, or even talking about them (good or bad) and they could give two shits what we say. Hell, why do you think they keep saying this "racially motivated" stuff...more than likely they could give a damn what people say or think...especially if they dont agree with them.

Like I keep saying, there's nothing that anybody can do about it.

You're right, and Im still holding true to my theory that you're a feeble-minded shetland pony. A spade is a spade, right?

"Flooyd, Bhop, and Toney are all racist". Sound familiar? Dude, the whole point of your thread (if there's actually one) is dying a slow death...

Who even said that? If anything, either nobody really gives a damn, or they know that those 3 dont give a damn, so we're back at square one. It's about the sport man, seriously. What these 3 guys say/have said, is in quotes for the world to see, and I still dont see it effecting what they do for a living.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Try that, and tell me how it goes. Hopefully you'll physically be able to post, or face the world again, for that matter.

Great way to describe your logic, well, nah, it's a great way to describe the pilgrimage-type distance between your batshit rambling nonsense, and actually making your point.

You ramble a lot bro, you need to get away from that "weasel your way out" strategy. That constant blabber of yours serves no purpose. You can't use a dictionary, you've clearly demonstrated that. You can't follow points and your sentences have no structure. There is really no point listening to you as I can't make out what your saying. You talk a lot but you don't say anything related to the facts. The 3 of them are racists, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story. So quit with that dolphin talk, it may sound cute to you but it carries no clear meaning. If you speak only in vowels the next time you write I may give you more credit. Hell, I'll send you a can of sardines, cool bro!?!

This post has been edited by pesticid: Feb 18 2012, 03:00 PM

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 18 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #33

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE******"As a matter of fact, I mentioned this in another thread about Mayweather...if you were to read some of the comments on some of the articles on the front page or other sites, you have guys calling him and his family monkeys, spear chuckers, crackheads, criminals, etc. It's funny that those same motherfuckers hide behind screen names and talk out of their ass, but when these 3 fighters publicly mention anything that alludes to being prejudice, etc, idiots like you cry about it.

It would be funny if some of those comments were posted on national television, that would REALLY show people where the world stands when it comes to racism. It's played out, and is a subject that never dies...it just makes things worse at times...so again, why turn a gag reflex into a wholesale vomit episode? Again, I dont defend everything that these guys say (especially FMJ's rant about Pacquiao), but again, if comments sections were posted on television, about these guys, then shit would be quite even. Not only would it be even, it would be shameful, to say the least. Agree?

YOU MAKE SOME EXCELLENT POINTS... IST IS A SUFFIX DENOTING A DEVOTION TO. IF YOU AN ARTIST YOU ARE DEVOTED TO ART... PIANIST DEVOTED TO PIANO... IF YOU ARE A RACIST you are DEVOTED YOUR RACE... ( A GOOD THING).... lol

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 18 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (wolterb @ Feb 18 2012, 01:24 PM) *
Hopkins and Mayweather have spoken about race in intelligent ways before...you just won't see that discussion during promotion for an up coming fight.

You're absolutely right, but the funny this is, it's hardly ever made a big deal (when they say intelligent stuff). I've seen some of B-Hop's stuff out there, but Mayweather doesn't stand a chance when discussing touchy subjects like this.

It's bad enough that people cant stand him from jump, but that Pacquiao rant made it worse. Let's all be honest here, Mayweather tends to make sense about stuff, but he isn't the most eloquent speaker...which gives people every reason to eat up his words, or twist them around.

QUOTE (flazi @ Feb 18 2012, 02:23 PM) *
this is a great idea and what i would have like to have seen once the espn guys jumped on mayweather for his lin comments. one of them could have said "lets see what the public has said about mayweather".

Trust me, if that shit was televised...it would definitely be rated "MA", or they would probably air it on premium television. Honestly, they probably wouldn't even air it...gotta save face when it comes to America. It's fucked up enough...wouldn't wanna ruin the nation's integrity by verbally disintegrating a guy that the world thinks is dumb anyway (sarcasm).

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 18 2012, 04:20 PM
Post #35

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 18 2012, 02:59 PM) *
You ramble a lot bro, you need to get away from that "weasel your way out" strategy. That constant blabber of yours serves no purpose. You can't use a dictionary, you've clearly demonstrated that. You can't follow points and your sentences have no structure. There is really no point listening to you as I can't make out what your saying. You talk a lot but you don't say anything related to the facts. The 3 of them are racists, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story. So quit with that dolphin talk, it may sound cute to you but it carries no clear meaning. If you speak only in vowels the next time you write I may give you more credit. Hell, I'll send you a can of sardines, cool bro!?!

Wow, and the kettle calls the pot black...once again. I cant follow points and I talk a lot, but dont say anything related to the facts?!...Hmmm...somebody's truly found their way to the mirror, huh?

The only person weaseling their way out of anything is you. First, you make the subject seem so intense and desperately needing an in depth discussion, and now it's, "All 3 of them are racist, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story." So yes, it's clear that you're looking for a way out.

Point is, you have nothing else of substance to post here, and your feminine rants of reasoning is nothing more than a blunder. If you come to a battle of wits, you best not come unarmed. Retard version: If you choose to author a thread of this magnitude that can go in several different directions, be prepared for what comes with it...as you've failed to do.

It's clear that you have a hard time understanding anything, so dont request for me to speak only in vowels, as that may pose yet another challenge for you. Get over yourself and your self-presumed intelligence, it's not working for you. Do you mind if I close your stupid ass thread, since it's the "end of story", or was that your way out of it?

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 18 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #36

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

some people need some a-hole cream...

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 19 2012, 01:16 AM
Post #37

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

vaseline?

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 19 2012, 09:08 AM
Post #38

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 18 2012, 04:20 PM) *
Wow, and the kettle calls the pot black...once again. I cant follow points and I talk a lot, but dont say anything related to the facts?!...Hmmm...somebody's truly found their way to the mirror, huh?

The only person weaseling their way out of anything is you. First, you make the subject seem so intense and desperately needing an in depth discussion, and now it's, "All 3 of them are racist, they have made racial comments and they have stood by them. End of story." So yes, it's clear that you're looking for a way out.

Point is, you have nothing else of substance to post here, and your feminine rants of reasoning is nothing more than a blunder. If you come to a battle of wits, you best not come unarmed. Retard version: If you choose to author a thread of this magnitude that can go in several different directions, be prepared for what comes with it...as you've failed to do.

It's clear that you have a hard time understanding anything, so dont request for me to speak only in vowels, as that may pose yet another challenge for you. Get over yourself and your self-presumed intelligence, it's not working for you. Do you mind if I close your stupid ass thread, since it's the "end of story", or was that your way out of it?

You don't even know what a public figure is, end of story! Better?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 19 2012, 11:43 AM
Post #39

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 19 2012, 09:08 AM) *
You don't even know what a public figure is, end of story! Better?

I actually thought a public figure was someone of importance, not these 3 BOXERS who say racist shit, that's only brought up by a bell end with a hurt ass and flimsy logic.

To be honest, for a topic of this magnitude, your argument was limited, to say the least. When I tried give it a bit of depth by going further into the discussion (which you begged for), you chalked it up as "end of story" and attempted to walk away.

Since these guys are "public figures", I would challenge you to go out in public and ask random people if they know who Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather, and James Toney are. Im sure you'd probably get 1 out of those 3, if that.

THEN ask them if they can recall any racist things that these guys have said in the past. Im sure you'd be left standing there with nothing, but hey, these guys are "public figures", right?

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Feb 19 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #40

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

Recognizing race and being racist are two different things. I take you are mentioning his comment on Jeremy Lin. He said Lin was a good player but because he is Asian he gets more hype. Anything out of the norm in sports or in any arena will get extra attention. President Obama first African American president, Venus and Serena Williams, Tiger Woods etc. They have competed in areas that are not the norm for persons like them to excell in is amazing. Fuzzy Zoler.. what his name said that Tiger will serve fried chicken and greens for the MAsters lunch next year: racist or stupidity? Venus and Serena have been getting heat since day one: One guy even said they look like African apes. That is beyond racist.

Racism is what the headline from ESPN was for Jeremy and the 9 TOs he had: A Chink In the Armor? That is racist.
James Toney talks about everyone and you have to learn how to separate hype and persona from the person. Now as far as Floyd statement goes, I agree what he says but how he said probably rubbed people the wrong way. Russel Westbrook had similar numbers as Lin last year, um.. Wade, James, hell even Kevin Love (white) is having an incredible season. But because Lin is not the norm when we think NBA players. His story is an amazing one. He being Asian American is even more amazing.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 03:28 AM