> Flooyd, Bhop and Toney are all..., Racists
Hotsauce
post Feb 20 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 19 2012, 10:53 PM) *
Recognizing race and being racist are two different things. I take you are mentioning his comment on Jeremy Lin. He said Lin was a good player but because he is Asian he gets more hype. Anything out of the norm in sports or in any arena will get extra attention. President Obama first African American president, Venus and Serena Williams, Tiger Woods etc. They have competed in areas that are not the norm for persons like them to excell in is amazing. Fuzzy Zoler.. what his name said that Tiger will serve fried chicken and greens for the MAsters lunch next year: racist or stupidity? Venus and Serena have been getting heat since day one: One guy even said they look like African apes. That is beyond racist.

Racism is what the headline from ESPN was for Jeremy and the 9 TOs he had: A Chink In the Armor? That is racist.James Toney talks about everyone and you have to learn how to separate hype and persona from the person. Now as far as Floyd statement goes, I agree what he says but how he said probably rubbed people the wrong way. Russel Westbrook had similar numbers as Lin last year, um.. Wade, James, hell even Kevin Love (white) is having an incredible season. But because Lin is not the norm when we think NBA players. His story is an amazing one. He being Asian American is even more amazing.

i read about that
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 20 2012, 05:57 PM
Post #42

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2012, 11:43 AM) *
I actually thought a public figure was someone of importance, not these 3 BOXERS who say racist shit, that's only brought up by a bell end with a hurt ass and flimsy logic.

To be honest, for a topic of this magnitude, your argument was limited, to say the least. When I tried give it a bit of depth by going further into the discussion (which you begged for), you chalked it up as "end of story" and attempted to walk away.

Since these guys are "public figures", I would challenge you to go out in public and ask random people if they know who Bernard Hopkins, Floyd Mayweather, and James Toney are. Im sure you'd probably get 1 out of those 3, if that.

THEN ask them if they can recall any racist things that these guys have said in the past. Im sure you'd be left standing there with nothing, but hey, these guys are "public figures", right?

They are public figures and I can't even believe that you keep on going that they aren't. For Christ's sake, grab a dictionary already!
I refuse to even copy and paste the definition of public figure, this is preposterous!
Nobody was looking for a in-depth conversation. You can't fight facts. I stated something and that was that. I wasn't running away, there is nothing to debate when you have clear quotes and behaviours by the above 3, showing that they are racists. End of story!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 20 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 20 2012, 05:57 PM) *
Nobody was looking for a in-depth conversation.

Yet another soon-to-be major blow to your self-presumed intelligence. Congratulations...you've successfully reached the depths of human stupidity. Why even author a thread, and NOT seek an in-depth conversation?

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 21 2012, 10:56 AM
Post #44

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

Yeah, cause very thread is about in-depth conversation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fool.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #45

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (pesticid @ Feb 21 2012, 10:56 AM) *
Yeah, cause very thread is about in-depth conversation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/fool.gif)

Thanks Mr. Pesticide, for your material...such as it was (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dntknw.gif)

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/roach_killer-1.jpg)

#FAIL

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 12:23 PM