IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> According to Brandon Rios's Fight with Yuriorkis Gamboa a done deal?
Brandon Rios vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa
Who do you have winning?
Rios by decision [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rios by KO/TKO [ 4 ] ** [40.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Gamboa by Decision [ 4 ] ** [40.00%]
Gamboa by KO/TKO [ 2 ] ** [20.00%]
No Contest [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 10
Guests cannot vote 
Gambit808
post Feb 17 2012, 04:28 AM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

That's right, according to Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios's (29-0-1,22ko's) recent Announcement on Facebook a fight between Himself and undefeated Cuban Featherweight King Yuriorkis Gamboa (21-0-0, 16ko's) is set to happen April 14th at the Mandelay Bey in Las Vagas at 135lbs.

This is what was posted on Brandon Rios's Official Facebook Page:

"Boxing fans I would like to officially announce my next fight! April 14, 2012, Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa at 135lb. Team Rios thanks for always showing me love and support. I love this sport and all the support is what drives me to train harder! Here we go Team Rios! Countdown to April 14th has begun,"

I'm Pumped for this fight, I feel like this fight will let me know everything I need to know about Gamboa. Mind you it's his first fight at 135lbs & it's up against one of if not THE TOUGHEST guy at that weight... and he (Rios) even struggles to make that wieght more or less I see Rios as the favorite & Gamboa as the underdog because of the size diffrence, but in terms of skill or ring intelligence Gamboa should have the upper hand.

I'M CALLING IT RIGHT NOW... if it goes 12rds i have Gamboa pulling off the upset by Majority Decision... There I said it!

This post has been edited by Gambit808: Feb 17 2012, 04:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
leonthegee
post Feb 17 2012, 06:45 AM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 10,401

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 17 2012, 01:28 AM) *
That's right, according to Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios's (29-0-1,22ko's) recent Announcement on Facebook a fight between Himself and undefeated Cuban Featherweight King Yuriorkis Gamboa (21-0-0, 16ko's) is set to happen April 14th at the Mandelay Bey in Las Vagas at 135lbs.

This is what was posted on Brandon Rios's Official Facebook Page:

"Boxing fans I would like to officially announce my next fight! April 14, 2012, Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa at 135lb. Team Rios thanks for always showing me love and support. I love this sport and all the support is what drives me to train harder! Here we go Team Rios! Countdown to April 14th has begun,"

I'm Pumped for this fight, I feel like this fight will let me know everything I need to know about Gamboa. Mind you it's his first fight at 135lbs & it's up against one of if not THE TOUGHEST guy at that weight... and he (Rios) even struggles to make that wieght more or less I see Rios as the favorite & Gamboa as the underdog because of the size diffrence, but in terms of skill or ring intelligence Gamboa should have the upper hand.

I'M CALLING IT RIGHT NOW... if it goes 12rds i have Gamboa pulling off the upset by Majority Decision... There I said it!

Gamboa must really be leaving Top Rank otherwise this fight never gets made. This is not your normal protection fight for a fighter with only 21 pro fights. Slob Arum wants to send Gamboa off with a loss which will drop the value on Gamboa a little bit.

This post has been edited by leonthegee: Feb 17 2012, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 10:51 AM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

I dont know what to believe in regards to this fight happening. I will take the safe route and wait to see what Arum says. Last time I checked, Arum still hasn't found a decent fan base for Gamboa, as he explains the reason for the Lopez fight not taking place just yet.

Who knows, he may just have them squaring off after all. Im not sure where both guys are with their TR contracts, so I cant speak on it, just yet. If it goes down, I would have Rios by late stoppage, I dont see him winning on the cards. I would have to see how good Gamboa would be when it comes down to avoiding pressure.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 17 2012, 11:35 AM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

If it happens, I think that Gamboa gets the decision. I think that he'll be able to weather the storm by moving and doing what he can do offensively.

Cool, it's happening.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 17 2012, 01:41 PM

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 17 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #5

Super Featherweight

Member No.: 13,243

Lots of people are greatly underestimating Bam Bam's will power and raw strength.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 17 2012, 03:45 PM
Post #6

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

This will be a great fight, I can't really say who I'd favor...it's such a toss up to me. If Rios is able to get inside and do work to Gamboa's body, i definitely can see a late Rd stoppage for Bam Bam. But if Gamboa is able to box and use his speed and keep Rios at bay then I can see him winning a decision

This post has been edited by mrchitown: Feb 17 2012, 03:45 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 08:51 AM