Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nice Weekend of boxing!, Showtime, FNF, international action, Triple Threat
Cheesey1
post Feb 17 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #1

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

Friday - the Showtime and FNF bouts are basically up and comers, or at least lesser known boxers.

Saturday - Internationally we've got the all of a sudden much more interesting Klitschko vs. Chisora and even though it's not a main event (by far) the 2nd pro outing of Chris Eubank Jr.

Saturday - "Triple Threat" - very interested in seeing how this goes.

Hopefully everybody's as amped for this weekend as I am.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 17 2012, 01:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 12:48 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

This is a great weekend in boxing! You can never go wrong with FNF and ShowBox! As far as the Triple Header...I have to DVR that one...for some reason I have some shit to do this Saturday (bummer). Im gonna miss the round by round thread with guys this weekend...another major blow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Suddenly a weigh-in slap has struck interest for the Klitz fight. Now, if I can get my time zones in order, I will be able to catch the stream.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 17 2012, 01:46 PM
Post #3

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 12:48 PM) *
This is a great weekend in boxing! You can never go wrong with FNF and ShowBox! As far as the Triple Header...I have to DVR that one...for some reason I have some shit to do this Saturday (bummer). Im gonna miss the round by round thread with guys this weekend...another major blow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Suddenly a weigh-in slap has struck interest for the Klitz fight. Now, if I can get my time zones in order, I will be able to catch the stream.

No prob. re Saturday, even though she's a sea hag, she needs some undivided attention too. I've been there before man.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 17 2012, 01:52 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 12:48 PM) *

Like most, I expect Vitali to beat Dereck, but theoretically Dereck's form against Helenius should give him a chance (except for the fact that even an old Vitali is much better than the "Nordic Sleepwalking Episode.")
Agree with FightHype that Ishida has to be the fave, but I'm not writing off Williams either. Cloud another win for him. Arreola...whatever.
Malik Scott, let's see what he's about.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 17 2012, 01:52 PM

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 17 2012, 03:32 PM
Post #5

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

any chance klit comes out of his normal passive style to attack and possibly give chisora a chance? i've never seen him fight so i have no idea if he is any good or if this is just another sacrificial lamb for klit.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 17 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #6

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 17 2012, 03:32 PM) *
any chance klit comes out of his normal passive style to attack and possibly give chisora a chance? i've never seen him fight so i have no idea if he is any good or if this is just another sacrificial lamb for klit.

If the Vitali that schooled Arreola shows up, then Vitali could KO Chisora. Chisora's improved and is currently the best that I've ever seen him. Chisora hasn't convinced me that he has K.O power against big guys, but in his last match against the extremely over rated Robert Helenius, Chisora looked the best that I've seen him. He had nice movement, put together several combos and even used the jab very nicely for a shorter guy fighting a bigger guy. Chisora lost the decision, but he was clearly robbed.

So, I'd say that if Vitali is too passive (even though i think that he's less passive than his bro.), then Chisora could have a few opportunities, but I still think that Klitschko wins. Chisora does have a chance, but he's definitely and deservedly a serious underdog.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 17 2012, 01:52 PM) *
Like most, I expect Vitali to beat Dereck, but theoretically Dereck's form against Helenius should give him a chance (except for the fact that even an old Vitali is much better than the "Nordic Sleepwalking Episode.")
Agree with FightHype that Ishida has to be the fave, but I'm not writing off Williams either. Cloud another win for him. Arreola...whatever.
Malik Scott, let's see what he's about.

Good news...I'll be able to catch the triple header when it comes on! I cant wait to hear Williams talk after the fight (win or lose)...too funny! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 17 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #8

ON the edge

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 240

Anyone know through Fios what channel the Klitschko fight is being shown on (if at all)?

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 17 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Anybody besides me, watching ShoBox???

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 18 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #10

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 17 2012, 11:06 PM) *
Anybody besides me, watching ShoBox???

I had to compromise yesterday and could only watch FNF because of today's boxing binge!!! I really need to move out of this basement my parents are really crimping my style. How was Shobox?

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 18 2012, 11:40 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 09:37 PM