IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Showtime@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT) Williams vs. Ishida-SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, Update: No Immediate Rematch Says IBF (Cloud-Campillo Fight)
Hotsauce
post Feb 19 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #41

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

knowimsayin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 19 2012, 12:21 AM
Post #42

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Uh oh...here goes the war of "You know what Im sayin'". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Cant forget about, "an stuff"...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 19 2012, 12:23 AM
Post #43

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Feb 19 2012, 12:21 AM) *
knowimsayin

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 19 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

Cloud should, but obviously won't give Campillo a rematch. Cloud might learn his lesson and improve, or is he gonna fare the same against other taller boxers who can box? Even though he didn't deserve the victory tonight, hopefully now we'll see him in the ring against the top guys in the division.
Campillo definitely deserves the big matches now, but will the top guys give them to him now?

Williams vs. Ishida? As others have said Williams is still asking to be caught "taking a picture." Definitely should stay at 154 and see what happens against the top guys in that division, but he's on his way out.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 19 2012, 12:46 AM

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 19 2012, 12:45 AM
Post #45

ON the edge

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 240

Cloud and Williams both suck. Both are B players in their divisions at this point and have no business in the ring with the A guys. Just my thoughts after watching their uninspiring performances tonight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 19 2012, 12:50 AM
Post #46

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 19 2012, 12:41 AM) *
Cloud should, but obviously won't give Campillo a rematch. Cloud might learn his lesson and improve, or is he gonna fare the same against other taller boxers who can box? Even though he didn't deserve the victory tonight, hopefully now we'll see him in the ring against the top guys in the division.

Williams vs. Ishida? As others have said Williams is still asking to be caught "taking a picture." Definitely should stay at 154 and see what happens against the top guys in that division, but he's on his way out.

Cloud cant afford to look bad against anybody else, but the problem is, he'll have waaaay more challenges after this, because he was exposed in a few ways. At one point, I was almost sure he was gonna get stopped, but thank God Campillo didn't have much power.

Does anybody else agree that Cloud looks like the daddy from Good Times, or am I the only one? He better steam roll his next challenge, which NEEDS to be top opposition, to make us forget about tonight.

As far as Williams/Ishida...P. Willy's got some heavy lifting to do before he spews out the names of Canelo, JCC Jr, etc.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 19 2012, 12:55 AM
Post #47

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 19 2012, 12:45 AM) *
Cloud and Williams both suck. Both are B players in their divisions at this point and have no business in the ring with the A guys. Just my thoughts after watching their uninspiring performances tonight.
I'd like to see Cloud give this guy a rematch, so that we can see if the few times that he had Campillo in trouble were just lucky moments, or if he just didn't take Campillo seriously. I'd like to see Cloud fight again before I call him a B fighter.
Williams, obviously not the threat that he was and technically is stuck in fourth gear, but I'd also like to see him in one more fight at 154. He showed some decent lateral movement (Ishida didn't impress me, so maybe that's why the movement looked very effective at times) and he also put together some effective punches.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 19 2012, 12:58 AM
Post #48

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 19 2012, 12:50 AM) *
Cloud cant afford to look bad against anybody else, but the problem is, he'll have waaaay more challenges after this, because he was exposed in a few ways. At one point, I was almost sure he was gonna get stopped, but thank God Campillo didn't have much power.

Does anybody else agree that Cloud looks like the daddy from Good Times, or am I the only one? He better steam roll his next challenge, which NEEDS to be top opposition, to make us forget about tonight.

As far as Williams/Ishida...P. Willy's got some heavy lifting to do before he spews out the names of Canelo, JCC Jr, etc.

Agreed.

Yup, Cloud definitely looks like John Amos.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 19 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #49

ON the edge

Group: Team BU
Member No.: 240

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 19 2012, 12:55 AM) *
I'd like to see Cloud give this guy a rematch, so that we can see if the few times that he had Campillo in trouble were just lucky moments, or if he just didn't take Campillo seriously. I'd like to see Cloud fight again before I call him a B fighter.

I think when he hurt Campilo twice in the first it was a classic case of a guy getting caught cold by a puncher early in the fight. He took similar shots later in the fight that he just walked through once he warmed up to Cloud's power. I think if there were a rematch, Campilo is a little more cautious in the opening round (or two) and makes sure he doesn't get caught with anything real clean.

I call Cloud a B fighter because he showed absolutely zero ability to adjust in the ring last night. He had no plan B at all and didn't show any different wrinkles in his game once he started getting hit up for the last 33 minutes of the fight. He's lucky that Campilo has only stopped 7 of his opponents; had Campilo had a little more power Cloud would have either been stopped on those cuts getting worse or possibly by TKO from taking too much damage. Cloud's defense is also horrible. He was getting hit with arm punches, Street Fighter II style uppercuts from 6' away, etc. He has a LOT of work to do in the gym.

This post has been edited by BrutalBodyShots: Feb 19 2012, 12:43 PM

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post Feb 19 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #50

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Terrible verdict favoring cloud. I had Campillo up 9-3. I don't know what that would transcend to with the big first 10-7 round on points. But the Spanish challenger should have had a three point edge or higher. 116-110 Cloud was like Jean Williams giving the first Lewis-Holyfield fight to Holyfield. That card and judge should be investigated.

I gave Ishida two rounds against Williams. Williams looked good, but I question how well he will do against a puncher who may expose his chin again.

Jack

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 09:40 AM