IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's with Bradley, Pacquiao & Freddie Roach?, Logic? Confusion? Promotion?
Gambit808
post Feb 21 2012, 09:23 PM
Post #1

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,329

IN MY OWN OPINION, what turns me off about this fight while watching the L.A. Press Conference or even behind the scenes of there commercial is how SOFT with words and all around behavior these to show with each other. It almost made me forget that these 2 were actually going to fight each other the way they joke, Smile & laugh at ech other. I mean come on give me a break, i can't be the only one shaking my head at this. I mean somebody tell me, WHAT'S THE POINT OF FIGHTERS FIGHTING IF THEY LIKE EACH OTHER THIS MUCH. SAVE ALL THE RESPECT AFTER FIGHT, AFTER YOU SEE WHAT THE FIGHTER CAN DO. How does a guy like Bradley who's been known to be confident & to get under the skin of his opponents, all of a sudden be so warm hearted. It's like Joshua Clottey (remember him) all over again. These 2 can not even do a Stare Down without cracking a smile and laughing and thats pathetic. Now anything bad at this point to be said by either fighter is a contradiction because these two made it very well known that they "LIKE" each other... jeez, where Chisora - haye, Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Mayweather and plenty other mean fighters when you need em.

Speaking of Contradictions whats with the "Peoples Champion" Manny Pacquiao "The Man Who fights for the People before Money" all of a sudden be "the man that fights for Money before People". This guy headlines Yahoo news stating the reason the negotiations between him and Floyd fell apart was because Floyd gaurenteed him more money than he's ever made and ever will make in boxing and (alledgedly) not a penny more. Yet months prior went on record to say he'd fight him for a lesser share. He was even as bold to state that he would fight him for free.

Last but not least we have Freddie Roach being a week removed from basically calling this fight unworthy to now believing it's a "very good fight". I like Freddie & respect him as a trainer but never let money take your WORD away man. You Can still speak your mind about how you really feel and still sell the PPV just as well as you can by not.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE GUYS?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2012, 09:53 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Im just as lost as everybody else. I saw that embarrassing video of the stare down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) To be honest though, if I had a stare down with Manny, I would probably laugh a couple of times too...he does have that look on his face that warrants a laugh or two.

Really though, Timmy is always this "no nonsense" guy when it comes to a fight, and now suddenly, he's in this laughing mood. I mean damn, I know Manny is putting some serious money in his pocket, but like you said, hold that shit until after the fight.

As far as the money situation, Pacquiao has sent us all on a roller coaster. Yes, he did say that he would take the smaller split, then the 50/50 talk came up again, so we're stuck. Gotta love the guys who talk trash and demand their money, not the guy who tries to please every damn body, then suddenly cares about his money.

Im not knocking Pacquiao for his behavior throughout this press tour...it's typical Pacquiao. Im just a bit pissed at the serious guy with the nasty mustache, who never blinks.

+Quote Post
BoxingStill#1
post Feb 21 2012, 10:13 PM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 6,594

Bradley is falling into the same trap most recent fighters have who have fought Pacman..

He is star struck and just happy to be in the same room with the guy..

As for Arum and roach, they are just prepping themselves for the upset..

Ironically what kills me is how they are finding early excuses but those were not heard of when they were negotiating the fight..

Idk.. I think I need to just shut up and except the fact they are fighting

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post Feb 21 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #4

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:53 PM) *
Im just as lost as everybody else. I saw that embarrassing video of the stare down (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif) To be honest though, if I had a stare down with Manny, I would probably laugh a couple of times too...he does have that look on his face that warrants a laugh or two.

Really though, Timmy is always this "no nonsense" guy when it comes to a fight, and now suddenly, he's in this laughing mood. I mean damn, I know Manny is putting some serious money in his pocket, but like you said, hold that shit until after the fight.

As far as the money situation, Pacquiao has sent us all on a roller coaster. Yes, he did say that he would take the smaller split, then the 50/50 talk came up again, so we're stuck. Gotta love the guys who talk trash and demand their money, not the guy who tries to please every damn body, then suddenly cares about his money.

Im not knocking Pacquiao for his behavior throughout this press tour...it's typical Pacquiao. Im just a bit pissed at the serious guy with the nasty mustache, who never blinks.

Lol, yea i hear you man, but don't your think that a small reason why Juan Manuel Marquez has Pacquiao number is because he actually shows his dislike towards Pacquiao hence taking him out of his sort nice guy smiley face image, i believe getting under a guys skin can play a factor in the way they perform in a fight and guys like Bradley, Mosley, Clottey & Cotto just never showed that. They always claim they respect him or like him before they even fight the guy. I don't know maybe it's a tactic on Manny's part or something to bring out the nice side of his opponents or whatever, i just wanna see a fighter that just does not have any respect for the guy and let Pacquiao know that this ain't no smiling fun game "when we fight i'm coming for your head".

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 21 2012, 10:21 PM
Post #5

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Feb 21 2012, 10:13 PM) *
Bradley is falling into the same trap most recent fighters have who have fought Pacman..

He is star struck and just happy to be in the same room with the guy..

+1

The damn check hasn't even cleared, and he's already in "buddy buddy mode" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Team Pacquiao is ready for Bradley to come forward all night, and Im almost sure he will make that mistake, or something else deemed worthy of being detrimental.

This already isn't going to be a huge fight for Pacquiao, so Im thinking that he's at least going for "KO of the Year" to take some of Floyd's shine away, since he has the better dance partner this time around.

+Quote Post
pesticid
post Feb 21 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #6

Bantamweight

Member No.: 10,865

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:23 PM) *
IN MY OWN OPINION, what turns me off about this fight while watching the L.A. Press Conference or even behind the scenes of there commercial is how SOFT with words and all around behavior these to show with each other. It almost made me forget that these 2 were actually going to fight each other the way they joke, Smile & laugh at ech other. I mean come on give me a break, i can't be the only one shaking my head at this. I mean somebody tell me, WHAT'S THE POINT OF FIGHTERS FIGHTING IF THEY LIKE EACH OTHER THIS MUCH. SAVE ALL THE RESPECT AFTER FIGHT, AFTER YOU SEE WHAT THE FIGHTER CAN DO. How does a guy like Bradley who's been known to be confident & to get under the skin of his opponents, all of a sudden be so warm hearted. It's like Joshua Clottey (remember him) all over again. These 2 can not even do a Stare Down without cracking a smile and laughing and thats pathetic. Now anything bad at this point to be said by either fighter is a contradiction because these two made it very well known that they "LIKE" each other... jeez, where Chisora - haye, Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Mayweather and plenty other mean fighters when you need em.

Speaking of Contradictions whats with the "Peoples Champion" Manny Pacquiao "The Man Who fights for the People before Money" all of a sudden be "the man that fights for Money before People". This guy headlines Yahoo news stating the reason the negotiations between him and Floyd fell apart was because Floyd gaurenteed him more money than he's ever made and ever will make in boxing and (alledgedly) not a penny more. Yet months prior went on record to say he'd fight him for a lesser share. He was even as bold to state that he would fight him for free.

Last but not least we have Freddie Roach being a week removed from basically calling this fight unworthy to now believing it's a "very good fight". I like Freddie & respect him as a trainer but never let money take your WORD away man. You Can still speak your mind about how you really feel and still sell the PPV just as well as you can by not.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THESE GUYS?

Well, Bradely doesn't want to get hit too hard. He's doing a Shane Mosley right now. Joshua Clottey acted the same way. I see a pattern

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 22 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #7

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

manny must have special powers

lately dudes have been smiling and laughing when they do a staredown

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 22 2012, 07:52 AM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

i seen a pic on boxingscene where pacquiao has a camera taking pics of bradley

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 22 2012, 09:52 AM
Post #9

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Gambit808 @ Feb 21 2012, 10:21 PM) *
Lol, yea i hear you man, but don't your think that a small reason why Juan Manuel Marquez has Pacquiao number is because he actually shows his dislike towards Pacquiao hence taking him out of his sort nice guy smiley face image, i believe getting under a guys skin can play a factor in the way they perform in a fight and guys like Bradley, Mosley, Clottey & Cotto just never showed that. They always claim they respect him or like him before they even fight the guy. I don't know maybe it's a tactic on Manny's part or something to bring out the nice side of his opponents or whatever, i just wanna see a fighter that just does not have any respect for the guy and let Pacquiao know that this ain't no smiling fun game "when we fight i'm coming for your head".

You know, I never thought about the Pac/Marquez situation like that. Good stuff. As far as his past opponents, I just believe that they're happy to be getting a payday, especially Mosley.

He definitely lucked up, especially after he whored for that Mayweather fight, had a good round and blew the rest, then had that terrible outing against Mora...he knew that was his last chance at a paycheck.

I believe the only guy that can provide that "no respect" factor is Mayweather. Think about it, he has said and done too much already, and people hated just for being who he was. They hate him more day by day, because the fight hasn't happened yet.

No matter what his approach may be during the build-up for the megafight (if it happens), people are still going to boo him like crazy, so Im sure he'll treat Pacquiao the same way he treated De La Hoya during their huge build-up.

Hell, if I knew I was gonna get shit on by viewers and people in attendance, then I'd act an ass too. Besides, the same results are already predetermined, so I dont see the point in reserving any asshole-type behaviors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 22 2012, 10:05 AM
Post #10

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

I'm not saying you can't be humble or respectful to your opponent. However, Tim has never been that way in the past. He's always been a shit talker. So why now is he the giant head gentleman? To me, he's already lost a round in the fight. Manny's toughest challenges came from guys who wanted nothign to do with his "charming" personality.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 11:52 AM