Reply to this topicStart new topic
> David Diaz Officially retires
fightscoreollect...
post Feb 23 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #1

Super Flyweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,394

David has just mentioned this on his radio show , he was offered both marquez and Linares but has knocked them back because he feels his health and his family are most important at this time in his life.

Diaz was a Former Olympian and WBC 135lb champion

Enjoy your retirement - Diaz always came to fight.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2012, 07:49 PM
Post #2

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Cant say that I didn't see this coming. It was about that time anyway. He had been in too many wars, and didn't profit all that much from it (in my opinion). What a warrior Diaz was, hands down.

After that knockout loss to Hank Lundy last year, I knew that was it for him. I almost wish his potential fight with Marquez would've materialized, instead of that crash dummy stand-in that Marquez KO'd in the first round in July.

Diaz was a great champion...

+Quote Post
pimpfighterROQ
post Feb 23 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #3

Bantamweight

Member No.: 12,368

much respect to a great fighter. Too bad he didn't quite make it big. But he fought his heart out always.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post Feb 23 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #4

Light Heavyweight

Member No.: 12,858

I was at the fight between Diaz and Lundy. He was doing a very good job until he got caught. I think it's time he hangs em up. He was a warrior in the ring and always gave maximum effort

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 24 2012, 09:42 AM
Post #5

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Glad to see him get out of the game. He was headed in that "about to lose his marbles for good" direction if he wemt through any more wars.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 07:49 PM) *
Cant say that I didn't see this coming. It was about that time anyway. He had been in too many wars, and didn't profit all that much from it (in my opinion). What a warrior Diaz was, hands down.

After that knockout loss to Hank Lundy last year, I knew that was it for him. I almost wish his potential fight with Marquez would've materialized, instead of that crash dummy stand-in that Marquez KO'd in the first round in July.

Diaz was a great champion...

I wasn't a member of this board when that fight happened. None of my friends watch boxing as much as I do to see that fight. If you don't mind me asking you, that Marquez fight vs Likar Ramos was a clear dive right? Not saying Marquez couldn't have beat him but c'mon. That KO looked fake as shit.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 24 2012, 10:15 AM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 24 2012, 09:42 AM) *
I wasn't a member of this board when that fight happened. None of my friends watch boxing as much as I do to see that fight. If you don't mind me asking you, that Marquez fight vs Likar Ramos was a clear dive right? Not saying Marquez couldn't have beat him but c'mon. That KO looked fake as shit.

I guess the guy's exaggerated body language raised suspicion, but hell, Marquez did catch him on the button though. I've never known Marquez to be a one-punch KO-type fighter, but this dude reminded me of a sitcom where somebody is thrown across the room, but it's clear that's it's a man-sized doll and not an actual person (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I believe Diaz would've given Marquez a tough fight, even though he's seen better days in the ring. He would've done his best in the fight, which would've put a few more miles on Marquez before the rubber match. That bum he fought, reflected nothing more than another day of sparring.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 06:25 PM