IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> chad dawson interview..., very on point!!!
daprofessor
post Feb 26 2012, 02:59 PM
Post #21

Cruiserweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 26 2012, 01:22 PM) *
I love how people keep referencing their "last fight" when it was what, 4 minutes long? Like 4 minutes has anything to do with how a 36 minute fight would go.

Hopkins has looked like shit for 4 minutes against lots of his opponents and more often than not he ends up beating them.

sure it was only 4 minutes...but what about all the years bhop acted like dawson didn't exist or wanted no parts of him? that has to count for something. bhop never wanted to fight him and he and his ppl have let that be known on several occasions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 26 2012, 05:02 PM
Post #22

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2012, 07:56 PM) *
certain fighters do that shit and get away with it. it's a fight. floyd does it with his forearm to all of his opponents...klit did it to haye....bhop tried to do it to chad. which guy would u rather be? it's a fight. plenty other boxers have been tossed to the canvas and got back up to fight intstead of bitching out and faking injury. if ur going to take it there...be ready for the consequences. i might be alone in this...but i wasn't surprised or mad when tyson bit holyfields ear. the ref did absolutely nothing to stop it or help tyson...he took matters into his own hands. i'd rather be tyson with a piece of holyfields ear in my mouth rather than rahman looking like the elephant man. i don't need to justify it to u. no matter how silly or misguided i think ur opinion may be...ur entitled to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

but theres a difference between doing something that would effectively end a fight due to injurying another fighter in another way, and the general use of illegal tactics lets call them. you believe so strongly that he faked an injury when am sure this was taken into account when hopkins got his title back, since you know better than everyone, i guess your opinion is as silly or misguided as i thought.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 26 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 26 2012, 02:59 PM) *
what about all the years bhop acted like dawson didn't exist or wanted no parts of him? that has to count for something. bhop never wanted to fight him and he and his ppl have let that be known on several occasions.

For the record, he acted as if Dawson didn't existed, because monetarily, he didn't. Hopkins was staring down bigger fights, and Dawson wasn't even on the radar. Of course he would've been a big challenge for him, but for a guy fighting on father time with big name opponents in his division, can you blame him?

Dawson was too busy fighting old men, which didn't help his career at all. He was still green at the time, seriously. Imagine what little that would've done for Bernard's career back then, and compare it to the lousy numbers that their recent fight did. Besides, Hopkins had JUST broken a huge record in the sport, which gave his career another breath of fresh air, but still didn't help the numbers.

So it's safe to say that Bernard still needs big names to get paid, which Dawson still isn't (a big name). Funny how a guy like Pascal was put in front of Dawson, and all he could manage to do was get thrown off his game, and people still try to give him credit for that last-minute comeback that he pulled out of his ass. For somebody who REALLY wanted a Hopkins fight, he did poor job convincing us.

If anything, Dawson needs to be thankful that the fight even took place to begin with. Lastly, he needs to be thankful that it ended the way it did, so now the rematch gets more exposure...something that Chad is incapable of producing with his elementary-level dialogue.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 03:52 PM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 26 2012, 05:02 PM) *
but theres a difference between doing something that would effectively end a fight due to injurying another fighter in another way, and the general use of illegal tactics lets call them. you believe so strongly that he faked an injury when am sure this was taken into account when hopkins got his title back, since you know better than everyone, i guess your opinion is as silly or misguided as i thought.

again...plenty of fighters have been fouled in several different ways. not all of them fake injury to end a fight or avoid the impending ass whoopin.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 03:57 PM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 26 2012, 08:18 PM) *
For the record, he acted as if Dawson didn't existed, because monetarily, he didn't. Hopkins was staring down bigger fights, and Dawson wasn't even on the radar. Of course he would've been a big challenge for him, but for a guy fighting on father time with big name opponents in his division, can you blame him?

Dawson was too busy fighting old men, which didn't help his career at all. He was still green at the time, seriously. Imagine what little that would've done for Bernard's career back then, and compare it to the lousy numbers that their recent fight did. Besides, Hopkins had JUST broken a huge record in the sport, which gave his career another breath of fresh air, but still didn't help the numbers.

So it's safe to say that Bernard still needs big names to get paid, which Dawson still isn't (a big name). Funny how a guy like Pascal was put in front of Dawson, and all he could manage to do was get thrown off his game, and people still try to give him credit for that last-minute comeback that he pulled out of his ass. For somebody who REALLY wanted a Hopkins fight, he did poor job convincing us.

If anything, Dawson needs to be thankful that the fight even took place to begin with. Lastly, he needs to be thankful that it ended the way it did, so now the rematch gets more exposure...something that Chad is incapable of producing with his elementary-level dialogue.

i agree with the bolded statement...the rest...not so much. pascal wasn't an easy fight for bhop either. let's not act like pascal is a bum. he had bhop rocked on several occasions. against chad...he came apart like a cheap suit and there is absolutely no denying that his hometown ref and doctor saved him. if anything...i think his poor performances led to hopkins taking the fight the first time. i don't know how...or why....but i did not expect this rematch to get made. chad is going to retire popkins.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 04:07 PM
Post #26

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 03:57 PM) *
i agree with the bolded statement...

Honestly, the bolded statement was all that mattered back then. Even if Dawson was "a risk" back then, he still wasn't going to bring any money to the table. If you look at it again, how many PPVs did they sell?

Imagine if that fight happened back then. It wouldn't have served Bernard any purpose, hence the number they just did. Pascal wasn't a bum, and him beating Chad, landed him a Hopkins fight...a controversial one, that catapulted a big rematch, in which Hopkins broke a boxing record in great fashion.

Dawson is just boring and he's a freakin' cry baby, with limited literary skills and no fuckin' personality. If anything, being vocally/promotionally impressive, has been Dawson's biggest fight to this day, which is an uphill battle.

Let's not forget to mention his "lapsy daisy" ring appeal, which has done him no favors, and all he can come up with is, "Bernard's scared of me, he's been avoiding me". Very original of him, he should ask Guerrero what favors that's done for him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #27

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 04:07 PM) *
Honestly, the bolded statement was all that mattered back then. Even if Dawson was "a risk" back then, he still wasn't going to bring any money to the table. If you look at it again, how many PPVs did they sell?

Imagine if that fight happened back then. It wouldn't have served Bernard any purpose, hence the number they just did. Pascal wasn't a bum, and him beating Chad, landed him a Hopkins fight...a controversial one, that catapulted a big rematch, in which Hopkins broke a boxing record in great fashion.

Dawson is just boring and he's a freakin' cry baby, with limited literary skills and no fuckin' personality. If anything, being vocally/promotionally impressive, has been Dawson's biggest fight to this day, which is an uphill battle.

Let's not forget to mention his "lapsy daisy" ring appeal, which has done him no favors, and all he can come up with is, "Bernard's scared of me, he's been avoiding me". Very original of him, he should ask Guerrero what favors that's done for him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

honestly...i could not care less about his promotional skills...or his ability to talk shit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) usually the guys who have to sell themselves offer the least. i think chad is more skilled than most. some ppl find checkers very entertaining...i've always loved chess. same with pop music....it appeals to the masses. i love jazz. it's just one of those things i guess. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

bhop fought librado andrade's brother...a guy whose name i cannot recall. he wasn't a title holder. he's hardly been televised. that fight happened before the rjj rematch. if he can fight a guy like that....than chad was an option. bhop chose pascal because he saw all the technical flaws that he knew he could exploit. make no mistake about it. bhop has always done it his way. he is one of the best at picking the opponents he can beat. i think his time is up though.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 04:15 PM) *
honestly...i could not care less about his promotional skills...or his ability to talk shit.

Dawson needs to fix that for you, and especially for the ones that dont know him. Im not saying that EVERY fighter is going to make 8 figures and be huge PPV stars in their careers, but one should aspire to do such. Hell, at least they will make some decent money along the way, whether they succeed or fail at it.

usually the guys who have to sell themselves offer the least.

I will go and repeat this to Mayweather, so he can laugh at me and gladly tell me to go and fuck myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i think chad is more skilled than most.

He should utilize those skills to build a fight, or at least build his name up. Little does he know, whether he decides to make a name for himself or not...people will always give him a name. Right now, I just see him as a boring fighter with no means of verbally/promotionally making himself known...I haven't come up with a sarcastic name for him yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

some ppl find checkers very entertaining...i've always loved chess. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like little bit of both. In comparison, I like Gatti/Ward type fights (checkers), and I also like Mayweather-type fighters (chess).

same with pop music....it appeals to the masses. i love jazz. it's just one of those things i guess. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You have to expand your horizons Professor!

bhop fought librado andrade's brother...a guy whose name i cannot recall. he wasn't a title holder. he's hardly been televised. that fight happened before the rjj rematch. if he can fight a guy like that....than chad was an option. bhop chose pascal because he saw all the technical flaws that he knew he could exploit. make no mistake about it. bhop has always done it his way. he is one of the best at picking the opponents he can beat. i think his time is up though.

I remember that fight...it was the same night that Danny Green took RJJ on that tea-cup ride (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The fact of the matter is, everybody knew that RJJ and Hopkins were supposed to fight in the upcoming months, though Roy almost blew it when he got flattened.

Of course Hopkins would pick Pascal...ESPECIALLY after he just beat Dawson. Whether he saw technical flaws in Jean or not, he still could've used the excuse that Dawson couldn't get past Pascal the Rascal.

Point is, Chad came up short, so he had to take the back seat (once again), and he found himself fighting on the undercard of the Hopkins/Pascal rematch. He was lucky to get the first Hopkins fight, or maybe he got that with Bernard by default.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 07:13 PM
Post #29

Cruiserweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 06:16 PM) *
Dawson needs to fix that for you, and especially for the ones that dont know him. Im not saying that EVERY fighter is going to make 8 figures and be huge PPV stars in their careers, but one should aspire to do such. Hell, at least they will make some decent money along the way, whether they succeed or fail at it.

I will go and repeat this to Mayweather, so he can laugh at me and gladly tell me to go and fuck myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

He should utilize those skills to build a fight, or at least build his name up. Little does he know, whether he decides to make a name for himself or not...people will always give him a name. Right now, I just see him as a boring fighter with no means of verbally/promotionally making himself known...I haven't come up with a sarcastic name for him yet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I like little bit of both. In comparison, I like Gatti/Ward type fights (checkers), and I also like Mayweather-type fighters (chess).

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

You have to expand your horizons Professor!

I remember that fight...it was the same night that Danny Green took RJJ on that tea-cup ride (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) The fact of the matter is, everybody knew that RJJ and Hopkins were supposed to fight in the upcoming months, though Roy almost blew it when he got flattened.

Of course Hopkins would pick Pascal...ESPECIALLY after he just beat Dawson. Whether he saw technical flaws in Jean or not, he still could've used the excuse that Dawson couldn't get past Pascal the Rascal.

Point is, Chad came up short, so he had to take the back seat (once again), and he found himself fighting on the undercard of the Hopkins/Pascal rematch. He was lucky to get the first Hopkins fight, or maybe he got that with Bernard by default.

that sad part of it all....when chad beats bhop...he won't get the credit he deserves.

i like bhop...but he's pulled the wool over everyones eyes for years.

This post has been edited by daprofessor: Feb 27 2012, 07:13 PM

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 27 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #30

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 08:52 PM) *
again...plenty of fighters have been fouled in several different ways. not all of them fake injury to end a fight or avoid the impending ass whoopin.

this pretty much refers nothing to my point or even answers it, so in this statement you seem to think that Hopkins was fouled? if that's so doesn't a foul usually constitute something that shouldn't happen due the danger it imposes on a fighter aside from the general blunt trauma to the head, I mean it's illegal for a reason. The reason Dawson did it because the crowd went wild when they thought that Dawson got KD, he obviously lost his cool. Stop trying to justify fouling, I bet if it was Hopkins that did that, you'd be burning him at the stake, why? Cause it's Hopkins, Mr Con. I mean your little choir boy Dawson wouldn't dream of fouling someone in a boxing match...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:46 PM