IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> chad dawson interview..., very on point!!!
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 08:46 PM
Post #31

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 07:13 PM) *
that sad part of it all....when chad beats bhop...he won't get the credit he deserves.

i like bhop...but he's pulled the wool over everyones eyes for years.

Yeah you're right about that, but again, whose to blame for him not getting credit for it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iKeNjiro
post Feb 28 2012, 05:23 AM
Post #32

Bantamweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,431

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 10:18 AM) *
For the record, he acted as if Dawson didn't existed, because monetarily, he didn't. Hopkins was staring down bigger fights, and Dawson wasn't even on the radar. Of course he would've been a big challenge for him, but for a guy fighting on father time with big name opponents in his division, can you blame him?

Dawson was too busy fighting old men, which didn't help his career at all. He was still green at the time, seriously. Imagine what little that would've done for Bernard's career back then, and compare it to the lousy numbers that their recent fight did. Besides, Hopkins had JUST broken a huge record in the sport, which gave his career another breath of fresh air, but still didn't help the numbers.

So it's safe to say that Bernard still needs big names to get paid, which Dawson still isn't (a big name). Funny how a guy like Pascal was put in front of Dawson, and all he could manage to do was get thrown off his game, and people still try to give him credit for that last-minute comeback that he pulled out of his ass. For somebody who REALLY wanted a Hopkins fight, he did poor job convincing us.

If anything, Dawson needs to be thankful that the fight even took place to begin with. Lastly, he needs to be thankful that it ended the way it did, so now the rematch gets more exposure...something that Chad is incapable of producing with his elementary-level dialogue.

When did we as boxers, and boxing fans start to care about what you said in the bold?
Who cares how he talks and what not or acting to sale a fight.
yea Dawson upsets me when he hurts guys and does nothing, or when he looks lost in his mind...
But the Man has never cheated and always come to fight and win, takes great shots
what is with the disliking of Dawson?

Hopkins is a cheater and known cheater...actually I am tired of writing the same shit over and over lol

we can bet on the fight whoever wants to

Dawson wins and wins big...

+Quote Post
mgrover
post Feb 28 2012, 08:30 AM
Post #33

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 12,366

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 28 2012, 10:23 AM) *

its the fact that he acted like he was the champ and that he knocked hopkins the fuck out, or that maybe he won't own up to what he did is why i dislike him. when he went off shouting at the end like a bitch because he worked so hard for 8 week, what do other boxers say to that shit then, people who wana win work hard theres no two ways about it. he was almost complaining about having to train for 8 weeks.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #34

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 28 2012, 05:23 AM) *
When did we as boxers, and boxing fans start to care about what you said in the bold?

Im not saying that we ALL care about a fighter's ability to sell themselves and so forth, but when the sport moved to premium networks and PPV, THAT'S when it became an issue. Seriously, why do you think Dawson has been calling Hopkins out all these years? Hopkins was the top guy in the division, well, close enough anyway.

The same went for Mayweather back in the day when he was calling out Oscar, and Shane did the same. C'mon, these are the pros, these guys dont call these guys out to show that they are "the best". They do it for a payday, and hope to cross over in the public. Some guys can fight the top names and still not be a huge star (i.e. Mosley after the Oscar fights).

Thats why I say that Dawson got this fight by default, because honestly, there's no one else left in the LHW division, that can bring him the type of money that he wants. Im not saying that Bernard is a huge draw, but he's the biggest draw at LHW, and there was nothing left for him in the division.

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Feb 28 2012, 05:23 AM) *

What is there to like about him? His chest was full of hot air and confidence after the fight, but leading up to the fight, he carried on with this dry dialogue and uncertainty. Had he not tried to beat Hopkins being dirty in the fight, then maybe we wouldn't be discussing this rematch.

He scooped the man up and pushed him off. Sadly, their feet were tangled, and Hopkins took a dive, and the fight ended. So for him to walk around like he did something, or for people to say that those 2 rounds told a story, is ridiculous.

Oh yeah...let's not forget how bold he was in saying that he didn't want a rematch once he was crowned champ after that travesty. Honestly, he was okay with the way it ended and wanted no parts of Bernard. THEN, when the ruling was overturned and Hopkins got his title back, Chad started screaming for a rematch. Funny that this is a guy that everyone chooses to support though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 28 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #35

ON the edge

Member No.: 240

Hopkins doesn't fear Dawson in the least. Pascal is faster, hits harder, is more awkward and is more explosive than Dawson and Hopkins beat him twice (yes, twice). Pascal possessed similar traits to the undefeated Taylor that also gave Hopkins problems.

Dawson doesn't have anything Hopkins hasn't seen before. I picture Dawson struggling and having flat spots against Pascal, Tarver, Johnson etc and honestly I don't see how he can be favored to beat Hopkins.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 29 2012, 02:08 PM
Post #36

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 28 2012, 10:02 PM) *
Hopkins doesn't fear Dawson in the least. Pascal is faster, hits harder, is more awkward and is more explosive than Dawson and Hopkins beat him twice (yes, twice). Pascal possessed similar traits to the undefeated Taylor that also gave Hopkins problems.

Dawson doesn't have anything Hopkins hasn't seen before. I picture Dawson struggling and having flat spots against Pascal, Tarver, Johnson etc and honestly I don't see how he can be favored to beat Hopkins.

pascal fights off the front foot and is much easier to hit than chad. pascal is also a one trick pony who does the same shit over and over. dawson is more elusive and more skilled.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 29 2012, 06:44 PM
Post #37

ON the edge

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 29 2012, 02:08 PM) *
pascal fights off the front foot and is much easier to hit than chad. pascal is also a one trick pony who does the same shit over and over. dawson is more elusive and more skilled.

...and Dawson lost more rounds than he won against Pascal, so what does that say? If a "one trick pony" didn't have trouble winning rounds against Dawson, how do you think a guy like Hopkins that is able to adapt and certainly has many more tricks in his bag will do? Pascal, Tarver, Johnson - these guys all landed on Dawson... and Hopkins' accuracy/timing is light years better than those guys.

So, in your opinion why did Pascal do well against Dawson (aside from running close to E at the end) You say Dawson is more elusive, more skilled, is harder to hit and his more versatile than Pascal. Yet he lost. Please explain.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 29 2012, 07:50 PM
Post #38

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 29 2012, 07:44 PM) *
...and Dawson lost more rounds than he won against Pascal, so what does that say? If a "one trick pony" didn't have trouble winning rounds against Dawson, how do you think a guy like Hopkins that is able to adapt and certainly has many more tricks in his bag will do? Pascal, Tarver, Johnson - these guys all landed on Dawson... and Hopkins' accuracy/timing is light years better than those guys.

So, in your opinion why did Pascal do well against Dawson (aside from running close to E at the end) You say Dawson is more elusive, more skilled, is harder to hit and his more versatile than Pascal. Yet he lost. Please explain.

it says styles make fights. what matters in my eyes is that he had pascal figured out in the end...and would have ktfo'd him if the dr and the ref didn't save him in his home town.

hopkins knows why dawson isn't the easier opponent. it's why he didn't fight him all that time. it's also why he faked injury to avoid an ass whoopin. when the rematch happens...u'll see what dawson, bhop and myself already know...chad is going to whoop him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 29 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #39

ON the edge

We've already hashed out the you think he faked the injury thing - we're all entitled to our opinions. We'll talk on the 29th of April.

+Quote Post
BrutalBodyShots
post Feb 29 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #40

ON the edge

Actually better yet, since you say Chad is going to whoop him... why don't you give me a breakdown of the fight as you see it panning out, and then I'll do the same for you and we'll see who is more accurate once the fight is over. Obviously we already know you are taking Dawson and I'm taking Hopkins... but let's be more specific.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 06:58 PM