IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HBO@10PM(ET)/7PM(PT)-Alexander vs. Maidana: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later, No New Spoilers, Duplicate Threads, or Public Streams
sduck
post Feb 27 2012, 04:04 AM
Post #81

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Feb 26 2012, 01:19 PM) *
Yup, I remember it; I started it. And my call on that sounds about right considering the guy got shut out or at best one 1 round against Alexander, a guy many thought would get broken down.

Looks like you were right... as i watched the fight, I thought either Alexander just put on a tremendous performance, or Maidana don't really have it. Lets all be honest, we were all way off. Who would of thought Devon would of pulled this off? I think its both to be quite right. Alexander just did a hell of a job, while Maidana put on a sub-par performance. Or to be more simple, Devon carried the weight at welterweight much better than Maidana did. Sounds reasonable to me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sduck
post Feb 27 2012, 04:07 AM
Post #82

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,788

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 26 2012, 09:06 PM) *
Broner looked great against decent opposition. Solid defense and controlled aggression on offense. His trash talkin is becoming annoying. Not because I hate trash talking (I actually like it. It's exciting when a guy can talk junk and back it up). Broner's just seemed incredibly scripted though. It was really corny in my opinion. He clearly seems to try to bite Mayweather. Guys Floyd, Roy, Ali etc, the trash seemed to roll off their tongue. It was like he was thinking of his lines when Max was interviewing him. N that rap entrance was lame (except for the Spanish guy tryna hit him like this was WWE lol). I know this has nothing to do with the fight but really, Eloy was overwhelmed. We all saw that. Also, that lil merengue he did with Perez in the ring was hilarious

Alexander wasn't as impressive to me as other ppl thought he was. I give him tons of credit. I thought Maidana was going to win. Alexander fought a solid fight. His footwork, stepping around after his punch, was brilliant. However, I thought Maidana's uncharacteristically dull effort made him look more dominant than he was. The thing that turned me off from Alexander to begin with is exactly what Kevin Cunningham was yelling at him all night. He's WAY too wound up when he fights. It's like his nerves take over when he starts getting pressured. If you noticed, he came out and wasn't grunting (annoying). then Maidana had a decent second round n out came the grunt. Not taking away from his performance, but he's incredibly too jittery. When Cunningham kept saying, this is easy...just relax, I got exactly what he was saying.

100% agreed with both parts.

+Quote Post
The Original MrF...
post Feb 27 2012, 08:22 AM
Post #83

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 1,309

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 12:59 AM) *
I think a guy like ortiz would put a hurting on Alexander. I wouldn't wish Alexander vs Khan on my worst enemy, two guys grunting slap punching and running and clinching as soon as they feel a fly land on em lol.

A match that would be interesting to me would be berto vs Alexander

I'm thinking Ortiz isnt going to be a WW for much longer. The guy is big enough to move up to 154. He was pretty big for the Mayweather fight. Ortiz reminds me of Fernando Vargas for some reason. I see Alexander as a tougher grittier Zab Judah at 147. Alexander will need to fight a bonafide guy at 147, in a 12 rounder to get respect at the weight. I'd even take JMM against Alexander to see what the kid is really made of.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 7 8 9
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2014 - 04:14 PM