> Rios vs. Gamboa
Cshel86
post Feb 23 2012, 01:25 PM
Post #11

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:28 PM) *
Haha, that Tim Bradley gif/photo is hilarious!!! Tiny Timmy in the heezeey!!!

Re. lightweight, how about Adrian Broner?

Ha! I saw the pic The Scene, and I HAD to add some caption to it. Hell, I may just open a thread for it!

As far as a match up with Broner at LW, Rios would be dead a door knob for that fight. Then it would all depend on whether or not Broner wanted to move up to LW. Let's not forget Arum is involved. No way he puts his fighter in there with a guy that vividly reminds him of the person that he hates with a passion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 23 2012, 02:06 PM
Post #12

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Def agree with you about that. It's the cotto mayweather scenario all over again Haha

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 23 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #13

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:48 PM) *
No big money fight, But, there is Miguel Vazquez who might be the most underrated fighter in the sport right now

Who are you talking about? Oscar himself? It has to be, since he is the one who picked the weight-class. Obviously you do not know what the hell you're talking about or is choosing to re-write history. Which is it?

Okay man, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Heavy sarcasm.....

You know what, let's discuss. What weight was De La Hoya campaigning at before he fought the saint? That includes the Mayweather bout.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 23 2012, 02:29 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 23 2012, 02:18 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 23 2012, 01:25 PM) *
Ha! I saw the pic The Scene, and I HAD to add some caption to it. Hell, I may just open a thread for it!

As far as a match up with Broner at LW, Rios would be dead a door knob for that fight. Then it would all depend on whether or not Broner wanted to move up to LW. Let's not forget Arum is involved. No way he puts his fighter in there with a guy that vividly reminds him of the person that he hates with a passion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My fault, wrong division.

+Quote Post
jrosales13
post Feb 23 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #15

Amateur

Member No.: 12,657

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Okay man, I have no idea what I'm talking about. Heavy sarcasm.....

You know what, let's discuss. What weight was De La Hoya campaigning at before he fought the saint? That includes the Mayweather bout.

154 Your point? Now who called out who? Who went after who especially after seeing what Margarito did to Cotto?

Again either you do not know what the hell you're talking about or are just trying to re-write history.

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 23 2012, 04:10 PM
Post #16

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 03:44 PM) *
154 Your point? Now who called out who? Who went after who especially after seeing what Margarito did to Cotto?

Again either you do not know what the hell you're talking about or are just trying to re-write history.

"My point...?" I don't need to try to rewrite history. Oscar was fighting at 154 and had been for a few fights, if not several fights. Manny wouldn't accept the challenge at that weight. I don't need to convince you. If your boy Manny wasn't such a pussy hole he would've taken the fight at 154.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 23 2012, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post
jrosales13
post Feb 23 2012, 04:17 PM
Post #17

Amateur

Member No.: 12,657

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Feb 23 2012, 05:10 PM) *
I don't need to try to rewrite history. Oscar was fighting at 154, Manny wouldn't accept the challenge at that weight. I don't need to convince you. If your boy Manny wasn't such a pussy hole he would've taken the fight at 154.

When was the fight offer at 154? Oscar was coming down to 147 for a rematch with Floyd. He was talking about going down to 147 in 05-06, he was at the cover of ring magazine titled "Svelter Welter" long before Pac came into the picture. It was Oscar who tried to cherry pick Pacquiao and it was Oscar who chose the fight at WW not the other way around. And, he did it so it could be see somewhat of a legit fight. Since earlier that Pac had fought JMM at 130 and only had 1 fight at 135. People was already considering that fight a joke and was saying Oscar should be fighting Margarito instead.

It's obvious that you're just a Johnny Come lately fan. And, don't know a damn thing of what you're trying to speak of. You not trying to re-write history your dumbass just doesn't know WTF you're talking about. Just STFU.

+Quote Post
BartSimpson
post Feb 23 2012, 07:47 PM
Post #18

Amateur

Member No.: 13,555

I don't think Gamboa is on the Juice like Pacroid is.
Rios is way too big for this guy, and having him move up in weight sounds like a classic Top Rank tactic to me. He's getting thrown under the bus, set up to fail. Is he leaving Top Rank or something?

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 23 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #19

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (jrosales13 @ Feb 23 2012, 04:17 PM) *
When was the fight offer at 154? Oscar was coming down to 147 for a rematch with Floyd. He was talking about going down to 147 in 05-06, he was at the cover of ring magazine titled "Svelter Welter" long before Pac came into the picture. It was Oscar who tried to cherry pick Pacquiao and it was Oscar who chose the fight at WW not the other way around. And, he did it so it could be see somewhat of a legit fight. Since earlier that Pac had fought JMM at 130 and only had 1 fight at 135. People was already considering that fight a joke and was saying Oscar should be fighting Margarito instead.

It's obvious that you're just a Johnny Come lately fan. And, don't know a damn thing of what you're trying to speak of. You not trying to re-write history your dumbass just doesn't know WTF you're talking about. Just STFU.

What you're doing is inferring. I'm going off the fights that Oscar actually had around that time. Steve Forbes etc. I'd post a link for your stupid ass to follow to see what weights he fought at before bitch ass Pacquaio, but I think even your neanderthal self can do a search. I'm not privy to negotiations. If you aren't an insider don't act like one. Anybody can type STFU and talk shit online. As I said, I don't care what you say. I know who Oscar fought, what the weight was and that your boy the Saint and the Bobfather are glad that morons like you act like they know boxing.

Oh and as far as me being a Johnny Come Lately, that's exactly what your mother said.

This post has been edited by Cheesey1: Feb 23 2012, 07:59 PM

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 23 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #20

Super Middleweight

QUOTE (BartSimpson @ Feb 23 2012, 07:47 PM) *
I don't think Gamboa is on the Juice like Pacroid is.
Rios is way too big for this guy, and having him move up in weight sounds like a classic Top Rank tactic to me. He's getting thrown under the bus, set up to fail. Is he leaving Top Rank or something?

There was an interview or something with Roger Mayweather where he said that Gamboa was signing with Mayweather promotions. I have no idea if that's true.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2014 - 04:45 AM