Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rios vs. Gamboa
Cshel86
post Feb 24 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

C'mon Pimp, you know these type of things happen all the time. You should see the Gamboa/Rios thread from a couple of weeks ago (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cheesey1
post Feb 24 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #42

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,505

QUOTE (pimpfighterROQ @ Feb 24 2012, 12:10 PM) *
Geez this thread is about Rios being dead beat making 135, making the Gamboa fight like the dela hoya vs pac fight. Lol dont turn this to a pactard thread pls. I knew i shouldnt have made the comparison lol.

Haha, I'm over it. It's always interesting dealing with a live pactard, but I think that I'm fine for the rest of the year.

+Quote Post
Slumpage
post Feb 29 2012, 09:02 AM
Post #43

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,226

What I don't get is, during the HBO thing, it seemed like Rios and his team were totally done with 135lb. Saying he'd outgrown it etc, so even with this nutritionist etc, it seems like most of his camp is gonna be about cutting weight rather than preparing for a fight. He got away with it against Murray, but he can't expect that approach to work against someone with Gamboa's qualities...

Maybe he's jus gonna do a Floyd (vs Marquez) and jus come in a bit over and pay a fine?

Eitherway, i still see Gamboa beating him and stopping him... My opinion and I aint changing it till i see different! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 29 2012, 09:29 AM
Post #44

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Slumpage @ Feb 29 2012, 09:02 AM) *
What I don't get is, during the HBO thing, it seemed like Rios and his team were totally done with 135lb. Saying he'd outgrown it etc, so even with this nutritionist etc, it seems like most of his camp is gonna be about cutting weight rather than preparing for a fight. He got away with it against Murray, but he can't expect that approach to work against someone with Gamboa's qualities...

Maybe he's jus gonna do a Floyd (vs Marquez) and jus come in a bit over and pay a fine?

Eitherway, i still see Gamboa beating him and stopping him... My opinion and I aint changing it till i see different! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aggressive.gif)

Great points! Hopefully Rios started managing his weight at least a month ago, instead of waiting for training camp...hopefully that's the case. He did get away with it against Murray, but Im sure he knows that he's not in there with a slugger this time.

If Rios still want respect from the fans, then hopefully he doesn't come in overweight on purpose...being the fact that fans gave him shit for not making weight last time. As far as your prediction....I will hold you to that until the fight happens (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Good stuff though...

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 01:11 PM