IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could a Possible Alexander/Bradley Rematch, Strike Interest in the Near Future???, Look at how things are panning out...
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 10:35 AM
Post #1

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Seriously guys, Im sure that the results of the first Alexander/Bradley fight, left a bad taste in everybody's mouth...well at least it did for me. With that said, I didn't hear many people demanding a rematch, but Im sure we can all agree with that the bout was promoted and set up all wrong. It got little attention, and the location was a bummer.

At this point in time, Alexander has fought fought Bradley once, had a "less than pleasing" fight with Matthysse, and dominantly beat the odds against Maidana in his WW debut. Bardley is fighting Pacquiao this summer, so Im sure more people will know who he is, this time around.

Im not sure how Top Rank and Golden Boy will work this one out (if there's a chance) but I think people would want to see it again after all this time has passed. I believe the first fight was premature, but that's just me. I have more points, but I dont want to kill any responses.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 27 2012, 02:00 PM
Post #2

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

Didn't Bradley fight abregu at 147?.. I would have to see how Bradley looks in the pac fight because he looks fat right now. But I would take Bradley still, theirs a difference between turning maidana and Tim

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 02:32 PM
Post #3

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 02:00 PM) *
Didn't Bradley fight abregu at 147?.. I would have to see how Bradley looks in the pac fight because he looks fat right now. But I would take Bradley still, theirs a difference between turning maidana and Tim

Yep, and he didn't look all that bad as far as carrying the weight. Problem is, he hit Abregu with everything but the kitchen sink and made little impact on him. Same shit, a bunch of of wide and wild ass punches, some head action, and feather fists.

This guy had an interview and pretty much alluded to the fact of "not being able to wait to feel one of Pac's punches, just to see what the fuss is about". Last time I checked, the object of fighting Pac, is to hit and not get hit...as much as possible that is.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 27 2012, 02:45 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Yea if he's planning on getting hit he's not gonna go far. He did stun abregu a few times if I remember but they mostly looked like he was just startled he was hit

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Feb 27 2012, 02:51 PM
Post #5

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

It depends on how well Bradley does. If he gets KO'd by Pac then no. Alexander's stock may rise and a rematch with Bradley maybe risky. If Alexander keeps improving then he maybe in the Mayweather and Pacquiao sweepstakes. If Bradley beats Pacquiao then Alexander is out of the picture. It is Mayweather or bust.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 03:10 PM
Post #6

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 02:45 PM) *
Yea if he's planning on getting hit he's not gonna go far.

I dont think any of these fighters should be in the business of finding out if they can take their opponent's punch, but sadly, there are some crazy ones out there that dont care. For this to be his biggest fight, that should be the last risk that he's willing to take.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 03:15 PM
Post #7

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Bradley can either go back down to 140 is he loses, or it depends on well he looks losing, he can take a few good fights at WW...one being against Alexander. At this point, both guys will be known/somewhat known if a rematch is ever discussed.

Devon just didn't do shit in their first outing, and it's obvious who fought better opposition afterwards. He's had his bumps in the road, and it's time he makes the most of this opportunity. He made a statement with his last fight, especially if he wants to be taken seriously.

It's obvious Maidana just wasn't all there, and anybody can look good against him in spurts, win or lose. Now, he has to step on the gas a bit and apply that same fight game against guys who can move and so forth.

After he gets the winner of Berto/Ortiz (if it happens), then he will be in a demanding position...a position to "righten his wrongs" so to speak, so a Bradley fight could be his next move. I honestly have him in a better outing if he faces Tim again, anyone agree???

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post Feb 27 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #8

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 11,903

if these guys are in the same division and keep winning, people will demand a rematch

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #9

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 02:32 PM) *
Yep, and he didn't look all that bad as far as carrying the weight. Problem is, he hit Abregu with everything but the kitchen sink and made little impact on him. Same shit, a bunch of of wide and wild ass punches, some head action, and feather fists.

This guy had an interview and pretty much alluded to the fact of "not being able to wait to feel one of Pac's punches, just to see what the fuss is about". Last time I checked, the object of fighting Pac, is to hit and not get hit...as much as possible that is.

abregu has never been stopped, he's a bigger guy than bradley and he was undefeated. bradley has never really been a big puncher...but he has a respectable punch.

bradley, like marquez...will not be weight drained so the impact of pac's punches will be less severe. him getting hit by pac is inevitable...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Seriously guys, Im sure that the results of the first Alexander/Bradley fight, left a bad taste in everybody's mouth...well at least it did for me. With that said, I didn't hear many people demanding a rematch, but Im sure we can all agree with that the bout was promoted and set up all wrong. It got little attention, and the location was a bummer.

At this point in time, Alexander has fought fought Bradley once, had a "less than pleasing" fight with Matthysse, and dominantly beat the odds against Maidana in his WW debut. Bardley is fighting Pacquiao this summer, so Im sure more people will know who he is, this time around.

Im not sure how Top Rank and Golden Boy will work this one out (if there's a chance) but I think people would want to see it again after all this time has passed. I believe the first fight was premature, but that's just me. I have more points, but I dont want to kill any responses.

Thoughts?

i agree...the fight was premature and should have been promoted better. i was disappointed in the ending...i wanted something more definitive...but make no mistake about it...bradley broke alexander down and was taking things away from him systematically. alexander saying he couldn't see was his way out of the inevitable ass whoopin. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

fighting alexander after pac will be a step backwards. beating pac would only leave one obvious opponent afterwards and that's floyd. if he loses to pac....then i say make the alexander rematch.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 06:39 AM