IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Could a Possible Alexander/Bradley Rematch, Strike Interest in the Near Future???, Look at how things are panning out...
checkleft
post Feb 27 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #21

Super Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,079

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 27 2012, 07:07 PM) *
khan is and has always been a one trick pony. peterson beat him and peterson is not a pressure fighter and isn't as good as bradley. i thought alexander was/is better than khan and bradley/khan only made sense if khan had 2 belts. at the time the fight was offered, he only had one. it would have been great to see bradley become a unified champion at 140 but the timing was off. bradley made the right decision. if and when bradley and khan ever fight...khan is going to get whooped.

i like bradley's chances against pac. i believe he's going to beat pac...or he'll be robbed. either way...his stock goes up. either way...floyd is going to feel like bradley took something from him....or at least the media is going to play it that way to make that fight. i think bradley is a more complete fighter than ortiz and berto. beating pac and floyd would make him the best at 147....there's no doubt about that. who else would be able to say that?

Damn, your putting all your marbles in the Bradley bag. I like the confidences though

But the thing I like about the division right now is that aside from Bradley any of these guys could knock anyone out. Ortiz and berto can be outboxed but they have the power to knock anyone in the division out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 27 2012, 09:27 PM
Post #22

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 05:31 PM) *
I can see it happening, at least sometime next year if not in the fall.

After Bradley loses June 9th his best options will be khan if he wins the the rematch against Peterson or the Alexander rematch in SL.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #23

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 27 2012, 09:27 PM) *
After Bradley loses June 9th his best options will be khan if he wins the the rematch against Peterson or the Alexander rematch in SL.

I agree, though his rematch with Alexander can probably be held in Vegas this time around. I believe Devon graduated from STL with that dominant win of his last weekend, and Timmy will get his worldwide exposure on June 9th...so that pretty much averages out to a Vegas bout. That's just me though...

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2012, 04:11 AM
Post #24

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 09:44 PM) *
You're right, Khan still fights like an amateur, but the fact is, he had a substantial size difference over Bradley, height more so than reach. You have to think about it, if it went to the cards and Khan had small spurts of trouble, then Tim would've got fucked on the cards, since Amir was the favorite.

Damn Professor, you're pushing this Bradley thing, but I wont give you hell for it. He's just not my type of fighter though...

he's a lot better than ppl give him credit for. he's not amazing in one category...but very solid in all.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 28 2012, 04:14 AM
Post #25

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 09:55 PM) *
Damn, your putting all your marbles in the Bradley bag. I like the confidences though

But the thing I like about the division right now is that aside from Bradley any of these guys could knock anyone out. Ortiz and berto can be outboxed but they have the power to knock anyone in the division out.

it's an exciting division. i'd say berto is the weak link. he won't be in the conversation after the rematch with ortiz. i'd love to see bradley/ortiz/berto. i know berto beat bradley in the amateurs...but it's a whole different ball game in the pros.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Feb 28 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #26

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

Win or Lose, I have no desire to see Alexander vs Bradley again. Despite Devin's showing, I have no reason to think the fight will go any differently. The one thing that I felt he lacked even still vs Maidana (lack of poise when being pressured), is what I felt lost him the fight vs Bradley. Alexander is a pretty good counter puncher, but his anxiety vs Maidana still left me a bit underwhelmed. I think it will get exposed by Bradley, who is more controlled in his aggression. I don't like Bradley but his footwork is way better than Maidana and I think that ultimately was the biggest advantage Alexander had last weekend.

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #27

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 28 2012, 02:12 PM) *
Win or Lose, I have no desire to see Alexander vs Bradley again. Despite Devin's showing, I have no reason to think the fight will go any differently.

+1

I agree. Like the movies, most sequels SUCK too.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 05:46 PM
Post #28

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 03:20 PM) *
I agree. Like the movies, most sequels SUCK too.

Im glad you said "most" sequels suck, because it's not entirely true. Belly 2 had to be one of theee b-b-es...<sigh>...fuck it, I cant even bring myself to say it. Point taken, my bad...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2012, 07:03 PM
Post #29

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Im glad you said "most" sequels suck, because it's not entirely true. Belly 2 had to be one of theee b-b-es...<sigh>...fuck it, I cant even bring myself to say it. Point taken, my bad...

LMAO!!!! Maaaaan, I loved Belly despite it's universally recognized creme de la creme of shitty acting....that being said, I would rather butt rape 60+ y/o nuns in church, than even watch the "credits" to Belly 2. In fact, I forgot there was even evidence that a Belly 2 existed.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #30

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 07:03 PM) *
In fact, I forgot there was even evidence that a Belly 2 existed.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I apologize for the painful reminder! I still think an Alexander/Bradley rematch would be great...only because the first one was premature, and not much happened.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 12:48 AM