> Tale of two press conferences
Franchize
post Feb 28 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #11

Junior Middleweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 04:08 PM) *
Fuck...I forgot who I was talking to. Your history here shows us that your boxing knowledge is limited, to say the least. How is that weak of Shane to constantly touch gloves, when he's done it for his whole career?

JMM had a chip on his shoulder for the last two fights anyway, so he had no reason to be nice to Manny. Besides, he knew what he was up against, as far as the megafight, so he knew his chances of winning on the cards going into the fight. It is a bit true that Manny has had the hardest time with guys who aren't being nice to him, but still, that's not always the case with every other fight.

Do us a favor and save us the agony of you covering up the fact that you're a nutthugger, and you had no plans on watching the June 9th fight to begin with. They are starting the tours on time, as they always do. Remember Mayweather/Ortiz? Didn't they start the pressers months before the fight? FYI, TR does put together decent cards, but you wouldn't know that anyway. Again, I forgot who I was talking to...

I knew I was taking a huge risk by agreeing with Allmenjoi lol
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2012, 04:48 PM
Post #12

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 28 2012, 05:13 PM) *

LOL!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
BigFightFan
post Feb 28 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #13

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,604

Bradley vs PAC will be a good fight that Bradley want win. Actually I think he will get the Ricky Hatton treatment if he throws those wide hooks against manny. Who is with me ? Lol probably no one...

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 05:23 PM
Post #14

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 03:18 PM) *
+1

I was thinking the same thing....history has taught us that smiling, laughing, etc.= a shitty fight? If we're using that model, then Wlad vs. Haye should've been the Hatfields vs. the McCoys, b/c there wasn't NO SMILING going on there. <---- We all know that was a "skunk" weed of a fight.

Exactly! I thought Klitz/Haye was going to be something close to the bloods and crips squaring off, the way Haye conducted himself throughout the build up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) If anything, history has somewhat shown us that former sparring partners make for the worse fights.

QUOTE (Franchize @ Feb 28 2012, 04:13 PM) *

Nah you're good (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Im pretty sure you agreed with the fact that the press conference love was a weird and annoying way of going about selling the fight, just as I did. The part where I started rolling my eyes and thinking, "Oh shit, here we go again", was when i read about the June 9th fight was already being compared to Pac/Mosley.

Hell, Im sure we all remember the Mayweather/De La Hoya press conferences. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought Floyd was gonna say "fuck it" and shank Oscar at every stare down.

THEN, I thought the fight was going to be a massacre (just judging by FMJ's actions at the pressers), but the actual fight didn't live up to it. No doubt it was a good fight, but it wasn't the fight Floyd was selling.

She did make some good points though. Agreeing with her posts usually requires reading the fine print. Its like, if you sign a contract without reading it thoroughly, then best luck to you for being stuck with the headache (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 05:29 PM
Post #15

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Feb 28 2012, 05:17 PM) *
Actually I think he will get the Ricky Hatton treatment if he throws those wide hooks against manny.

I dont know if I've seen Bradley throw too many straight punches...well good ones anyway.

+Quote Post
Allmenjoi8
post Feb 28 2012, 06:18 PM
Post #16

Lightweight

Member No.: 12,125

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 04:08 PM) *
Fuck...I forgot who I was talking to. Your history here shows us that your boxing knowledge is limited, to say the least. How is that weak of Shane to constantly touch gloves, when he's done it for his whole career?

JMM had a chip on his shoulder for the last two fights anyway, so he had no reason to be nice to Manny. Besides, he knew what he was up against, as far as the megafight, so he knew his chances of winning on the cards going into the fight. It is a bit true that Manny has had the hardest time with guys who aren't being nice to him, but still, that's not always the case with every other fight.

Do us a favor and save us the agony of you covering up the fact that you're a nutthugger, and you had no plans on watching the June 9th fight to begin with. They are starting the tours on time, as they always do. Remember Mayweather/Ortiz? Didn't they start the pressers months before the fight? FYI, TR does put together decent cards, but you wouldn't know that anyway. Again, I forgot who I was talking to...

/>?
Where to begin? I have to make this quick.... The Mosely and Pac fight had horrible reviews because of the what? Overly touching of gloves and smiling and winking and everything else. I make no bones that I am a Mayweather fan and I also make no bones that I think Pacquiao is a average fighter at best. You are not fighting to touch gloves you are fighting to fight. If your opponent is like I don't want to touch gloves let's fight you should get the picture. I think you even said what a boring fight it was.
Bradley is out of character is all I know. Posing and laughing it not him and has never been him. I had no plans on buying the Pac fight you are absolutely right.

I forget who I was posting to, Mr. Self Proclaimes Know It All. Keep fishing you may catch something eventually. I never said it was weak of Shane to touch gloves I stated it became overly touching of the gloves nevermind reason for you is hard, I get it.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 07:39 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 06:18 PM) *
The Mosely and Pac fight had horrible reviews because of the what? Overly touching of gloves and smiling and winking and everything else.

It had horrible reviews the day it was announced, so the terrible PPV numbers started before they even stepped in the ring. Mosley got scrubbed by Mayweather, and the Mora fight further solidified the fact that he needed to call it day. Casual fans and victims of curiosity bought the fight because Manny was fighting, and people knew who Shane was.

Trust me, it had nothing to do with the "touching of the gloves", that only further pissed off the people that actually bought it. You ever wonder why we dont have the "official" numbers to that fight?

I make no bones that I am a Mayweather fan

You make that painfully obvious. Funny how you thought he should've "beat the snot" out of Cotto after he beat Corrales in '01...and Cotto was even pro yet.

You are not fighting to touch gloves you are fighting to fight. If your opponent is like I don't want to touch gloves let's fight you should get the picture.

At best, you're a casual fan who only wants to see knockouts, and know nothing of the sweet science. You dont even know what to look for while a fight is, and you actually have the nerve to share your scores of fights, Better yet, you're just a Mayweather fan. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

I think you even said what a boring fight it was.

Sure did...

I had no plans on buying the Pac fight you are absolutely right.

Gee...I wonder what gave you away. The worse part is, you actually have the nerve to author a thread and bash the build up. Who would do sure a stupi...well, nevermind...I forgot who I was talking to. My bad...

I forget who I was posting to, Mr. Self Proclaimes Know It All.

Trust me, you have the uncanny ability of making the dumbest person out there (present company excluded) look like a genius (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes_anim.gif)

Keep fishing you may catch something eventually.

Dont worry I will, and when I find that brain of yours...I'll gladly put it in a bio hazard bag and mail it to you. First class that is...

I never said it was weak of Shane to touch gloves

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:50 PM) *
The Shane Mosley fight pissed me off beyond mention and I didn't even pay for it. very round they are smiling at each other and touching gloves. Weak! Mosley thought that behavior was cool because they were like that the entire lead up to the fight.

Remember this? You never said that though, right?

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/sigh-1.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #18

Welterweight

Member No.: 13,299

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Remember this? You never said that though, right?

(IMG:http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee433/cshel86/sigh-1.gif)

LMBO.....it's like the Eddie Murphy stand up w/ Mr. T.,

Mr. T: Hey, fool. I heard you been talk'n 'bout me

Eddie: No you didn't.

Mr. T: Maybe I didn't.

Jedi Mind trick!!!

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #19

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 08:08 PM) *
LMBO.....it's like the Eddie Murphy stand up w/ Mr. T.,

Mr. T: Hey, fool. I heard you been talk'n 'bout me

Eddie: No you didn't.

Mr. T: Maybe I didn't.

Jedi Mind trick!!!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 08:39 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

This mess is easily going to go 5-6 pages, just off the strength of educating her. She doesn't know how to research and analyze anything, so she'd rather engage in a see-saw battle of posts and learn from there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/no2.gif)

Bradley IS out of character, which is evident. Manny is just playing the role he usually plays, but he is killing me since he started opening his mouth, because a lot of stuff he's been saying makes no sense (i.e. the statement about Cotto being ahead of him in the 5th round).

Cotto will do as Cotto usually does...make a mute person look like a motor mouth, since he'll only say a handful of words. Mayweather will do as he usually does, be calm and repetitive during the pressers, talk a bit of crap during the interviews afterward, and go nuts on 24/7 (the side that everybody wants to see).

We must not forget, TR will find a way to sell this fight. If they were able to put a guy in the ring that should've been banned for life and people swore they wouldn't watch again, and sold over a million PPVS. They will make Bradley "look" like a threat, hence the constant reiteration of how much he weighs and his undefeated record.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 12:06 AM