> 8oz gloves for cotto mayweather
Cshel86
post Feb 29 2012, 08:58 PM
Post #41

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 29 2012, 08:56 PM) *
nobody mention the ortiz fight am still laughing at what ortiz corner said, hit him, hit anything, shoulders elbow etc they seemed desperate and it was only round 3

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Not many peeped the Grant gloves that Victor wore either...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BoxingEinstein
post Feb 29 2012, 09:02 PM
Post #42

Super Featherweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,243

Floyd is gonna spank and KO Cotto with them 8 OZ. Mosley has a iron chin and a better chin than Cotto and Marquez got respected by Mayweather so Floyd didn't choose to go for the KO.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 29 2012, 09:25 PM
Post #43

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (mgrover @ Feb 29 2012, 08:56 PM) *
nobody mention the ortiz fight am still laughing at what ortiz corner said, hit him, hit anything, shoulders elbow etc they seemed desperate and it was only round 3

LMAO... it was those right hands to the dome that made them get desperate. Floyd hits harder than given credit for.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 29 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #44

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

Didn't he have something like a 80% ko ratio under welterweight?..

Idk if its power, but as a guy that trains and spars his speed and accuracy is amazing. That if anything would be the thing that would stun me the most if I was in the ring with someone like that.

+Quote Post
neophyte7
post Feb 29 2012, 09:54 PM
Post #45

Welterweight

Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,991

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 29 2012, 09:42 PM) *
Didn't he have something like a 80% ko ratio under welterweight?..

Idk if its power, but as a guy that trains and spars his speed and accuracy is amazing. That if anything would be the thing that would stun me the most if I was in the ring with someone like that.

that speed and elusiveness made Ortiz lose his mind in the ring ... LMAO.. I have never seen before him a fighter leap with his head like Floyd's face was a soccer ball.. LMAO... he got KTFO for that shit... LMAO

This post has been edited by neophyte7: Feb 29 2012, 09:56 PM

+Quote Post
Franchize
post Mar 1 2012, 09:15 AM
Post #46

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Feb 29 2012, 03:46 PM) *
In what way does that negate the fact that one man has made concessions to make the fight a reality while the other keeps coming up with reasons why it cant?

What concessions did Manny exactly make? The fact that he's drug testing like everyone else Floyd is fighting nowadays? Manny himself said "I'll take less money to fight Floyd." When he was called on it, what happened? He wants 50/50. Really, name the last fight in which two top tier guys got a 50/50 split? When you really think about it, why SHOULD Manny get a 50/50 split? He has losses, draws and he's facing a fighter with none. He has @ least 3 fights that he won that are up for debate. His most recent fight, most people think he lost (against a guy who Floyd dismantled and pitched a shut out against).

Furthermore, it pains me that people like Dan Rafael, who's fairly knowledgeable about the sport and has a huge platform for the casual fan out there, doesn't expose the nonsense going on with Bob Arum and Top Rank. The enabler for Bob Arum is the casual fan. Their info comes strictly from ESPN, from guys like Skip Bayless who know absolutely nothing about the sport and is super biased, but poses like an aficianado.

Explain this: Bob Arum complained about this imaginary "outdoor stadium" because the MGM wasn't big enough. Where is Manny's next fight? Where was his last fight? Where was his fight vs De La Hoya? Where was his fight vs Mosley? Where was his fight vs Cotto? Where was his fight vs Ledwaba? Where was the first fight against Marquez? Where was his fight vs Hatton? Where was his loss vs Morales? C'mon now... stop it. Those are FACTS...not speculation.

Manny has fought in the MGM Grand @ least 9 times. Of those 9 fights, all were career milestone fights. Why is it a problem to fight Floyd for $40mill in the MGM but ok to fight Bradley $9mill in the same venue? Is making more money a bad thing?

What pisses me off is that this stuff doesn't get exposed. Alex Ariza blatantly and boldly coming out and saying it's Bob Arum who doesn't want the fight. This is something coming out of PACQUIAO'S CAMP, but it won't make ESPN. But let Floyd say something about Jeremy Lin and it scrolls across the bottom every 5 minutes.

This post has been edited by Franchize: Mar 1 2012, 09:28 AM

+Quote Post
BigDDatHomey
post Mar 1 2012, 01:44 PM
Post #47

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 12,802

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Feb 29 2012, 07:46 PM) *
if mayweather allows cotto to throw on him the way he allowed ortiz to....i think we'll be in for a great fight. cotto is much more accurate with his shots than ortiz.

Cotta is nowhere near as quick as Ortiz is. 8oz. gloves are because Floyd is going for a knockout. I see a TKO. Cotto's corner isn't going to let him take massive amounts of punishment. Mayweather is going to start being ascertive about the 4th-5th round, then by the 8th they will be ready to throw in the towel.

If Cotta was getting hit by Marg, he will be surgically TKO'd. Remember one thing about Cotto. His face bruises and swells pretty quickly, thanks to loaded wraps.

At the end of the day though, this is boxing and it only takes one punch, or maybe a couple.

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Mar 1 2012, 08:40 PM
Post #48

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (BigDDatHomey @ Mar 1 2012, 02:44 PM) *
Cotta is nowhere near as quick as Ortiz is. 8oz. gloves are because Floyd is going for a knockout. I see a TKO. Cotto's corner isn't going to let him take massive amounts of punishment. Mayweather is going to start being ascertive about the 4th-5th round, then by the 8th they will be ready to throw in the towel.

If Cotta was getting hit by Marg, he will be surgically TKO'd. Remember one thing about Cotto. His face bruises and swells pretty quickly, thanks to loaded wraps.

At the end of the day though, this is boxing and it only takes one punch, or maybe a couple.

he's a much smarter fighter than ortiz and is excellent at placing his shots. he will hit mayweathers shoulders and arms to create openings. i'll say this....ortiz rocked mayweather before that headbutt and wasn't able to capitalize on it. if cotto lands that kind of shot on mayweather, don't expect him to miss as much as ortiz afterwards. sure...one punch can change it all. that works both ways with 8 or 10oz gloves.

+Quote Post
Jovi
post Mar 1 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #49

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,532

Man i see this fight being a shutout. When i was watching Cotto/Margarito 2 it looked like he was still getting hurt and tired by the end. floyd trains to fight 15 rounds, on top of that mayweather always comes out strong in the first like 4 rounds, Ortiz couldnt make it past it mentally, then failed. Cotto wont last, if you were to watch all of floyd's fight he really does make every fighter look the same one way or another. He hasn't been knocked out in his whole career other than the time when he hurt his hand, with this 8oz Gloves he just wants to beat him faster lol.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Mar 1 2012, 09:52 PM
Post #50

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (daprofessor @ Mar 1 2012, 08:40 PM) *
ortiz rocked mayweather before that headbutt and wasn't able to capitalize on it. if cotto lands that kind of shot on mayweather, don't expect him to miss as much as ortiz afterwards.

Let me guess, Cotto will land just as much on Floyd, as he did against Pacquiao and Clottey when he had their backs against the ropes? All I remember is Cotto throwing wide shots that were getting blocked, and his failure to use an uppercut against a stationary opponent with their backs against the ropes. I'll hold my breath for this one...

QUOTE (Jovi @ Mar 1 2012, 09:34 PM) *
When i was watching Cotto/Margarito 2 it looked like he was still getting hurt and tired by the end.

+1

Im looking at how Cotto was able to land against Margarito in the first fight when they had 8 oz gloves on, but he was still getting hit. Maybe it's because he couldn't hurt Margarito. In this fight, Cotto will be trying to land against a guy who's hard to be hit, and also has the speed and accuracy to hit Miguel whenever he pleases.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th July 2014 - 12:05 PM