Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Broner vs Gamboa
bnoles4life
post Feb 27 2012, 05:42 PM
Post #11

Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,299

As I see it, Broner's chin is the question mark in determining who's the victor in this match up. I haven't seen Broner's chin validated. I'm not saying it has or hasn't been, just I've yet to witness it. I think if Gamboa can't carry his power or if Broner catches good, then it's likely a looooooong (or relatively short) night for the guy who's name starts w/ Y.

Btw, anyone else notice against Perez, how earily similar Broner resembled a young PBF at LW?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 27 2012, 05:53 PM
Post #12

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Good point! We haven't seen Broner's chin tested yet, and I also believe Gamboa will keep his power while only moving up 4 lbs to 130. In the Perez fight, I noticed a young guy who was happy to display some rather copied and scripted ring skills.

Now, who is the real Broner...we wont know until that chin gets tested. If he adjusts like Mayweather can (when things get rough in the ring), then I'll crown him king of something...whatever that may be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

In the meantime, Im sure Floyd is glad to watch a young guy fight nearly verbatim to the way he did/does. These days, when boxers are done with their careers and dealing with the bullshit that comes with the sport...they dont want their children to become fighters, ever.

Again, Floyd must be enjoying the luxury of watching Broner perform!

+Quote Post
daprofessor
post Feb 27 2012, 07:18 PM
Post #13

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,336

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 27 2012, 05:30 PM) *
+1

The only reason his defensive flaws haven't been exposed, is because he hasn't fought anybody fast enough to make him pay for it. If I remember correctly, Salido had a nice quick moment in their fight because Gamboa got a but careless.

Wow...I totally forgot about the height difference...not sure how big the difference is.

it's about 2 inches...but i think broner has a significant reach advantage. i'd love to see the fight.

+Quote Post
checkleft
post Feb 27 2012, 09:00 PM
Post #14

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,079

I'm just saying if salido could put yuri down with one of those wild ass hooks broner is gonna be dancing some more.

+Quote Post
mrwigi
post Feb 28 2012, 10:11 AM
Post #15

Super Flyweight

Member No.: 7,421

I agree that the biggest question mark in the fight would be Broner's chin. He undoubtedly has the skill set to beat Gamboa and maybe even stop him. The question is, how well we he respond if/when he gets hit with a big shot.

+Quote Post
CDeezFoo
post Feb 28 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #16

Amateur

Member No.: 11,549

This is the first time I got to watch Broner and it was awesome to see. ..it was as if I was watching young Kobe emulate Jordan when he had first come into the league...but this time I'm not mad at the guy. Broner was doing everything from the shoulder roll to Floyd's little faces he makes on the inside when the opponent doesn't get anything in. I'm very intrigued and happy to see somebody that may carry the Floyd style into the future. Also, if this guy can take a punch..or even better for now not even get hit with anything...then this guy is on his way. He likes to talk as well but its so over the top that I think people will like him rather than hate him

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #17

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Feb 28 2012, 03:04 PM) *
Broner was doing everything from the shoulder roll to Floyd's little faces he makes on the inside when the opponent doesn't get anything in. I'm very intrigued and happy to see somebody that may carry the Floyd style into the future.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

Im sorry, your speech is a bit groggy...you may want to try removing Floyd's testic...well, nevermind...

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2012, 04:52 PM
Post #18

Welterweight

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Feb 28 2012, 05:13 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drag.gif)

Im sorry, your speech is a bit groggy...you may want to try removing Floyd's testic...well, nevermind...

BWWWAAAHHHAAAAAAA....dude you're a fuck'n fool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

+Quote Post
bnoles4life
post Feb 28 2012, 04:55 PM
Post #19

Welterweight

QUOTE (checkleft @ Feb 27 2012, 10:00 PM) *
I'm just saying if salido could put yuri down with one of those wild ass hooks broner is gonna be dancing some more.

True that.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post Feb 28 2012, 10:05 PM
Post #20

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Feb 28 2012, 04:52 PM) *
BWWWAAAHHHAAAAAAA....dude you're a fuck'n fool! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif)

Dont pay me any attention (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 04:29 PM